• Clara and Aljaz

Votes: 140 21.7%
  • Ranvir and Giovanni

Votes: 96 14.9%
  • Caroline and Johannes

Votes: 7 1.1%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ll hold my hands up and admit that last week on this site I admitted to liking Caroline. I was a huge Men Behaving Badly fan and think I was getting Dorothy and Caroline mixed up tbh. Because my eyes have been opened. The way she pushed Johannes, it was quite a shove!!!!! I’m so sad for him, he looks so miserable. I’m torn between wanting him to do well and wanting her to get her comeuppance for being such a diva pushing luvvie witch!

And now we can solve the mystery of who the hell is actually voting for Caroline except Sam Farmer
Martin Clunes

• Haha
Reactions: 23
What do you guys think, is there any merit to the feeling that the Judges are told to favour BBC employees? I’ve seen it mentioned a lot on various platforms over the years and just wondered what you thought.

I do think that Ore and Stacey were not the obvious winners in their years, and I guess the same could be said for Joe McFadden. I think this sticks in people’s minds and could be contributing to the lack of voting for Maisie too

Reactions: 7
What do you guys think, is there any merit to the feeling that the Judges are told to favour BBC employees? I’ve seen it mentioned a lot on various platforms over the years and just wondered what you thought.

I do think that Ore and Stacey were not the obvious winners in their years, and I guess the same could be said for Joe McFadden. I think this sticks in people’s minds and could be contributing to the lack of voting for Maisie too
I don't necessarily think it's all BBC employees, but ithink they deliberately book people who already work for the bbc who they see as rising star presenters to raise their profile - Ore, Stacey, Alex last year and Clara this year. There's maybe not overt manipulation, but they do want them to stick around for as long as possible - I think Clara's overly harsh critique in the first few weeks was an attempt to build her up for a breakthrough, but fair play, her Charleston was fantastic

I don't think this worked quite so well with Alex last year - she was the bookies favourite going into the competition, but was never an amazing dancer so her 'breakthroughs' always did feel a bit 🤔 to me. And she was helped quite a lot by all the injury drama too

Not that it mattered, because she's a good presenter who would have done well even without Strictly

Reactions: 11
Someone said on the last thread that Shirley just prefers a journey contestant but I really don’t think she does. She only saved Molly over Aston because she was partnered with AJ, who was her favourite along with Kevin from Grimsby. If I remember right she was quite horrible to Victoria a couple of years back - she had no previous experience but was stunning. She’s clearly jealous of younger more beautiful women and lets her personal feelings towards the pros affect her judging as well. She’s awful!

Reactions: 14
There could be quite a lot of truth in this. The longer the BBC personalities stay in the competition the better it is for their new rising star. Even though Alex didn’t win it certainly gave her a great big push into the limelight, the same with Stacey who became a more recognizable face. Clara will do very well out of it the longer she stays.

Reactions: 9
I said this on the last thread but I think the bbc golden child favouritism was so obvious with Ore and Stacey, who were also both paired with a Clifton pro who they also pushed! Danny Mac should have won!!!
Alex and Chris Ramsey have both done well since Strictly last year but I don’t think either were particularly favoured on the show.
The scoring this week was a total shambles. Hrvy didn’t deserve a 10. To be fair I don’t think anyone really did. Bill was fab but out of time with Oti a couple of times and Clara’s Charleston was really good but nowhere near the standard of say Caroline Flack.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Also don't forget how Joe sugg is now the poster child for the bbc. The only reason he doesn't do any presenting anymore is because he knows he's awful at it. I think she said max because not only would it knock maisie a bit but she also knew she'd get less abuse from the Joanne minions. I really like Dianne but some of the behaviour of her fans is deranged and definitely must hinder her a lot.

Reactions: 6
I never liked Shirley as soon as she came on Strictly. To me and I have said this in previous thread.
Shirley seems to think these celebrities are going to have a career in dancing. Can I just say only two celebrities have carried on dancing after.
Joe sugg I know cause of Dianne but he loves dancing.
Ali Bastian went on tour with burn the dancefloor.
So that's two out of what 100 celebrities.
She really gets on my wick.
Starting to wonder if Darcy left cause of her.

Reactions: 12
I never liked Shirley as soon as she came on Strictly. To me and I have said this in previous thread.
Shirley seems to think these celebrities are going to have a career in dancing. Can I just say only two celebrities have carried on dancing after.
Joe sugg I know cause of Dianne but he loves dancing.
Ali Bastian went on tour with burn the dancefloor.
So that's two out of what 100 celebrities.
She really gets on my wick.
Starting to wonder if Darcy left cause of her.
I did also wonder if Darcy left for the same reasons. Miss her she was a very good judge.

Reactions: 9
I understand people voting for Johannes as he is lovely but I truly think it would be an act of mercy for him if he didn’t have to spend another long week rehearsing with that thing.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I understand people voting for Johannes as he is lovely but I truly think it would be an act of mercy for him if he didn’t have to spend another long week rehearsing with that thing.
Johannes needs saving ASAP. He is hating every moment.

Amy's reaction was ridiculous last night

Reactions: 23
When did Caroline shove Johannes?
Anton made a comment along the lines of “I’d trade places with Johannes in an instant” (can’t remember exactly) but it was to do with her being good at ballroom dancing and she shoved Johannes out the frame.

I did wonder if it was a rehearsed bit purely because there was a lot of force but I’m not 100% sure!!

Reactions: 8
Johannes needs saving ASAP. He is hating every moment.

Amy's reaction was ridiculous last night
Better watch ITT closely when he's on. Poor Johannes will probably be trying to communicate via morse code with blinks, in order to be saved from Caroline, she seems like a right nightmare to work with.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Johannes, wear green next time you’re on tv if you are in trouble! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I'm obviously seeing something different. I don't think Caroline's really got over her stage fright and she's scared of looking silly so won't let herself go. She's sticking to being neat and controlled and balletic, because she knows she can do it.

I think it probably is difficult for Johannes because it's frustrating when somebody says they're trying but they're blocking themselves.

I just hope next week with a cha cha she lets loose — even if it's a bit messy, if she actually looks like she's enjoying it it would be an improvement, and would probably make training easier too if she's flinging herself into it.

Or she won't be very good at it and goes out. I don't mind which too much!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.