Strictly Come Dancing 2021

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I personally agree too. It's OK for dancing in general but ballroom dancing is designed with the masculine and feminine in mind, there's a beauty to the blend of dresses and suits etc. Latin it might work a bit more for.

Reactions: 5
No offence to anyone and I'm not against it but for me I don't think the same sex partnerships work. It didn't work on DOI with H and didn't work with Nicola on strictly. H pushed for it on DOI so I think strictly felt they had to do it too. I'm hoping it's just male/female partners this year.
I agree both were very disappointing

Reactions: 1
I think with the same sex pairing it has to be the right people and not forced just because one is gay. I don’t watch DOI so I can’t comment on H and his partner but Nicola was not the person to introduce SS pairing to SCD even without their positive test I think they’d gone as far as they could go. DWTS Australia did really well with Josh and Shane(Courtney act). I think it needs someone with a good personality.

Reactions: 7
Josh and Shane/Courtney pulled it off definitely. Courtney is a total character but could dance and didn't rely on the comedy performance act. When Courtney flipped to Shane in that 1 dance as the make up came off they were amazing, goosebumps territory. It was amazing to watch.

Reactions: 5
I think with the same sex pairing it has to be the right people and not forced just because one is gay. I don’t watch DOI so I can’t comment on H and his partner but Nicola was not the person to introduce SS pairing to SCD even without their positive test I think they’d gone as far as they could go. DWTS Australia did really well with Josh and Shane(Courtney act). I think it needs someone with a good personality.
H was dire, all he did was bang on about how ground breaking it was, there was very basic skating no lifts etc dull dull dull. Much like Nicola and katya line dancing

Reactions: 6
Same sex pairings, especially female pairings, are really common in competitive ballroom dance as there’s an imbalance between the number of men and women competing. It can be amazing when done well. I won’t pass judgment on it on Strictly until we’ve had a good same sex pairing. Nicola would have been mediocre anyway.

Reactions: 7
Like with any pairing, the chemistry's got to be there to make it work. It was obvious from the outset Katya and Nicola were mismatched, and their dances just felt a bit awkward. Hopefully if they have a same sex pair this year, they'll be a better match

Reactions: 3
I wonder who Nicola may have fit better with or would she have just been that type of celeb who was never going to find their groove?

Katya is like Karen in that she needs a celeb who is game for everything, Nicola was way too shy/reticent for her usual style of choreo.

I don’t think she’d of fit with any of the girls tbh they’re all fairly bubbly and upbeat and Nadiya is a bit too serious. Whereas Nicola is neither of those things. I’m not sure there’s a male pro she’d have settled with aside from possibly anton who by now must have the patience of a saint.

Most girl/girl couples don't go for the aesthetic that Nicola and Katya went for — I've danced girl/girl and it was all about double the sparkles, matching dresses, making your hair and makeup as similar as possible. I know girl/girl couples who've dyed their hair to match!

Reactions: 4
Seems like they're having a male same-sex pairing and a possibility of a female one:

Not sure what's behind the choice of Graziano (if true) for this - they really need the pairing to be successful (two dud same-sex pairings wouldn't make the idea look that credible going forward) and that means that they have to get a pro for it that will absolutely deliver on choreo. Nothing against Graz, but he doesn't have the same amount of choreo experience as the others. Gio, Gorka or Kai would have all been better.

Reactions: 6
Seems like they're having a male same-sex pairing and a possibility of a female one:

Not sure what's behind the choice of Graziano (if true) for this - they really need the pairing to be successful (two dud same-sex pairings wouldn't make the idea look that credible going forward) and that means that they have to get a pro for it that will absolutely deliver on choreo. Nothing against Graz, but he doesn't have the same amount of choreo experience as the others. Gio, Gorka or Kai would have all been better.
Yeah, I'm not sure about this one. A bit weird to leak the name of the pro before we even know who the celeb is. And Graziano doesn't have a great track record, like you say

Reactions: 4

Interesting choice. Maybe the Celeb is a tall but then so is Johannes who I would say is more ‘established’ but of course he maybe he didn’t want to do it.

And if Graziano gets a partner this year then I wonder who’ll get benched?

Reactions: 2
I’d love to see Alan Carr on Strictly I think he’d be a hoot - but I’d rather see him dance with a lady partner and completely camp it up.

Reactions: 10
Interesting choice. Maybe the Celeb is a tall but then so is Johannes who I would say is more ‘established’ but of course he maybe he didn’t want to do it.

And if Graziano gets a partner this year then I wonder who’ll get benched?
The height thing is what I thought too, but then if that is the case, why not Aljaz either? He's not my fave, but he is the most experienced male pro now and much more of a 'name'. Unless he's still carrying an injury, of course

Still massively side-eyeing this because it's a bit baffling ha

Reactions: 1
The height thing is what I thought too, but then if that is the case, why not Aljaz either? He's not my fave, but he is the most experienced male pro now and much more of a 'name'. Unless he's still carrying an injury, of course

Still massively side-eyeing this because it's a bit baffling ha
Of course, how could I forget Aljaz! And he’s a popular pro who hasn’t really been ‘up there’ since he won, he’s got a great personality and I think he’d be a great teacher so yeah, why not him I wonder.

It could just be The Scum printing garbage as per!

Never really rated Aljaž as a choreographer, not sure he would produce exciting enough routines to make it work. I can see him taking on the Anton role instead.

If they need a tall pro, then I'd go with Kai for it since he had a successful go at it that week in Ireland with Brian Dowling.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.