Stitch Fix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone used stitch fix before?

I like the idea of it but unsure the types of things they actually send? How much do most of the items cost on average?

Debating whether to give it a go!

It just looks like another con subscription-style services to me. I couldn't imagine anything worse than a company picking which clothes to send me!

Reactions: 1
It just looks like another con subscription-style services to me. I couldn't imagine anything worse than a company picking which clothes to send me!
I’d personally be happy to try out clothes someone else has picked out for me, providing that they are close to the things I had said that I liked on the website. Not sure if this is the case with them?

Just bored of online shopping and can’t stand walking round shops masked up at the minute 😂

It was recommended to me by a friend when I moaned to her that I have no clothes that fit me due to some weight changes, and it was mid-pandemic and I hate shopping in person anyway - I'm always in between sizes now and find changing rooms stressful!

Anyway, it has been really successful for me. I explained in detail my situation likes/dislikes to my stylist and how I'm basically exclusively a T shirt and Jeans girl, the odd dress to go out, but would like to be a bit more adventurous. Parts of body I am self conscious of etc. They sent me some nice tops with prints I'd never have chosen myself and a couple of pairs of trousers I'd not pick as I only look at jeans! And box I got last week was a pair of black smart trousers, as I specifically said I needed these. And 2 jumpers which I kept.

If you enjoy shopping it's probably not for you, and if you're someone with a defined style you might find that they don't get it right. But I'd recommend it for people like me who don't want to shop and would like someone to style them! It gets really mixed reviews, people say they get sent frumpy/old clothes which I've not had at all, I'm 31 and it's all been about right - Although maybe a bit more "grown up" than I am used to. I think you need to be specific in what you tell them and give them lots of information. It probably varies between stylists too - I've kept my same stylist the whole way through as she's clearly a good one! You can change if you like.

It can be expensive, I ticked the boxes for cheapest price range for all of it and they have mostly been within that, although recent box took the piss with prices a bit I think and I said in my feedback too pricey. They do have their own brands which they send you as well as other brands - Some people don't like this but I have liked all the stuff they've sent from their Mauvette brand.

Overall very positive experience for me - I really look forward to my monthly box especially right now when things are a bit depressing! :)

Reactions: 2
It was recommended to me by a friend when I moaned to her that I have no clothes that fit me due to some weight changes, and it was mid-pandemic and I hate shopping in person anyway - I'm always in between sizes now and find changing rooms stressful!

Anyway, it has been really successful for me. I explained in detail my situation likes/dislikes to my stylist and how I'm basically exclusively a T shirt and Jeans girl, the odd dress to go out, but would like to be a bit more adventurous. Parts of body I am self conscious of etc. They sent me some nice tops with prints I'd never have chosen myself and a couple of pairs of trousers I'd not pick as I only look at jeans! And box I got last week was a pair of black smart trousers, as I specifically said I needed these. And 2 jumpers which I kept.

If you enjoy shopping it's probably not for you, and if you're someone with a defined style you might find that they don't get it right. But I'd recommend it for people like me who don't want to shop and would like someone to style them! It gets really mixed reviews, people say they get sent frumpy/old clothes which I've not had at all, I'm 31 and it's all been about right - Although maybe a bit more "grown up" than I am used to. I think you need to be specific in what you tell them and give them lots of information. It probably varies between stylists too - I've kept my same stylist the whole way through as she's clearly a good one! You can change if you like.

It can be expensive, I ticked the boxes for cheapest price range for all of it and they have mostly been within that, although recent box took the piss with prices a bit I think and I said in my feedback too pricey. They do have their own brands which they send you as well as other brands - Some people don't like this but I have liked all the stuff they've sent from their Mauvette brand.

Overall very positive experience for me - I really look forward to my monthly box especially right now when things are a bit depressing! :)
Interesting!

Good to have the hint to be specific on what you want. I do think it seems pretty expensive just from looking at the categories of prices but if they’re good quality items I wouldn’t mind so much.

I am only in my 20s so a bit concerned about things being “older” but maybe if I pointed it out then maybe it would be okay. Plus, the likes of jumpers are pretty standard across most ages.

I might have to have a look on YouTube and watch a few unboxings so I can get more of an idea on what to expect.

Not advice sorry but they advertised this on shagged married annoyed podcast this week, I think there may have been a discount code involved if you did want to go down this route ☺

Interesting!

Good to have the hint to be specific on what you want. I do think it seems pretty expensive just from looking at the categories of prices but if they’re good quality items I wouldn’t mind so much.

I am only in my 20s so a bit concerned about things being “older” but maybe if I pointed it out then maybe it would be okay. Plus, the likes of jumpers are pretty standard across most ages.

I might have to have a look on YouTube and watch a few unboxings so I can get more of an idea on what to expect.
Definitely good to be specific, yeah you could even say that to them and they would hopefully take note. My first thought was too expensive also (even the lowest categories were more than I'd spend usually) but I am generally very stingy when it comes to spending money on myself and my husband encouraged me to treat myself which is why I did go ahead with it. The clothes are definitely better quality than I would buy myself usually.

My boxes usually come to about £130-£150 if I was to keep all 5 items - Luckily I haven't wanted to! I try and see it as buying one nice item a month or so - So usually between £30-£50.

I loved the first box. My items were more on the expensive side but you can set a budget. After that the next couple of boxes were tit so I cancelled it. IMO it can be really hit and miss. One box only had 6 jumpers in it and nothing else because I mentioned I would like a jumper. This despite me telling them I would like complete outfits. Also all the clothing you get you are buying full price from them despite it being reduced on the brands website. Saying that I guess you get the stylist experience but you can get that from John Lewis or a good shop assistant

I thought I'd update as I was raving about it before, well my box this month was not me at all :ROFLMAO: It had a nice green jumper in it, which is the third dark green jumper they have sent me (the last two I kept as they were different enough styles and I love green) but there are only so many green jumpers you need.

Two pairs of trousers which were really cropped and just not something I'd wear as it's getting cold (maybe I'm just not fashionable?) and lastly a blazer, which I had put down as something I'd like to try, but it was £120! That is waaay out my price range. I've found a nice one in Next for £45.

I thought I'd update as I was raving about it before, well my box this month was not me at all :ROFLMAO: It had a nice green jumper in it, which is the third dark green jumper they have sent me (the last two I kept as they were different enough styles and I love green) but there are only so many green jumpers you need.

Two pairs of trousers which were really cropped and just not something I'd wear as it's getting cold (maybe I'm just not fashionable?) and lastly a blazer, which I had put down as something I'd like to try, but it was £120! That is waaay out my price range. I've found a nice one in Next for £45.
I decided against it in the end! Thought it just seemed a bit pricey after watching some YouTube unboxings😂 I also went to primark for the first time in foreverrrr and found so many nice autumn bits in there that were pretty cheap. I’ve never been a primark fan (just don’t have the patience!!) but they’ve upped their game. I think I could find similar to the bits stitch fix send for cheaper elsewhere. I do like the idea of it changing up my style but the price is just a bit 😬😬

I got my first box last week - there was one thing I liked and fit well but £245? No thankyou...and to think I picked the budget boxes too.

I think it's great to try things you wouldn't normally try but some of the prices are just outrageous. I think if I find something I like from them, I will try to source it myself online for cheaper 😅
You can 100% source it cheaper. They are selling previous season stuff at full price, when I say previous season I mean say spring items in winter etc