Steve’s vlogs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Rachel works less than full-time and Steve stays home. There must be tax advantages to them not being married as they appear to be able to spend quite a lot on frivolous crap vrs 2 married parents that are both working full-time. I think he also collects a benefit claim for anxiety.. There never seems to be a concern about food budgeting and they have all the apple devices, phones and game consoles,TV's and sky....

Reactions: 6
The routine never lasts long when “there’s going to be changes”! They need to get Chloe into a better routine for starting school, she pretty much sleeps until midday. She’s going to seriously struggle getting up and it’s not fair on her. It seems her bedtime is basically being sent to her room then she does what she’s wants until whenever she wants and leaves the light on etc. No wonder she’s up so late. In a vlog a few days ago Steve asked her what time she went to sleep, surely the parents should make sure she’s asleep.

Reactions: 5
I do need to stop watching them the lack of motivation drives me insane, I just wish they’d get out the house and take some exercise especially when he keeps going on how they’re not up to much that day and the kids are bored.Now unless in hot tub they just seem to be slumped on settee with phones and wires draped everywhere.

Yes I don’t get leaving a 4yr old to their own devices when they’ve been taken to bed, tv blaring lights on, getting up gone 11 in the morning having breakfast at 12, I think he just leaves them in bed just to get some peace!?

Reactions: 4
Even before the pandemic it was rare to see the kids take exercise.Sophie seems to have a had a few friends to socialize with but the twins seem like "Billy no mates".I know Lacey has difficulties with socializing..She can't help that.But Liam could be out kicking a ball or riding bikes with pals.He spends all his time in that bedroom on devices.That certainly can't be good for him at all...I also find it bizarre that Steve needs Liam's permission to play on the PlayStation..

Reactions: 2
The kids are still young and when they were even younger I always thought why they didn’t sit with the kids to do their homework? Surely they can help them and encourage them more? I do find them a very lazy family, they just seem to let them fend for themselves. I remember Lacey always having bad bedhead hair and no one would brush it, like she was old enough to do it herself! Maybe now she is but at the time she was young.

They used to straighten Chloe’s hair and she’s only young......totally wrong and Sophie does her hair where they prepare food.

Reactions: 1
I like the family they seem very down to earth but I do agree with that they should try and walk their dogs more.

I do like the family but a few things annoy me, generally I think they're a nice family.

The favouritism the nan has for Sophie is one thing. Also how they call Liam stuff for being a bit bigger, Steve and his mom have done this and I think it is very cruel even if they don't mean to be.

Reactions: 1
Rachel works less than full-time and Steve stays home. There must be tax advantages to them not being married as they appear to be able to spend quite a lot on frivolous crap vrs 2 married parents that are both working full-time. I think he also collects a benefit claim for anxiety.. There never seems to be a concern about food budgeting and they have all the apple devices, phones and game consoles,TV's and sky....
I'm not sure it would make a difference if they're married or not. I think they get money for Lacey and probably get carer's for her. They must get working tax credit or whatever the equivalent is now as there's no way a family of 6 can survive on the wage of one part time cleaning job without some help - especially with what they've been spending lately.

Well they obviously get help with their rent on their council house.They are fortunate that the law requires that a certain percentage of new housing developments be used for low income residents. If they lived down south the housing stock would not be a nice or even in safe areas.... They most likely qualify for 1. Child benefit 2.Working tax credit 3. Child tax credit 4.Dla 5. Carers allowance 6.low income assistance. 7. Benefit for Steve's anxiety I'm sure Steve brings in a few hundred quid from YouTube every month... Overall I do like the vlogs but like others question how they live a lower middle class life on essentially one wage.... Spending is definitely up.I wonder if that elderly gent named Freddie left them an inheritance.

Things started to change when Lacey got her DLA with all the extras on top it must have doubled their monthly income. I always thought that the Child with the awarded amount had it spend on their needs (a child getting more than others maybe hard in a family of 4 kids) but she did have a patch of garden of her own and they bought little things for it, it was soon forgotten and replaced with a wooden Wendy house for Chloe. Steve once said he never claimed any benefits for himself but I bet he did once diagnosed with anxiety and depression, until then he lived on Rachael’s and the kids money so he must be living the high life now!

I’d be surprised if Steve got any disability payments for his anxiety. To qualify for disability it’s all about how much help you need to look after yourself, such as cooking, going out, personal hygiene etc. Steve can do all those things. I know we can only go by what we see in the vlogs, but it really does seem he’s pretty independent. They are almost definitely getting some rate of dla for Lacey. After she was diagnosed he kept talking about paperwork needing filled in and getting help from Val and Bill as they know how to do it. I assumed that was the dla form. They will then get the extra tax credits and carers allowance for her.

I’d be surprised if Steve got any disability payments for his anxiety. To qualify for disability it’s all about how much help you need to look after yourself, such as cooking, going out, personal hygiene etc. Steve can do all those things. I know we can only go by what we see in the vlogs, but it really does seem he’s pretty independent. They are almost definitely getting some rate of dla for Lacey. After she was diagnosed he kept talking about paperwork needing filled in and getting help from Val and Bill as they know how to do it. I assumed that was the dla form. They will then get the extra tax credits and carers allowance for her.
I think so too. And if they are getting child tax credits they'll be getting for all 4 children as they were all born before the 2 children limit came into being in 2017. It probably adds up to quite a bit.

Reactions: 3
When I first started watching the vlogs around 6yrs ago Steve claimed that his anxiety prevented him from going into the shops or out on his own..He would sit in the car whilst Rachel went food shopping or taking the kids in for appts....I don't know if that was exaggerated for the blog in case his disability was called into question. There are certainly diff levels of compensation for PIP. Perhaps he was collecting that and was able to not have to deal with Job Seekers. Even way back in the vlogs when they were living at their former home they spent more on frivolous things and Xmas was always over the top present wise for the kids...

Yes they've always went otp at Christmas, but they didn't spend nearly as much on other things. The kids had second hand beds after they outgrew the plastic ones. Wardrobe doors and chest of drawers were falling to bits for years. Bedrooms weren't decorated for years. He had to borrow from the bank of Val and Bill to change cars. I'm surprised his cars last that long as they never seem to get serviced. They'd buy the cheapest shoes for the kids but now buy Clarks.
I do like his vlogs. But I have noticed their spending seems to have went way up.

When Steve picked Sophie up from her stay with her Nanny and Grandad she didn't speak to Steve or Rachel for most of the day she came across very rude, I think they are going to have their hands full over the next few years with her.

I think for Christmas they do the weekly savings scheme and then get the vouchers sent out before Christmas. The kids do get a lot however they always say thank you and definitely seem to appreciate it. But you just never see them using much of it!

I think Sophie’s attitude is going to get so much worse if they keep letting her away with it. I do agree that it’s a hard age and teenagers have attitude, but they’re letting her be rude, could not believe the swearing a few weeks ago!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.