Strictly come Dancing 2022 #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This scoring has been mad tonight and I think the staunch Hamza fans can agree he has been overmarked tonight and for the past few weeks as well.

I like him and he will win but I feel it was a case of Shirley and Motsi brushing over any concerns about a lacklustre performance to make sure he gets through to next week. I'm very confused by all the praise he gets especially as other contestants are critiqued far harsher for smaller details.
I agree re Hamza. Lovely guy, and I think he is going to win, but tonight it was particularly clear that things were being brushed off by Shirley and Motsi in their comments, that others would be very much criticised for.

I think Jowita is amazing and they have a fantastic partnership. But that was not their best performance.

Reactions: 23
Kym re-entering will be interesting. I wonder she'll be allowed to do her CC though I guess they hadn't done much rehearsing. It's basically one of out of her, Molly, and Fleur to make the final. A lot will depend on who has which dance/song for Musicals Week

Reactions: 9
I'm gonna say it, sorry Gorka fans but Gorka acting like a tart and wiggling his bum/showing his pecs to encourage people to vote is kind of disrespectful and discouraging of Helen, like he thinks people won't vote for her.

I'd feel quite hurt if my partner did this.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
So glad that Molly avoided the dance off! A bit gutted for Ellie and Johannes as they’re so lovely but it was the right result.

Reactions: 16
I agree re Hamza. Lovely guy, and I think he is going to win, but tonight it was particularly clear that things were being brushed off that others would be very much criticised for.

I think Jowita is amazing and they have a fantastic partnership. But that was not their best performance.
I wonder if he is having injury problems; he danced about 40% of the dance tonight and didn't do any of the big lifts.

The judges have been brushing over critiques for him for the past number of weeks so its getting boring for me now watching him as I know whats coming when its comes to the judges especially Motsi and Shirley. Anton and Craig were given genuine critiques but then still gave it 8 & 9 ?!?! The Argentine tango is mostly about the leg movement so how can you justify saying he pretty much went all wrong there and give it 1 and 2 marks less than a perfect score??

Reactions: 17
This scoring has been mad tonight and I think the staunch Hamza fans can agree he has been overmarked tonight and for the past few weeks as well.

I like him and he will win but I feel it was a case of Shirley and Motsi brushing over any concerns about a lacklustre performance to make sure he gets through to next week. I'm very confused by all the praise he gets especially as other contestants are critiqued far harsher for smaller details.
Craig & Anton were brave to tell it as it really was - there were no sharp kicks and flicks from Hamza, Jowita completely carried the dance. Perhaps he was hampered by his knee problems, but he was definitely lacking in the lower half. Were Motsi & Shirley on the Kool-aid, weird!

I just don’t think it was Hamza’s dance, which is fine. But it was marked by Shirley and Motsi like it was.

Reactions: 8
💃🕺💃****** Confirmed Result ******💃🕺💃

Dance Off - Ellie & Johannes v Fleur & Vito

Eliminated - Ellie & Johannes 😥😥😥

So glad my babes are through. It was time for Ellie to go.
All hail Juliet!
I adore Johannes, all I could think watching their dance was now THAT is hip action 🔥🔥🔥. Ellie grew on me, and while it was obvious that she was the weakest left, I really liked what she said about not being able to do that dance 10 weeks ago. What a fantastic attitude. Very glad for Molly that she wasn't in the dance off. Oh and this means we get to watch Vito (and Fleur) again. Yay.

I wonder if he is having injury problems; he danced about 40% of the dance tonight and didn't do any of the big lifts.

The judges have been brushing over critiques for him for the past number of weeks so its getting boring for me now watching him as I know whats coming when its comes to the judges especially Motsi and Shirley. Anton and Craig were given genuine critiques but then still gave it 8 & 9 ?!?! The Argentine tango is mostly about the leg movement so how can you justify saying he pretty much went all wrong there and give it 1 and 2 marks less than a perfect score??
That's a good point about the lifts - maybe that's one of the reasons it felt a bit flat? And it's not like he hasn't coped well with lifts so far

Reactions: 7
I'm gonna say it, sorry Gorka fans but Gorka acting like a tart and wiggling his bum/showing his pecs to encourage people to vote is kind of disrespectful and discouraging of Helen, like he thinks people won't vote for her.

