Strictly Come Dancing 2019

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That’s really sad! I do agree to an extent, a lot of it nowadays is about putting on a show etc but I think they do still focus on technique.

I doubt they would have her on it after all the accusations towards her husband. With strictly being a family show I think they would be stupid to have her on,
Hahahaha Sarah Ingham wouldn’t go on strictly anyway. That would mean dragging her arse off the sofa and also look how little time joe had for vlogging which she wouldn’t do as she’s desperate to keep the money coming in.

Plus as mentioned the bbc would not touch a family with the articles flying around that they have

• Haha
Reactions: 4
lol don't be so sure the about the bbc!! and don't write off sarah ingham just yet either.......stranger things have happened

I still think if they go for another YouTuber it’s going to be saffron barker, but she is only 18 so not sure if they would class her as being too young

Reactions: 2
I still think if they go for another YouTuber it’s going to be saffron barker, but she is only 18 so not sure if they would class her as being too young
Claudia Fragapane was only 18 when she competed, dancing with AJ Pritchard, and Louisa Lytton was only 17 when she competed, she was the youngest ever. Don’t think they tend to go for the youngest celebs, but it isn’t impossible. But I am hoping Saffron isn’t signed up, she would probably end up being paired with AJ based on height and that would be awful. Because it means I wouldn’t be able to support AJ because I can’t stand Saffron.

Claudia Fragapane was only 18 when she competed, dancing with AJ Pritchard, and Louisa Lytton was only 17 when she competed, she was the youngest ever. Don’t think they tend to go for the youngest celebs, but it isn’t impossible. But I am hoping Saffron isn’t signed up, she would probably end up being paired with AJ based on height and that would be awful. Because it means I wouldn’t be able to support AJ because I can’t stand Saffron.
I completely forgot Claudia was that young when she was on the show, I think it’s because she acted with maturity unlike saffron ever would. Yeah she would probably end up being paired with aj, not just based on height but because the producers know they would both attract loads of teenagers to watch the show.
Also I can’t believe Louisa was only 17 that’s crazy! I would have thought you would need to be at least 18 to take part.

I completely forgot Claudia was that young when she was on the show, I think it’s because she acted with maturity unlike saffron ever would. Yeah she would probably end up being paired with aj, not just based on height but because the producers know they would both attract loads of teenagers to watch the show.
Also I can’t believe Louisa was only 17 that’s crazy! I would have thought you would need to be at least 18 to take part.
Claudia was amazing. I was so gutted we never got to see her do a Showdance in the Final, because with her gymnastics background, that could’ve been an epic Showdance. But, alas, it was not meant to be. ☹☹

Reactions: 3
Claudia was amazing. I was so gutted we never got to see her do a Showdance in the Final, because with her gymnastics background, that could’ve been an epic Showdance. But, alas, it was not meant to be. ☹☹
Wasn’t she! I think she should have been in the final over Louise tbh.

Same, I found Louise to be extremely bland and boring. But obviously she was dancing with Kevin so she was always gonna go further.
Yeah she was alright but nothing special to watch. I still don’t understand how Danny didn’t win that series

Yeah she was alright but nothing special to watch. I still don’t understand how Danny didn’t win that series
Danny had a dance background. And I agree he was a very good dancer.

I apologise for banging on about this, but the Strictly voting system is not fir for purpose. There surely comes a point when candidates with dancing backgrounds will refuse to enter? Who wantsw tyo bne good as Ashley Roberts and be humiliated week after week by ignorami?

I think the way round it is split the Celebs into 2 groups: the amateurs and those with dance training. The latter need only be 4 in number. Each week up to Blackpool, the public get to vote for both sections, but their votes for the 4 dance trained is indicative only and sp would be the Judges votes.

At Blackpool and the Semis, one of the 4 with dance training gets eliminated on Judges votes only.

The amateurs continue as now, with the crazed social media votes.

In the Finals, there would be one Glitterball for one of the 2 with dance training only awarded by the Judges; and one Glitterball to be fought over by the Amateurs in the usual crazy way.

