Steve's family vlogs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I stopped watching them some time ago, the constant buying was really getting under my skin!! Me and my husband work full time, have no kids and can’t afford to treat ourselves like they do 😤 he says he doesn’t claim benefits but surely Rachel’s wage and YT can’t pay for all that?

Reactions: 5
I used to watch their daily vlogs a few years ago but havent in a while now, just watch the odd one every now and again. I do feel bad for the oldest daughter that doesn't live with him, he doesn't seem to see her at all now and doesnt even mention her to my knowledge?
Although he might do but just not show or mention it on the vlogs

I used to watch their daily vlogs a few years ago but havent in a while now, just watch the odd one every now and again. I do feel bad for the oldest daughter that doesn't live with him, he doesn't seem to see her at all now and doesnt even mention her to my knowledge?
Although he might do but just not show or mention it on the vlogs
The last few times she has stayed she didn't want to be on camera so he followed her wishes, I think she has an open invitation to visit when she wants although these have not been as often lately she must be about 16 now.

Reactions: 1
3 iPads and money for a PS5 that’s £2000 just for that, then the rest of the mountain of presents.
Don’t understand how they do it!

Reactions: 4
They said they spent more than normal this year too! I was wondering, especially with the garden renovations and hot tub etc in the Summer... did that old guy they used to visit a lot and died earlier this year leave them some money? 🤔 I know he has his YT money and Rach works full time but still 4 +1 kids ? They never seem to go without and have a full fridge and freezer and all the gadgets throughout the year?!

Reactions: 2
There was a thread on them before that was fairly active but it got locked. I don't think he's raking in the YouTube money. Their spending increase has mostly been in the last year or so and I think it's likely down to the extra money from most likely claiming DLA for Lacey which will then mean extra tax credits and Steve will probably be getting carers allowance too.

They said they spent extra this year at Christmas as they didn't go on holiday. They also use the saving scheme thing so they save up all year then get vouchers. I think the kids do always seem grateful though and appreciate what they get.

Reactions: 5
I’ve got nothing against them as they all seem like genuine nice people. But I’ve been watching for years and can conclude that probably Steve’s parents help them out a lot at Christmas time. I also remember them paying for Sophie’s school uniform when she started secondary school.
I too would love to know what happened with Jasmine, I get her not being vlogged but you never hear Steve mention her. Even pre-covid when she could visit there was no mention?

Reactions: 3
I only discovered this family early this year and I do like them, for one thing as an antidote to the 'glossy' higher-profile vlogs where people live in a huge white house of many rooms with everything perfect and nothing quite real. I find it quite a cosy, comforting thing to watch Steve showing us 'what's for tea' and 'racing Chloe up to bed'. I admire the way he does his best to help all four kids with home-schooling during lockdown, it can't be easy. Obviously criticisms do float through my mind, such as 'why are you getting hamsters, the kids will get fed up cleaning them out in about a month if not less', and also it's clear the eldest girl doesn't want to be filmed so much now and often covers her face or turns away from the camera.

I miss my other favourite 'real' family, Emma, Dave and adorable kids from UK Family Vlogs, who seem to have disappeared since January.

Reactions: 6
I’ve said before, I do like them as a family and enjoy their vlogs but I can’t help but judge the fact that they both go out to the shops leaving all the kids at home alone. It’s pointless as one of them usually has to wait in the car due to shops only allowing 1 adult in. I know Rache doesn’t drive, but I don’t understand why one of them doesn’t stay home with the kids, especially since they both can’t go in to the shops. I just don’t think there’s any need for them both to go, during a pandemic and leave 4 kids home alone (or 3 as they sometimes take Lacey). I expect it’s because Steve doesn’t want to go in to the shops but he’s the one that drives.

I think the hamsters will soon be forgotten about like the old hamster was and like Lacey’s snail currently is. Those cages for the hamsters are awful, I don’t blame them for that though, they see it’s advertised as a hamster cage and assume it’s fine, like many people do.

I totally agree about the hamsters, I remember the cage was rarely cleaned out, I'm not being judgemental as I used to have hamsters and they need cleaning out at least once a week and it's not a quick and easy job. So I'm quite confused why they have gotten them when they have a lot on their plate already. But if it makes them happy then who am I to judge. I do really like how genuine they are and don't try and sell things, or make out they are influencers.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.