I'd feel quite hurt if my partner did this.

He might have a point tho.... 😕 Perhaps if Helen let herself go in the dances, Gorka might not feel the need to overcompensate by going all out.

They all use tactics to get the votes - chests out / sob stories / memorial dances to grandma /VTs of kids etc. Except for Matt (bless)

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I liked Ellie but, as other's have said, it was her time to go and she'shad a good run!
I'm glad Molly avoided the dance off. I do wonder if the result would have been different if Kym danced?

Reactions: 11
He might have a point tho.... 

They all use tactics to get the votes - chests out / sob stories / memorial dances to grandma /VTs of kids etc. I
I get that and I certainly don't find Helen very interesting to watch.

However, to have your partner blatantly thirstrapping to get people to vote right in front of you is very different in my eyes. It's obnoxious, really.

Reactions: 11

However, to have your partner blatantly thirstrapping to get people to vote right in front of you is very different in my eyes. It's obnoxious, really.
Still gonna get my vote 😌

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Why the love for him, he has no personality whatsoever and his dancing isn't all that...
Oh I totally disagree, I think he has a lovely personality, I find him and his love for wildlife and his partnership with Jowita so endearing

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Very valid opinion and I 100% get what you're saying , but I think we should also consider this...
new1-1.gif

😜😜

• Haha
  • Heart
I’m a bit bummed by the results because Ellie is my favourite out of the celebs left but agree it was her time to go. Helen should have been against her in the do though imo,not Fleur

surely Kym won’t be allowed to do her couples choice unless it happened to be to a song that can be shoehorned into the musical theme , and they didn’t start any training last week . In a normal week, having an extra days training might be a slight advantage but in a week where they get a days less rehearsal time anyway it seems like it would be too much of an advantage. Obviously this is assuming Kym is well enough for next week and doesn’t withdraw

Reactions: 4
I thought the show flew by tonight, it wasn’t that long ago we had to do warm up exercises just to endure the 3-hour dance marathon!

Not that anyone asked for them but here’s my take on the dances:

Will and Nancy - I didn’t know how it was going to work with the song but it seemed to. I think he was overmarked again and not just because I’m not a fan. They weren’t a total mirror of each other at the very beginning. Nice of him to take the kids out if primary school for a visit 🥰.

Molly and Carlos - I thought it was fab! It must be so tough to come back from another dance off, especially when you’re a strong dancer.

Hamza and Jowita - it was a bit like Rose and Gio’s dance last year when she did a sideways leap and caught her - I wasn’t sure if it was good or not. A real split in the Judges and Shirley was being unusually nice…He’s such a joy to watch, he could come out and to the Cha Cha Slide and it’d still be a 10 from me.

Ellie and JoJo - this is the first dance of theirs where I thought JoJo out danced her - but I can see why he did. It wasn’t as bad as Ranvir and Gio’s and I think the fact the others are better made it looked a bit worse but it wasn’t great.

Fleur and Vito - I wasn’t overly taken with it. She was a lot more controlled than I worried she’d be but it wasn’t as good as Molly’s.

Helen and Gorka - I thought Craig’s score was harsh! It’s a tough dance and she still seems to be holding back, I was screaming at her to let go!! I was thinking of you all every time Gorka opened his shirt 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
I’m a bit bummed by the results because Ellie is my favourite out of the celebs left but agree it was her time to go. Helen should have been against her in the do though imo,not Fleur

surely Kym won’t be allowed to do her couples choice unless it happened to be to a song that can be shoehorned into the musical theme , and they didn’t start any training last week . In a normal week, having an extra days training might be a slight advantage but in a week where they get a days less rehearsal time anyway it seems like it would be too much of an advantage. Obviously this is assuming Kym is well enough for next week and doesn’t withdraw
I don't think there has been an update from Kym or Graz at all, which is a bit concerning? Hopefully she's ok to come back: it's been assumed but not a given at all. When I had Covid in June I tested positive for 9 days! :( Apart from the impact on Kym, if she had to withdraw it would be crap for the others, and a 3-person final.
This week will be carnage as it is with a day less to train.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.