Strictly Come Dancing 2020

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sick of it being the oti show (along with janette) the pro dances are becoming a bore because of the obvious favouritism.
Couldn't agree with you more, even the songs & costumes they were given tonight where the best. Like Hrvy is clearly a trained dancer & could have done so much more, but that jive was lacking content & parts of it was him standing there while Janette danced making it about her & Oti then going on about the song for her dance was her mother's favourite song. They both are given far too much airtime. I would much prefer to see more of the other pros, as those two do my head in.

Reactions: 6
Mine too.

I didn't take to them at the launch but HRVY and Maisie are just coming across as probably the best dancers but also both desperate to win. The judge's will get them through to the final but the fans won't

I made the mistake of watching his reaction video straight after the dance on the strictly Instagram feed. He's going to have to get his crotch on ice after all that tight packing

Also anyone think Dianne's been stitched up again like last years cha cha with the theming tonight? Awful music, just weird set up, seriously dodgy wig and not even my nan would wear that dress. Just strange all round for a tango. Especially with how good they look together, you'd think they'd give them the chance for a hot, sexy tango 🤷‍♀️
Poor Dianne! Her first tango on strictly and they give her that set up!!!!! Dress and wig were AWFUL and she is stunning and normally looks good in most things, but this is one to forget for sure. Add to that bad song choice it just was all round not great!

Reactions: 10
Poor Dianne! Her first tango on strictly and they give her that set up!!!!! Dress and wig were AWFUL and she is stunning and normally looks good in most things, but this is one to forget for sure. Add to that bad song choice it just was all round not great!
Add to all that Shirley critiquing her choreography, just because she didn't like the fusion, even though Neil did a similar tango fusion last year & she hadn't got an issue with it. It's week 1 & Shirley undermining Dianne seems quite harsh & petty & can effect the celebrity as they trust the pro 100% to get them through the competition & Shirley's comments about Dianne's choreography could make Max doubt Dianne's ability & make him second guess everything she teaches him, which will end in them being eliminated fairly quickly.

Reactions: 11
Add to all that Shirley critiquing her choreography, just because she didn't like the fusion, even though Neil did a similar tango fusion last year & she hadn't got an issue with it. It's week 1 & Shirley undermining Dianne seems quite harsh & petty & can effect the celebrity as they trust the pro 100% to get them through the competition & Shirley's comments about Dianne's choreography could make Max doubt Dianne's ability & make him second guess everything she teaches him, which will end in them being eliminated fairly quickly.
Shirley’s a bleeping jealous vindictive witch. Dianne should have pretended to be reading Shirley’s god awful autobiography last night and posted about it on Instagram. 10s all round then.

I fear them being eliminated early (after Jackie and ranvir etc) being as shy as he is coming across I fear the larger personalities will win over the public in a similar way to Dev who was also a quieter guy (who potentially might be the better dancer of the pair) so unfair comments like that won’t help. I don’t really remember her picking up on anyone’s else choreography.

The scoring did seem a little all over the place but it’s only week one so a better reflection next week.

ETA
To add to the above comment I do often get the feeling shirls is very jealous and bitter towards the younger prettier unmarried pro girls.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I fear them being eliminated early (after Jackie and ranvir etc) being as shy as he is coming across I fear the larger personalities will win over the public in a similar way to Dev who was also a quieter guy (who potentially might be the better dancer of the pair) so unfair comments like that won’t help. I don’t really remember her picking up on anyone’s else choreography.

The scoring did seem a little all over the place but it’s only week one so a better reflection next week.
Can you imagine how hard it is for Dianne, not only is she having to choreograph and teach someone with zero dance skills (unlike a lot of the other celebs) she’s living on her own, getting death threats for just doing her job (tho other pros can relax and show off their partnership) also Max is nervous and doesn’t have the popularity as some of the other celebs and now Shirley going to be nasty to her for no reason.

Can you imagine how hard it is for Dianne, not only is she having to choreograph and teach someone with zero dance skills (unlike a lot of the other celebs) she’s living on her own, getting death threats for just doing her job (tho other pros can relax and show off their partnership) also Max is nervous and doesn’t have the popularity as some of the other celebs and now Shirley going to be nasty to her for no reason.
I sometimes don’t know how she does it but somehow she’s still smiling. Thankfully she’s not that active on twitter where the majority of the treats have been. But I think the abuse she got last year was what drove her away.

I genuinely thought after last year they’d pair with someone who’s at least popular.

