Strictly Come Dancing 2019

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It is looking like Strictly is trying to bring down the pros who have earned money outside of Strictly and dance shows down a notch or two. First giving Kevin, Anneka and him being out second and then getting Dianne out early. They are making sure they don't end up with more pros ending up like Brendan and James.

Reactions: 4
Kevin as the winner would be given a dud as they never allow the same pro to win two years in a row. It happens to every pro winner. The next year they get someone crap.

Reactions: 5
I think all the pros have been informed there will be BIG changes next year for 2020. So some of them are wondering, will this be their last season. Every couple of years, dancers get the chop and they bring in new talent.

Reactions: 1
Watching IT2 and am shocked at how thin Emma (Aljaz’s partner) looks 😲. Enormous bobble head and very prominent, knobbly sternum. She was tiny before she started this dancing but has she lost more weight with all the training?

Reactions: 2
Watching IT2 and am shocked at how thin Emma (Aljaz’s partner) looks 😲. Enormous bobble head and very prominent, knobbly sternum. She was tiny before she started this dancing but has she lost more weight with all the training?
She was/is a fashion model so they tend to be thin. She's also a Chef so maybe she enjoys feeding people rather than herself?!

She also suffered from hypophysitis during her pregnancy and suffered a bleed on the brain during the birth of her first child therefore their second child was born via a surrogate as natural childbirth is too dangerous for her.

Has anyone noticed the Chinese woman, I think she's one of the spare professionals, that's literally ALWAYS standing in the front when Claudia is speaking to the competitors after they just danced and are waiting to be scored ...... Its hilarious.... We play Where's wally..... But instead it's where the woman..... Shes a proper poser..... I have no idea who she is but I'm certain she's being lined up for next year!! Question is who's getting the boot??

I think it’s sad that Dev went because that Aladdin dance was fantastic. I try and forget about the Joanne crazies.
Over the years there’s been subtle signs of racism in the show with who goes early, and I can’t help but think it’s the case here. It happens every year.
Ore was an exception.

Saffron is a weird one for me. She’s good and doing all the moves correctly but she always has the same expression and it’s all so wooden. I wanted her to do well simply to knock joe Sugg off his high horse

Reactions: 6
I would like to think it wasnt due to racism. His dance was meh in comparison to his previous week and not memorable or much good compared to others last week. Contestants get to the final based on likability and good dancing (judges faves). Like it or not, it's a popularity contest! It is always used when someone good goes out like Aston last year. Maybe people thought they didnt need a vote as they were safe. I remember Gaby Logan suffering the same fate as the public thought she didnt need their vote. Alesha Dixon and Ore won, other finalists Colin Jackson (who lost on an abysmal show dance), Alexandra burke (people were against her because of dancing background), Ricky Whittle (lost out to the underdog Chris Hollins). It annoys me when some people use the racism card- it's all to do with how you play the game.
1. Do you have a lot of social media followers?
2. Are you a household name?
3. Are you a great dancer?
4. Do you have the likeability factor?
5 Have you come on a 'journey'?
6. Are you the judges' favourite (if so you will get public backlash- eg Emma bunton)?
7. Have you put the hours in and not come across poorly in the show footage?
8. Has your dance got good music and costumes? (these can scupper your chances)
9. Have you avoided scandal?
10. 🤔 Can you think if any others? 😊😉

Reactions: 6
I think people get offended when the question of racism is raised because it implies conscious, intentional racism rather than the often unconscious racial bias towards white people. Alexandra Burke got slated much worse for her dance background than the likes of Denise Van Outen or Rachel Stevens, or male dancers with the same levels of experience. Do I think people consciously choose not to vote/not to like her because she’s a black woman? No. Could it be happening with unconscious racism? Yes.

How weeny does Melvin look on the sofa between the two women?! He looks like a Borrower 😂

(On IT2 by the way)

Reactions: 1
How weeny does Melvin look on the sofa between the two women?! He looks like a Borrower 😂

(On IT2 by the way)
I only caught the end of it, i knew the actress from Motherland but who was the other lady on the end, i thought id seen her on a eurovision programme before but couldnt place her

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.