Strictly Come Dancing 2019

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apparently saffron barker is doing it this year 🙄

Will we get another YouTuber in the line up this year?
I really hope the saffron rumours aren’t true, not just because she is an awful person but I don’t think I can deal with another year of crazy stans

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Apparently saffron barker is doing it this year 🙄

I really hope the saffron rumours aren’t true, not just because she is an awful person but I don’t think I can deal with another year of crazy stans
Sadly, for as long as Strictly continues with its crazed voting system, I think you have to accept that another Youtuber is almost inevitable. Craig Russell Horwood is on record as saying that he likes the fact they bring a younger audience with them. :eek::eek:

It seems almost de rigueur that a Celeb brings an audience with them, otherwise they are unlikely to survive, unless their Pro Dancer has a healthy online following. Post-Sugg, it cannot be an accident that some of the Pros have upped their online presence - cynically, you might almost say that it has to be part of their dancing armoury. Plus, it brings them influencer benefits 😮😮😮

And who will be the fourth Judge? :unsure: Male or female? Is Anton destined to be always the bridemaid, cursed by the God of Crap Dancers?

Reactions: 2
Saffron would be one of the worst possible choices for YouTuber to be on the show this year. I’m praying it’s not true. I would even rather Alfie Deyes be on the show. At least his teeth would blend in with all the sequins and bright lights.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Sadly, for as long as Strictly continues with its crazed voting system, I think you have to accept that another Youtuber is almost inevitable. Craig Russell Horwood is on record as saying that he likes the fact they bring a younger audience with them. :eek::eek:

It seems almost de rigueur that a Celeb brings an audience with them, otherwise they are unlikely to survive, unless their Pro Dancer has a healthy online following. Post-Sugg, it cannot be an accident that some of the Pros have upped their online presence - cynically, you might almost say that it has to be part of their dancing armoury. Plus, it brings them influencer benefits 😮😮😮

And who will be the fourth Judge? :unsure: Male or female? Is Anton destined to be always the bridemaid, cursed by the God of Crap Dancers?
Yeah you are right about the fact that everyone brings a following, it just seems that social media stars bring an unbearable army 😂

I honestly have no idea who the new judge will be, I don’t think it will be any of the current pro dancers but it might be a previous pro?

Saffron would 100% be the worst YouTuber they could pick, the annoying thing is she would put on a sweet innocent act and the public would probably fall for it 😂 mind you, I remember the tabloids last year searching for the slightest thing that joe had done wrong in order to get him in bother, although I don’t like him I have to admit he’s never really done anything wrong or had a scandal. Saffron on the other hand...

Reactions: 5
Anyone heard any other rumours on who’s doing it this year ?
The only possibilities I have read about recently were James Cracknell; Scarlett Moffatt (who is leaving IACGMOOH) Huw Edrwards; Louis Theroux; Tim Lovejoy; Radzi Chinyanganya and maybe Andy Murray, though I don't see that if he intends to compete in the US Open.

AFAIK, Allan Carr and Chris Evans are not in this year.

Last edited:
I'd like to see Alfie, Mikey Pierce, Tom Syndicate and Josh Pieters in it, so they can make complete arses of themselves and counter each other's social media votes. Won't happen though. :(

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Alan Carr would be amazing! I doubt Andy Murray would do it as he is still recovering but would be good to see

Not sure about Oti’s sister being a judge. Going to be too easy if Oti is in bottom two, if she saves Oti call bias, or if it’s the other way, say she didn’t save Oti to stop the bias accusations.

But overall I don’t completely care. I don’t know anything about her, but if she is as full on as Oti, I think she might annoy me. I will miss the understated class of Darcey.

Reactions: 8
Not sure about Oti’s sister being a judge. Going to be too easy if Oti is in bottom two, if she saves Oti call bias, or if it’s the other way, say she didn’t save Oti to stop the bias accusations.

But overall I don’t completely care. I don’t know anything about her, but if she is as full on as Oti, I think she might annoy me. I will miss the understated class of Darcey.
She is brilliant honestly I think people will love her! Watched her judge on other shows and she is great, she was also a judge on the German strictly when oti was a pro and was completely professional and unbiased.

Reactions: 1
She is brilliant honestly I think people will love her! Watched her judge on other shows and she is great, she was also a judge on the German strictly when oti was a pro and was completely professional and unbiased.
I’m sure she will be an impartial judge it’s those knobs who are going to be saying shite like that. I haven’t seen her on anything else, haven’t seen German Strictly or anything so it will be a new experience for me.

Now the judges are accounced, I imagine it will be in the next week or two that celebs start getting announced for Strictly. Can’t wait.

I’m sure she will be an impartial judge it’s those knobs who are going to be saying shite like that. I haven’t seen her on anything else, haven’t seen German Strictly or anything so it will be a new experience for me.

Now the judges are accounced, I imagine it will be in the next week or two that celebs start getting announced for Strictly. Can’t wait.
Yeah that’s true! At the end of the day most people watching will realise very quickly that she is a brilliant judge and personality, but almost every judge and pro that’s been on strictly has been criticised at some point so if people still want to moan about her then that’s their problem 😂

I hope so! Can’t believe how quickly it’s come around, doesn’t feel like that long ago we were waiting for last years celebs!
I honestly though last year was one of the best Strictlys ever, so this year has a lot to live up to! Mind you, I say that every year and the next season always ends up being incredible!

its less about the dancing these days which saddens me. my dad (still a dance teacher with his own dance school) is 76 and still teaching, he was involved with the original making of the show. he won't watch it anymore as its more about the showmanship and lesser and lesser about the technique

as for the token youtuber going on the show......sarah ingham?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
its less about the dancing these days which saddens me. my dad (still a dance teacher with his own dance school) is 76 and still teaching, he was involved with the original making of the show. he won't watch it anymore as its more about the showmanship and lesser and lesser about the technique

as for the token youtuber going on the show......sarah ingham?
That’s really sad! I do agree to an extent, a lot of it nowadays is about putting on a show etc but I think they do still focus on technique.

I doubt they would have her on it after all the accusations towards her husband. With strictly being a family show I think they would be stupid to have her on,

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.