Stupid things you used to believe

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't remember if I was told it was illegal but I was definitely told it's something you shouldn't do when the car is moving!

Reactions: 6
I can't remember if I was told it was illegal but I was definitely told it's something you shouldn't do when the car is moving!
And literally AS SOON as you put it on... “get that light off, if the police see us....” 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 28
My nephew is 16 now, but when he was about 4 he asked his grandmother if it was 'scary' when she was small? She asked him what did he mean and he replied "Because of the dinosaurs Nana".
My niece asked my Nan if Jesus was in her class st school 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 25
That “To Let” signs outside houses actually meant “Toilet” and the i had just been rubbed out.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I always had a strict evening routine with my kids when they were young. At bath time I would pop a cd on in my room, was a random now album. We always heard the same songs in the same order. Years later, when asked at school a question about what time you have a bath/go to bed, my son answered when the bath song comes on! For all those years he thought it was a universal song to let all children know it was bath and bed time. Bless

I actually still tell them it’s illegal to have the interior light on in the car at night. They take it that seriously that if we are travelling at night they both refuse to sit in the front as the light from their mobile phone might cause us to be arrested. Haha

• Haha
Reactions: 11
When I was a little girl my nan used to carry around a ‘magic cloth’ whenever we went to the park to play. One day I remember this little girl falling over and starting to cry because she had hurt herself, I ran over to my nan and said ‘get the magic cloth!’ And I went on to tell this girl that once she had this magic cloth pressed on her injury it would get better- I truly believed this! It was only years later, when my nan had sadly passed when I sat and remember the ‘magic cloth’ it was actually just a wet flannel that she took out in case we injured ourselves to clean the cut/ dirt !! But because my nan made everything so magical I really did think it was! God I miss her so much. Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 62
When I was a little girl my nan used to carry around a ‘magic cloth’ whenever we went to the park to play. One day I remember this little girl falling over and starting to cry because she had hurt herself, I ran over to my nan and said ‘get the magic cloth!’ And I went on to tell this girl that once she had this magic cloth pressed on her injury it would get better- I truly believed this! It was only years later, when my nan had sadly passed when I sat and remember the ‘magic cloth’ it was actually just a wet flannel that she took out in case we injured ourselves to clean the cut/ dirt !! But because my nan made everything so magical I really did think it was! God I miss her so much. Xx
you've got me crying in the club right now, might need the magic cloth

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
My gran had magic cream, made everything better. I started doing that with my children because I remember how looked after it made me feel.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
It would rain if I killed a spider. Which funnily enough it rained enough times when I killed one for me to actually believe it for alot longer than I should have.

Thunder meant God was having a punch up.

My parents also once told me to stop picking my belly button or a plethora of creepy crawlies would come out of it. I was terrified.

I believed there was some sort of Goblin that lived under my bed that would grab me by my ankles and suck me under if I got out of bed at night but I blamed a book my parents used to read to me as a child called 'The Ankle Grabber' at bedtime! Lovely my parents were 🤣

If I stuck plants in a dark cuboard and didnt water them, they would grow MASSIVE trying to look for light and water. I went as far to write this theory in an exam and the teacher used my paper as an example or someone who couldn't be bothered to revise. The humiliation 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Aww, I love this. My grandma used to carry a wet flannel in a bag. When me and my cousins were mucky, she’d come at us with it 😂 she’s still alive now but I still wish I could rewind the clock to when I was a child.

Reactions: 3
When I was in primary school I used to fall over in the playground a lot and come home with scraped knees. My brother told me that we only have 5 layers of skin and when I cut my knees for the 6th time they’d never heal and I’d just have a gaping wound forever. I was terrified of playing at playtime for months 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
That “To Let” signs outside houses actually meant “Toilet” and the i had just been rubbed out.
I used to think this too... I could never understand why there were so many toilets everywhere but I couldnt go to them when I needed it 🙄🙊🙈🤣

• Haha
I used to think this too... I could never understand why there were so many toilets everywhere but I couldnt go to them when I needed it 🙄🙊🙈🤣
Me three!!!

My parents had a 'comedy' calendar one year and January's picture was a giraffe with a To Let sign on its ear and then a second pic with 2 birds in a nest on his head. All year I used to flick back confused why the birds would use a giraffe's head as a toilet 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
As a kid I was never one for watching movies but they’d be on in the house and I’d here bits and for the longest time I thought the line from Grease ‘won’t go to bed til I’m legally wed’ meant that she was that determined to find a husband, she wouldn’t sleep until she found one.

Also thought you’d die if you didn’t wear green on St Patrick’s Day. No idea where that one came from.

Reactions: 5
After a traumatic sex education lesson I thought that if you had unprotected sex you would get aids. I couldn’t understand how people got pregnant and missed the getting aids part.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I had a whole lot of confusion about the concept of reindeers.

I’d only ever heard of them surrounding santa, so thought that they were mythical creatures when I stopped believing in Santa. My mind was blown when I found out that they were real. And then blown AGAIN when I found out they could fly.
They can fly????

• Haha
I only realised a few months ago that PC and politically correct were the same thing...I don’t know what I thought PC meant, I thought it meant like PG for films 😂😂🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 7