I do think they assume that she’ll get votes regardless because of her relationship but I don’t think that should be an assumption.

Shirley is out of order on many Occasions. The unnecessary jabs at her choreography (didn’t she do this with Dev last year or she laid into somebody’s choreo unnecessarily) and don’t get me started on her dribbling over the guys like she did with Kelvin.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I sometimes don’t know how she does it but somehow she’s still smiling. Thankfully she’s not that active on twitter where the majority of the treats have been. But I think the abuse she got last year was what drove her away.

I genuinely thought after last year they’d pair with someone who’s at least popular.

I do think they assume that she’ll get votes regardless because of her relationship but I don’t think that should be an assumption.

Shirley is out of order on many Occasions. The unnecessary jabs at her choreography (didn’t she do this with Dev last year or she laid into somebody’s choreo unnecessarily) and don’t get me started on her dribbling over the guys like she did with Kelvin.
Last year for the cha cha she implied Dev didn't look prepared and insinuated Dianne hasn't trained him hard enough. She's properly bitter to her and totally hypercritical considering she was up Neil's arse last year for doing the same thing.

Weirdly I think this unnecessarily attack (just because Dianne got Joe and she didn't) and the coverage in the paper's of Dianne's trolling hell might actually help her now. I think the paper's will now be too scared to push any curse rumours in case it inflamed this psycho troll and people will be now supporting Dianne more because of everything she's gone through. But just watch Shirley gun for Dianne all series.

Joe must be feeling a bit uncomfortable now seeing that the press have identified its one of his fans and yet he's still staying silent and not saying anything about leaving his girlfriend alone. If that's my partner, he'd be out of the door.

Loved Clara, more than the judges did I think. Liked Nicola, Maisie and Bill.
Hrvy is obviously a talent but think it's a waste doing a jive in week one..

Reactions: 3
Loved Clara, more than the judges did I think. Liked Nicola, Maisie and Bill.
Hrvy is obviously a talent but think it's a waste doing a jive in week one..
I think HRVY was massively let down by Janette. If you look at Jay's jive in week 3 which is only a couple of weeks on and you look at the actual content included its like night and day. Janette kept it too simple and made a lot about her dancing around him. He obviously is very good but that routine was wasted on him. Gorka had the same ability of partner and his routine was brilliantly choreographed. It annoys me they keep wasting good dancers on a teacher who's proved she's not good enough.

Also if he wants to win, HRVY needs to just slightly tone down the whole I don't know about dancing and general desperation to win. His dancing is good enough without him putting on another Joe Sugg routine

Reactions: 2
Hello. Can I plonk myself down in here in readiness for this evening? I don't know why I didn't think to look for a Strictly thread before now.

Here are my Strictly hills I will die on:

I love Oti. She can do no wrong in my eyes and I DO NOT CARE that she is everywhere. She is delightful and makes me smile.
Craig is the best judge.
Anton is phoning it all in and I have no idea why he's still in the show. It's disappointing because it means the older women contestants who get partnered with him just have no chance of really learning anything, while he's so busy doing his Anton thing to camera.
I want to be best friends with Claudia and still miss her on ITT.
Ian Waite is a delight. I bought my sister a dance lesson with him for her 30th birthday and he was simply lovely to both of us and carried on chatting about SCD well past the time the lesson was due to finish.
I will always miss Natalie Lowe and would love, love, love her to be a judge.

I thank you for coming to my Strictly TED talk.

This series:
Nah, HRVY isn't ok. I mean, let's start with HRVY as a name, but more crucially he's got hidden hunger for victory barely under the skin. Couldn't deal with him at all.
Normally I like watching a ringer, sorry, but it's true, but I feel Maisie is going to grate on me.
I kinda expected Bill Bailey to have rhythm, but was surprised by how light on his feet he was. Looking forward to watching him.
My pre proper dancing favs are him, Nicola and Clara. I have a very soft spot for how smiley and happy Aljaz is at all times too.

Hah. Soz for length, my partner does not do Strictly and I need people to talk to about it, with necessary seriousness and thoroughness!
Me when I see a comrade from another thread

And I agree with everything you say, except I find Maisie more unbearable than HRVY. So far.

• Heart
  • Haha
I feel like the judges have to praise this partnership due to backlash from some people
I agree!!
Certainly not a bad first dance for Nicola.

However, some of the footwork felt sloppy, needed to be sharper. Some of the holds looked a bit limp when moving quickly across the floor. But a fair amount of content, interesting dynamic between the pair. They could go a long way.

