Styled By Susie #3 Silence by Susie, Patreon fail, she'll write it all up in the Daily Mail

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think I know who fairy kitty is, and if I'm right, this is not her first experience of unpleasant dealings with SBS. Really hope you are ok fairy kitty 🌸

There are two male reviews on trust pilot now!
It’s worth having a read of trustpilot for said paint company! I mentioned this company a few days ago and said it puts me off buying from them again. If they are sending out legal letters then that’s it, I’m done. And I will tell my local supplier why. This paint company run the risk of damaging other businesses too, not just their own. Maybe this topic needs its own thread.

I wonder how many more of these online/social media based companies behave this way. It probably takes a while for people to notice heavy moderation and poor customer service but once momentum gets going (like with SBS) I wonder how well these businesses survive.
Oh my, just read some reviews of that paint company... ouch!

Reactions: 1
Statement by Susie posted over on the SBS thread on MN says she’s issued two cease and desist letters to people harassing her and those people were using multiple usernames to make it appear lots of people had received letters. Make of that what you will 🤔

120134140_1282500248752865_4763461163451294547_n.jpg

Reactions: 6
I have to say, that statement over there is certainly interesting. And if it IS true, then what's has happened does constitute harassment as I for one have had the wool pulled over my eyes and judged her harshly for threatening her customers.
Very odd. I know for certain of one of the individuals mentioned, but given how open she has been about her identity I can't think why she would lie just to bring down Susie. Yeah...it's just all odd.

Reactions: 5
What a crock of tit.

I'm not denying that people post under multiple aliases online, but I think on forums like this and MN and similar, users are quite quick to realise if a someone is posting with a new name and they get called out. I don't think there's much truth to their statement, also that thread seemed to have died down and they choose now to post on there to stir it all up again.

Reactions: 9
No actual apology or resolution for the existing customers who have felt they had poor service though. Even if what she has written about the letters is true (I’m sceptical) it’s still a me me me statement and no sincere acknowledgement of what has actually gone wrong.

Reactions: 12
What a crock of tit.

I'm not denying that people post under multiple aliases online, but I think on forums like this and MN and similar, users are quite quick to realise if a someone is posting with a new name and they get called out. I don't think there's much truth to their statement, also that thread seemed to have died down and they choose now to post on there to stir it all up again.
I hope you're right but thinking back, the legal threats didn't make sense which is why I was so incredulous and tried to reassure anyone reading as to why they had nothing to worry about. And yet they still seemed worried enough to have their posts deleted and sign so they wouldn't 'be taken to court'....which leaves what? That maybe they WERE in the wrong. I'm questioning everything now.

I just read that on Mumsnet and it isn't true. I have spoken to a few different people who have either shown me letters or given me details of them - and I am pretty good at spotting tone and grammar errors and so on, so I know they are all different people. Now I don't know how many more have received a letter but it certainly isn't just two.
In addition, I have seen how the Hustle woman spoke to the admins on the FB group and seen the solicitor letter accusing a member of lying and saying they are using different usernames on MN (also not true, as I have spoken to the different usernames and they are different people).
Make of that what you will, but Susie isn't getting harassed by the people I have spoken to. And they aren't the ones who can make statements online as they are frightened to do so now.
For me personally, I am going to believe the women who are frightened to speak up rather than the one making dubious statements.

Reactions: 18
You've just got to be so careful trusting people online, for e.g. I've still got plenty of old usernames because they save when I namechange. I have a certain posting style so I'm aware enough of it to adapt it.
Didn't you say you're a mod on the FB group though? So I guess if you're talking to people on there then you must get a feeling about if a profile is legit.

Reactions: 2
There are definitely two who have been most vocal about their letters and about their experience with SBS, but I believe there are more who have deleted posts and now not commenting. How could they be certain enough to say in their statement that "the two" are using multiple aliases on the same forum without having access to the users' email addresses and usernames?

Reactions: 3
There are definitely two who have been most vocal about their letters and about their experience with SBS, but I believe there are more who have deleted posts and now not commenting. How could they be certain enough to say in their statement that "the two" are using multiple aliases on the same forum without having access to the users' email addresses and usernames?
MN and possibly the mods here would have provided the info, it's happened in legal cases before.

You've just got to be so careful trusting people online, for e.g. I've still got plenty of old usernames because they save when I namechange. I have a certain posting style so I'm aware enough of it to adapt it.
Didn't you say you're a mod on the FB group though? So I guess if you're talking to people on there then you must get a feeling about if a profile is legit.
Absolutely I can change my posting style, grammar and spelling is harder to spot. Phrasing and so on. I am suspicious by nature too 😀
Yes that's exactly right, I admin on the splinter FB group, but I used to vet members years back for a breastfeeding group so am fairly practised at it. I don't trust easily on this stuff, but I don't think I have been fooled. Plus, I can't see what the alleged harassers would achieve. Susie has been blathering about trolls and bullies ad nauseum, first pointing the finger here and at Mumsnet, now at these 'two' individuals - even putting the rest aside, I don't buy it. There are so many posters who have deleted their stuff on here, on Mumsnet, on the FB group - and she is the only one getting to have a say. I don't buy it.

Reactions: 9
Absolutely I can change my posting style, grammar and spelling is harder to spot. Phrasing and so on. I am suspicious by nature too 😀
Yes that's exactly right, I admin on the splinter FB group, but I used to vet members years back for a breastfeeding group so am fairly practised at it. I don't trust easily on this stuff, but I don't think I have been fooled. Plus, I can't see what the alleged harassers would achieve. Susie has been blathering about trolls and bullies ad nauseum, first pointing the finger here and at Mumsnet, now at these 'two' individuals - even putting the rest aside, I don't buy it. There are so many posters who have deleted their stuff on here, on Mumsnet, on the FB group - and she is the only one getting to have a say. I don't buy it.
(I wasn't vetted when I joined the group, I made a separate profile with one photo of me, a different name (because of my profession), no info and nothing on my timeline so I could've been a catfish.)
You said you'd spoken personally to people sent letters, do you mean in person? Or online?
And that you'd seen the letters. The contents of the letters discussed on here before don't match up with what was just claimed in Susie's statement. With what I know, the legal threats people were talking about really were laughable to me and I couldn't understand what they were scared of (although I know any legal looking letter can be intimidating if you don't know the system well).

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.