Styled By Susie #4 Buyer beware, are you sure you’re an autumn pear?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks and congrats to @Combineharvestt for your thread title! Can someone help me recap the last thread please? We had reports of fake reviews from SBS’s friends, reports of people receiving solicitors letters from SBS, which was actually addressed and partially denied by Susie herself. Emily departed and set up on her own, and I’m sure there was more! Anyone with a better memory care to do a better update?

Reactions: 6
Seems the coaching (sarah akwisombe) behind the MHS person has unraveled. Was MHS ‘coaching’ Susie or giving marketing advice? MHS ‘downline’? Looking at the SA threads it seems a lot of people have taken in by her and the other guy wonder what Susie makes of it. MHS hasn’t posted in several days.

Reactions: 2
Thanks for new thread.

Yeah I think Susie was one of MHS's victims. Steph probably gave susie "business advice" in the form of a "coaching" course and now it's all gone tits up for both of them.

I hope you didn't mind me butting in at the end of the last thread. I've looked into thread starting a bit more and apparently you need to reach a certain level of likes to be able to start one. As someone who reads but doesn't often comment, I couldn't have started one anyway. I guess that's why you see other people say they're unable to start one too rather than not knowing how, you don't have the tabs to do it.

Anyway I had been thinking some style advice for my new lifestyle wouldn't go amiss and I've been looking online at all this Season analysis trying to do my own, but yeah, some professional pointers wouldn't go amiss. I looked at SBS but what I saw on Facebook etc. didn't look like it would fit with my own preferences. I'd sum it up as denim and biker jackets, clunky boots or white trainers and hairbands or big earrings. None of that's for me, but I didn't feel confident that I'd be pointed in another other direction. This is probably very old news to regular posters here.

While I was mulling all this over, I saw the thread on mumsnet and the subsequent fall out and then the threads here. I'm just shocked that a business would conduct itself in such a way and also take advice from someone who puts hustle in their title. To me hustle equates to scams, I think that's because of a TV programme going back years?

In the end I analysed myself on what shade of red suits me best and whether gold or silver is better and although that could probably be improved on, it'll do for now and I'm still looking at other stylists to follow.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Does anyone know what has happened re solicitor letters? I'm sorry I can't remember the name but someone on here knew someone who had a letter and was going to fight it. Any update?

Reactions: 3
I hope you didn't mind me butting in at the end of the last thread. I've looked into thread starting a bit more and apparently you need to reach a certain level of likes to be able to start one. As someone who reads but doesn't often comment, I couldn't have started one anyway. I guess that's why you see other people say they're unable to start one too rather than not knowing how, you don't have the tabs to do it.

Anyway I had been thinking some style advice for my new lifestyle wouldn't go amiss and I've been looking online at all this Season analysis trying to do my own, but yeah, some professional pointers wouldn't go amiss. I looked at SBS but what I saw on Facebook etc. didn't look like it would fit with my own preferences. I'd sum it up as denim and biker jackets, clunky boots or white trainers and hairbands or big earrings. None of that's for me, but I didn't feel confident that I'd be pointed in another other direction. This is probably very old news to regular posters here.

While I was mulling all this over, I saw the thread on mumsnet and the subsequent fall out and then the threads here. I'm just shocked that a business would conduct itself in such a way and also take advice from someone who puts hustle in their title. To me hustle equates to scams, I think that's because of a TV programme going back years?

In the end I analysed myself on what shade of red suits me best and whether gold or silver is better and although that could probably be improved on, it'll do for now and I'm still looking at other stylists to follow.
Can highly recommend Emily Innes or Joy from the style guide. Both rocking it right now and more importantly get it correct

Does anyone know what has happened re solicitor letters? I'm sorry I can't remember the name but someone on here knew someone who had a letter and was going to fight it. Any update?
Sadly I think the silence means they signed the cease and desist letters preventing them from ever posting again 😢

Reactions: 8
Every member I spoke to has either confirmed they signed the letter or has deleted all PMS and posts, from what I have seen. I did speak to an additional person who was going to fight it but I haven't heard from them since. The lady on Mumsnet has also disappeared.
After seeing the baying mob on SBS FB page calling them evil and whatever, I can't say I blame them, sadly.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I just don’t understand why anyone would be concerned with a cede & desist letter from SBS - surely it’s all opinion and nobody can stop you having one of those. On the note of MHS I cant help but think she has massively screwed up Susie’s business with her advice....the FB group may not have been perfect but it must have been a good (indirect) revenue generating tool for Susie and much easier than this new ‘magazine’ as she calls it

I just don’t understand why anyone would be concerned with a cede & desist letter from SBS - surely it’s all opinion and nobody can stop you having one of those.
I agree with you. I guess people got frightened by the legal words and the deadline and decided it was easier to just sign the paper.