Danny had a dance background. And I agree he was a very good dancer.

I apologise for banging on about this, but the Strictly voting system is not fir for purpose. There surely comes a point when candidates with dancing backgrounds will refuse to enter? Who wantsw tyo bne good as Ashley Roberts and be humiliated week after week by ignorami?

I think the way round it is split the Celebs into 2 groups: the amateurs and those with dance training. The latter need only be 4 in number. Each week up to Blackpool, the public get to vote for both sections, but their votes for the 4 dance trained is indicative only and sp would be the Judges votes.

At Blackpool and the Semis, one of the 4 with dance training gets eliminated on Judges votes only.

The amateurs continue as now, with the crazed social media votes.

In the Finals, there would be one Glitterball for one of the 2 with dance training only awarded by the Judges; and one Glitterball to be fought over by the Amateurs in the usual crazy way.
Too complicated really. Strictly ultimately is an entertainment show, and the current format is entertaining for 10million, even with its flaws around voting.

Celebs will keep signing up, because Strictly is the most respected celebrity show on British TV because it actually requires effort, also can open doors for the celebs and really raise their profiles. Celebs like the attention, there will always be people signing up, even those with dance experience.

I’ve recently seen quite a lot of comments on social media and YouTube saying that Dianne is the “queen of the strictly pro’s and I had to laugh. Genuine question, does anyone think she is the best pro or is this just minions talking?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I’ve recently seen quite a lot of comments on social media and YouTube saying that Dianne is the “queen of the strictly pro’s and I had to laugh. Genuine question, does anyone think she is the best pro or is this just minions talking?

Queen of the Pros. Oh, that’s funny.

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Queen of the Pros. Oh, that’s funny.
Right 😂 one of the comments said “I’m angry that Dianne the queen of the pro’s is not always at the front where she should be”

I was literally like 😑😑 she is no where near as good as the majority of the pro’s

I’m honestly dreading this series because I already know there’s going to be constant moaning if Dianne doesn’t do well etc

Reactions: 1
Right 😂 one of the comments said “I’m angry that Dianne the queen of the pro’s is not always at the front where she should be”

I was literally like 😑😑 she is no where near as good as the majority of the pro’s

I’m honestly dreading this series because I already know there’s going to be constant moaning if Dianne doesn’t do well etc
How can she not do well - whatever 'well' means :D? She has the Joanne vote in her handbag. That is without whatever her Celeb has by way of dancing ability, or an online following. The only way the producer can neutralise her is to giver DB a Celeb with a dancing background, so that she (with her Celeb partner) suffers the wicked fate of 'Ashley Roberts/Alexandra Burke/Debbie McGhie/Louise Redknapp/Faye Tozer etc. This will almost certainly occur yet again, especially if it is true that Celeb like Anneke Rice is entering, or if some dark horse like Ulrika-ka-ka-ka emerges.

Too complicated really. Strictly ultimately is an entertainment show, and the current format is entertaining for 10million, even with its flaws around voting.
By all means put forward your own system for consideration, but please don't tell me the Sugg-corrupted vote system works. :) It is a pound to a penny that the production team had to fix corrupted the semis and the finals vote. They won't publish the voting figures. Why not?

Celebs will keep signing up, because Strictly is the most respected celebrity show on British TV because it actually requires effort, also can open doors for the celebs and really raise their profiles. Celebs like the attention, there will always be people signing up, even those with dance experience.
I am afraid we must agree to disagree.

I can see failing Celebs might see this show as a way of career rejuvenation, but only if they come out relatively unscathed. I don't think it did anything for Will Young or Danny John-Jules. Equally, with backlashes from the MSM, I somehow doubt if it has helped Seann Walsh. Louise Redknapp. Stscey Dooley or Ben Cohen

Last edited:
Anyone know who the previous strictly star is that made the recent leaked sex tape?

We should start finding out in next week or so!
Apparently honey from eastenders is in,
Also I tho someone like a bbc news or weather person will be in there - they normally are!
I think following on from how popular 😴 joe sugg was they will look for another YouTube / instagram person!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.