I just don't know whether I actually like Nicola. I've always found her a bit wooden/bland personality wise in interviews etc.
Katya is good at choreographing rountines with a lot of content and that push her partners!
I didn’t think her dance was all that, she didn’t have the personality and performance side of things so tbh I found it boring. I think she will escape much critique because of the partnership tbh.

Reactions: 6
Other thing I meant to say is I found Caroline really awkward to watch when not dancing! Is she a luvvie or am I being harsh?

Other thing I meant to say is I found Caroline really awkward to watch when not dancing! Is she a luvvie or am I being harsh?

Really like Caroline but hoping she drops the simpering.

Maisie is good but she'll be a "non-winner" as the voting public won't like her being too good (Ashley Roberts/Alexandra Burke ish).

Reactions: 8
Last year for the cha cha she implied Dev didn't look prepared and insinuated Dianne hasn't trained him hard enough. She's properly bitter to her and totally hypercritical considering she was up Neil's arse last year for doing the same thing.

Weirdly I think this unnecessarily attack (just because Dianne got Joe and she didn't) and the coverage in the paper's of Dianne's trolling hell might actually help her now. I think the paper's will now be too scared to push any curse rumours in case it inflamed this psycho troll and people will be now supporting Dianne more because of everything she's gone through. But just watch Shirley gun for Dianne all series.

Joe must be feeling a bit uncomfortable now seeing that the press have identified its one of his fans and yet he's still staying silent and not saying anything about leaving his girlfriend alone. If that's my partner, he'd be out of the door.
Personally I think he’s doing the correct thing by staying publicly silent and probably has been instructed to by his own legal and management teams. This isn’t a new thing but it’s never crossed a line like it has done this week so now a threat has been made action can probably be taken.
Publicly saying stuff acknowledges them and gives them the attention they clearly crave. Nobody engages with them on twitter. Just screenshot the worst of it and report them.

I think one of shirleys issues with Dianne might be she was on a different comp circuit to a lot of the others (Neil /Katya/Amy etc) she’s known of them for years (some since childhood). Some of the others have been there too long so I think Dianne gets the short end of it.

I didn't think HRVY's jive was more lacking in content than some of the other dances (it didn't have a random disco or hip hop section for a start, looking at Karen, Aljaž and Luba).

I thought there were a lot of recognisable jive steps — pat-a-cakes, drunken sailors, simple spins, turning kick ball changes, kick ball change passing chassé, and a kick section off the top of my head. And it is week one, I'm not expecting a routine you'd see at the amateur finals of the British Closed!

What did worry me a bit was that Janette seemed to be dancing pretty all out, not toning her dancing down for him. I'm a bit concerned there might be a big contrast between their ballroom and Latin.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I don't like Jeanette, she isn't a good teacher and makes it all about her.

I think Nadiya would've been better for Jason than Luba. I think Luba's choreography will let them down. I remember her dance with James Crackbell last year had poor choreography, even tho he wasn't a great dancer anyway.

Shirley is a bad judge (for Strictly.) too biased and technical

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Katya looked a bit manic next to Nicola, who I thought had a nice relaxed look when she was dancing. It was a bit sloppy, but I thought it was a nice routine, and she danced it reasonably well.

The issue I'm foreseeing is Katya majorly out-dancing her in side-by-side Latin, but we'll see. I'll just don't think Nicola has the body type or personality to dance in the same way Katya does — she seems far more laid back, and I think they'll have to work with that, otherwise she's going to look slow in comparison to Katya.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I have to admit I'm not that fond of Shirley. Maybe its just me but I do think she tends to highlight issues with female dancers but will simper over male dancers.

I got into my one and only argument on another website cos I complained about her attitude towards Emma last year. Somebody came back to me to tell me i was sexist and didn't know what I was talking about!!! They were quite sarky - telling me about Shirley's vast qualifications and experience!!!

I thought I've no doubt she's highly qualified and experienced but that doesn't stop her being bitchy. And her fawning over Kelvin was embarrassing 🙄🙄🙄

Am I the only one massively disappointed with Motsi as a judge? I was really excited when she was announced but she offers no technical critique at all and reacts like she's a performer but not got any dancing qualifications. She doesn't say anything to help them develop and isn't adding anything.

He gets a lot of criticism but at least Craig comments on thing's the celebs should focus on to make them technically better. Shirley's constant criticism of the female pros choreography is out of order and should be something she says off screen. All it does it help to undermine the celebs relationship with their teacher.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.