Every member I spoke to has either confirmed they signed the letter or has deleted all PMS and posts, from what I have seen. I did speak to an additional person who was going to fight it but I haven't heard from them since. The lady on Mumsnet has also disappeared.
After seeing the baying mob on SBS FB page calling them evil and whatever, I can't say I blame them, sadly.
That's such a shame, completely understandable but I was really hoping that someone would have had the mental strength to be able to fight it. I can't imagine the pressure to sign and the worry of it hanging over you especially at the moment. I can't believe that people can say those things on Facebook about others! They are saying worse but of course not deleted or chucked off the page like the 'trolls' were because they are the Susie fangirls.

I have to say that I didn't realise how detrimental the Susie Facebook group was for me. Since the new group I've felt more inspired then ever, I'm enjoying buying clothes again, feel like I've found myself/style again and a place that will be honest. It's not just the same thing chunky white trainers/mom jeans/leather jacket/head band. It's fabulous.

Reactions: 12
That's such a shame, completely understandable but I was really hoping that someone would have had the mental strength to be able to fight it. I can't imagine the pressure to sign and the worry of it hanging over you especially at the moment. I can't believe that people can say those things on Facebook about others! They are saying worse but of course not deleted or chucked off the page like the 'trolls' were because they are the Susie fangirls.
Yes it's easy to say, it's rubbish, brazen it out, call her bluff, but people don't want a costly court case. They want it to go away. I can't blame them.

As to the people who are baying for blood on the FB page? Every person on there who said something nasty about the women who received letters, or this site, or MN, if they were also in the new FB group, they were removed. They don't get to behave that way and still get the benefit of that community. So they did get a consequence for it.

Good to hear on the FB group! I don't think the old one was very good for anyone. The censorship and the strict uniform didn't make all that many people happy.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
As to the people who are baying for blood on the FB page? Every person on there who said something nasty about the women who received letters, or this site, or MN, if they were also in the new FB group, they were removed. They don't get to behave that way and still get the benefit of that community. So they did get a consequence for it.
I'm so happy to see this. Good for you and the new group!

Yes it's easy to say, it's rubbish, brazen it out, call her bluff, but people don't want a costly court case. They want it to go away. I can't blame them.

Good to hear on the FB group! I don't think the old one was very good for anyone. The censorship and the strict uniform didn't make all that many people happy.
Yes agree with everything you said.

That's good to know re people on SBS Facebook. The people who received letters deserve a safe place.

Reactions: 1
Yes agree with everything you said.

That's good to know re people on SBS Facebook. The people who received letters deserve a safe place.
Yes I agree, these ladies were made out to be harrasers when that couldn't have been further from the truth, all they did was post about their experience, the threat of legal action and having to cover susies costs most likely scared them so much they felt they had no choice but to sign it. Imagine being a promoter of female empowerment and then silencing them.

[/QUOTE]

Yes they do. And we believe them. For what it's worth.

I think these letters did SBS more harm than good.

But if none of the people that received some ever posted again it probably means they were silenced by them.

I actually think not allowing honest feedback, unless it is positive, and shaming people that do criticize is a form of bullying.

I wonder why Emily left? Maybe the Stylists are not allowed to speak out either?

Reactions: 9
I think these letters did SBS more harm than good.

But if none of the people that received some ever posted again it probably means they were silenced by them.

I actually think not allowing honest feedback, unless it is positive, and shaming people that do criticize is a form of bullying.

I wonder why Emily left? Maybe the Stylists are not allowed to speak out either?
She hasn’t said anything and I doubt she will, but she did post a story last week, a meme thing, of a quote saying something like ‘sometimes you have to accept that you are the toxic one and the problem is you’ or words to that effect. So make of that what you will.

Reactions: 5
She hasn’t said anything and I doubt she will, but she did post a story last week, a meme thing, of a quote saying something like ‘sometimes you have to accept that you are the toxic one and the problem is you’ or words to that effect. So make of that what you will.
Thank you.

I guess it is none of our business but would be interesting to know!

Susie is now more on Insta, doing stories and posts

Thank you.

I guess it is none of our business but would be interesting to know!

Susie is now more on Insta, doing stories and posts
It’s absolutely none of our business but I’m here because I’m nosey and like to know things 😂 🙈

I’m glad Susie is back and seems to have taken a step back personally, so there’s SBS content but less personal.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.