Style help!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m approaching 40 and I’m tired of not knowing what I should be wearing to make myself feel nice but also not look like a standard Boden Mummy.

Are there any good style accounts on insta to follow for inspiration for a knackered, soft bellied, homeworking mum?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m approaching 40 and I’m tired of not knowing what I should be wearing to make myself feel nice but also not look like a standard Boden Mummy.

Are there any good style accounts on insta to follow for inspiration for a knackered, soft bellied, homeworking mum?
Hey there! Are there any celebrities that you aspire to or like the look/ style of? I'm not on Instagram so can't suggest any style gurus. I would say you start with your body shape/ face shape/ your complexion/ hair colour and then see what suits you if you have a look online. Also what is your best feature and what is your worst feature then go for looks that flatter or distract from the worst feature and show off your best feature. Then also have a look at your own budget.

Reactions: 1
What kind of styles do you like? Just wear whatever you like and whatever you feel comfortable wearing. Just because you’re approaching a certain age doesn’t mean you have to start dressing like a “Boden Mum” (🤢) and 38/39/40 is still young.
I’ve always said that the things to invest in first and foremost is good supportive comfortable underwear. Then just go for whatever you like - a good few pairs of jeans are always an investment, in a few colours and styles. I always buy things that can be worn a few ways - so I’ve just bought a soft denim tunic dress that can be worn with flip flops in the summer, or with tights and boots in the colder weather or with a belt or whatever to dress it up and change it.