Strictly Come Dancing 2020 #6 The Aftermath

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m fairness to Janette she’s using cameo to raise money for charity. The dance lessons are £7 a time which is roughly the same as classes generally. Whilst is only on zoom you’d pay far more for an in person master class.

Reactions: 3
I’m fairness to Janette she’s using cameo to raise money for charity. The dance lessons are £7 a time which is roughly the same as classes generally. Whilst is only on zoom you’d pay far more for an in person master class.
I wasn’t posting it to moan, I think it’s absolutely fair that they need to make money and pay their bills. Cameo, dance classes, whatever they need to do. We all have to do something to be paid! Just more a sad observation and a hope that professionals and the crews they work with can get through this and we still have a theatre/concert culture when it’s all done!

Reactions: 2
You’d imagine all the pro dancers will jump at the opportunity to do Strictly again if contracts are offered to them all for this year with things being so uncertain. The only changes I could see are more of them (the backing ones becoming main pros) maybe Anton becoming a judge or possibly Karen/Janette leaving for personal reasons but I’d say unlikely this year

You’d imagine all the pro dancers will jump at the opportunity to do Strictly again if contracts are offered to them all for this year with things being so uncertain. The only changes I could see are more of them (the backing ones becoming main pros) maybe Anton becoming a judge or possibly Karen/Janette leaving for personal reasons but I’d say unlikely this year
Contracts appear to be signed already but I think that there are a few who are mostly signing on for a safe paycheck. Karen is probably going to do one more year (therefore equalling Ola & Erin's 10 series) but will likely call it a day after this one. Janette is 50/50 - I think her work is done having made the final but may do one more year just for the paycheck.

Everyone else I expect to see back though some probably will be benched again, I still don't see them giving Graziano a partner and not 100% sure on Nadiya, Luba, Nancy or Neil either. We'll at least see some new blood on the male side thankfully and hopefully we can get some new female pros in 2022.

Anton being a judge seems likely - I just can't see the BBC sending Bruno back and forth to DWTS even if safe in September. Apparently those Zoom calls were because he had already signed a contract pre COVID and couldn't do nothing. I see no reason for Bruno to return now that his 2020 contract is up. And Motsi has kinda taken over the role of the 'loud' judge so they don't really need Bruno any more.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I hope Graziano dosen’t get a partner. He was so awful with Vick Hope a few years back.

I don’t know enough about Luba or Nadiya honestly even though they seem nice neither have gone far. Same obviously with Nancy but she has been talked up a lot by other pros. Not sure on Neil either.

I do hope they have more celebs than they had in 2020 though. I felt the show went very quick and I didn’t really get too attached to any of them. I really liked the 2018 cast, good dancers and some seemed like really nice people with some scandal thrown in too.

Reactions: 1
I hope Graziano dosen’t get a partner. He was so awful with Vick Hope a few years back.

I don’t know enough about Luba or Nadiya honestly even though they seem nice neither have gone far. Same obviously with Nancy but she has been talked up a lot by other pros. Not sure on Neil either.

I do hope they have more celebs than they had in 2020 though. I felt the show went very quick and I didn’t really get too attached to any of them. I really liked the 2018 cast, good dancers and some seemed like really nice people with some scandal thrown in too.
Agree on Graziano. My issue isn't his choreo but that his ballroom was shocking for a pro, beginner level and it's not like he's done much to improve it since then. Luba is one I'm very skeptical about as her choreo for Jason was just no good and I'm not sure I'd trust her with a contender so after two early boots, might be one for the bench.

I suppose I wouldn't be opposed to Neil, Nancy & Nadiya getting partners again but could take or leave all of them.

Agree that we need more celebs - at least 14. As long as there's no non celebs (like in 2019), a cast of varied abilities, ages, personalities and backgrounds would be grand in my book.

I watched Vernon Kay mop his kitchen floor yesterday. Shaking his booty made me realize how much I’d love to see him on Strictly 😍. Yes Tess presents, but Motsi judges and Oti competes ..... I think he should get a pass

• Heart
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Just seen that caroline is claiming people were angry because Johannes is black! I am actually furious I didn't see anyone say or imply anything to do with race it was gross because you do not lick someone your are not intimately acquainted with and you especially do not do it in a professional setting on national tv during a pandemic.

Reactions: 8
Caroline needs to piss offfff she got voted off because she was unbearable and not that good at dancing

Reactions: 8
I'm surprised that Johannes has appeared to have kept in touch with her - if I was in his position, her number would have been deleted months ago.

Karen only recently said last year she'd do 5-8 more if they brought her back and her body allowed it, so really she's done at 45 no matter what.

Karen only recently said last year she'd do 5-8 more if they brought her back and her body allowed it, so really she's done at 45 no matter what.
I hope that doesn't happen. Nothing against Karen and she is great at bringing out her partners personalities but don't think she really brings enough to the table to justify that many more series (not singling her out in particular, a lot of pros have an expiry date of 8-10 series), I'd give her one last roll of the dice this year and then let someone new have the chance in her place.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.