Stefanie Preissner - False Facts but don’t correct me.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey all, its funny how life works because just a few months ago i was asking her questions on her insta stories... then I was told by a friend that she just gets her info from the Virgin media guys twitter...

So I started looking at their twitters around Lockdown 3.0 time for inside info - Richard Chambers, Zara King and Gavan Reilly. I also saw a few RTE guys twitters.

I was delighted with these guys giving the inside scoop and even agreed with a podcast who called them heroes of 2020.

However, in the last few days I have found myself at odds with Richard and Gavan. My sisters eldest is autistic and she is struggling at the moment with this lockdown. I noticed Richard retweeting a story of my sisters friend talking about her situation on the SAME DAY that Richard tweeted about how we should not open up anything until we have 100% vaccination... Seems a bit hypocritical no?

Then my fiancé got laid off the other day, and it came out of nowhere (its more like a furlough but we have had to get a loan freeze). Things are grim for my family right now. My other sister is in USA and my mam cries daily about not seeing her grandchildren. My cousin was hospitalized with COVID, so i do not take it lightly but we have to acknowledge that lockdowns are harrowing.

However, I am starting to get a bit suspicious of the likes of Gavan and Richard. I even think Stefanie is more level headed. Something inside me has snapped and I realise that the likes of Richard and Gavan do not take ANY days off and go to work every day and are LOVING THE ATTENTION. They are extremely judgmental and inconsistent. Are they trying to just get followers with their exaggerated tweets?

Like one of Richard's tweets was that 200,000 people a day will get the virus after a significant amount of people get vaccinated. I am not messing.
Gavan and Richard are journalists employed to report on covid, so would have to reportt both sides, as in how hard it is for people with specific conditions under lockdown and how some scientists say we should remain in lockdown til X target has been met, as far as i know they have to report every angle regardless of their own beliefs.

Stefanie is a dose, who takes their information, reports incorrect data and acts like shes done the world a favour. One thing off the top of my head is she says only essential workers can get their car serviced. Wrong

Sounds like on the whole your family has it tough, so i do hope you are okay. But she is misinterpreting the guidelines so please dont use her insta as a guide.

Reactions: 14
Hey all, its funny how life works because just a few months ago i was asking her questions on her insta stories... then I was told by a friend that she just gets her info from the Virgin media guys twitter...

So I started looking at their twitters around Lockdown 3.0 time for inside info - Richard Chambers, Zara King and Gavan Reilly. I also saw a few RTE guys twitters.

I was delighted with these guys giving the inside scoop and even agreed with a podcast who called them heroes of 2020.

However, in the last few days I have found myself at odds with Richard and Gavan. My sisters eldest is autistic and she is struggling at the moment with this lockdown. I noticed Richard retweeting a story of my sisters friend talking about her situation on the SAME DAY that Richard tweeted about how we should not open up anything until we have 100% vaccination... Seems a bit hypocritical no?

Then my fiancé got laid off the other day, and it came out of nowhere (its more like a furlough but we have had to get a loan freeze). Things are grim for my family right now. My other sister is in USA and my mam cries daily about not seeing her grandchildren. My cousin was hospitalized with COVID, so i do not take it lightly but we have to acknowledge that lockdowns are harrowing.

However, I am starting to get a bit suspicious of the likes of Gavan and Richard. I even think Stefanie is more level headed. Something inside me has snapped and I realise that the likes of Richard and Gavan do not take ANY days off and go to work every day and are LOVING THE ATTENTION. They are extremely judgmental and inconsistent. Are they trying to just get followers with their exaggerated tweets?

Like one of Richard's tweets was that 200,000 people a day will get the virus after a significant amount of people get vaccinated. I am not messing.
That’s an interesting analysis..
we could ask ourselves some tough questions about gender roles too I suppose. The information is roughly the same but Gavin and Richard are not taking questions like herself on speed. Her engagement figures for regurgitating public information must be massive. Plus as mentioned, Gavin and Richard have full time jobs.
Stefanie is trying very hard to raise her profile by using a harrowing time for everyone.
She’s a screen writer who has self anointed herself as Covid expert.

Reactions: 11
I am being harsh as they can say whatever they want and also its their jobs. They're obviously going on to great success and we're my best resource in December.

However, maybe its my old age but i am seeking out more impartial reporting.

Opinion pieces are opinion pieces and sometimes we just want the facts as they come. There's nothing worse than reading "lockdown until 5th of March OH AND BY THE WAY TONY SAYS YOUR SCUM FOR BEING SAD ABOUT THIS AND IM LIVING MY BEST LIFE SIREN EMOJIS. SUPPORT #ZEROCOVID OR YOURE A RIGHT EING NUT JOB". Sometimes you'll read Tony's exact quote the next day and it won't have been bad at all.

The reason I put this in the Stefanie thread is because I think I'd rather read her updates than the VM guys (but not her bogus 5km advice LOL). Zara is good and the RTE guys.

There is a gap for the Stefanies but she probably should just link to citizens advice website than misquote rules.

Reactions: 2
I am being harsh as they can say whatever they want and also its their jobs. They're obviously going on to great success and we're my best resource in December.

However, maybe its my old age but i am seeking out more impartial reporting.

Opinion pieces are opinion pieces and sometimes we just want the facts as they come. There's nothing worse than reading "lockdown until 5th of March OH AND BY THE WAY TONY SAYS YOUR SCUM FOR BEING SAD ABOUT THIS AND IM LIVING MY BEST LIFE SIREN EMOJIS. SUPPORT #ZEROCOVID OR YOURE A RIGHT EING NUT JOB". Sometimes you'll read Tony's exact quote the next day and it won't have been bad at all.

The reason I put this in the Stefanie thread is because I think I'd rather read her updates than the VM guys (but not her bogus 5km advice LOL). Zara is good and the RTE guys.

There is a gap for the Stefanies but she probably should just link to citizens advice website than misquote rules.
But she has zero qualifications to give advice, tans continually gives wrong information, doesn’t want to be corrected, and just presents the exact same information that the VM crew are giving her as her own.
i think you are very harsh on VM guys that their job is to report information unbiased who unlike Stefanie that’s been the opposite of transparent and has clear bias that she includes in the “information” she is giving out. Stefanie is not impartial reporting the VM and RTÉ journalists are.

Reactions: 6
Stefanie couldn't be further from impartial. Doesn't she work with Terry Prone? Famed for spinning Bertie Ahern's financial discrepancies? Isn't her fella a FF spin doctor himself? She's got an agenda, make no mistake.

Reactions: 12
Stefanie couldn't be further from impartial. Doesn't she work with Terry Prone? Famed for spinning Bertie Ahern's financial discrepancies? Isn't her fella a FF spin doctor himself? She's got an agenda, make no mistake.
Make a name
Get a job on TV/Radio
Build profile
Join FF & go for election

that’s her aim I reckon

• Haha
Reactions: 8
But she has zero qualifications to give advice, tans continually gives wrong information, doesn’t want to be corrected, and just presents the exact same information that the VM crew are giving her as her own.
i think you are very harsh on VM guys that their job is to report information unbiased who unlike Stefanie that’s been the opposite of transparent and has clear bias that she includes in the “information” she is giving out. Stefanie is not impartial reporting the VM and RTÉ journalists are.
The VM guys are NOT unbiased. My point is that we bash Stefanie but give VM guys a pass and they're WORSE

Richard is not an epidemiologist but look at his twitter and his even his news reports have a tint of extremism that even Tony Holohan is not getting behind

Im getting sick of the media in general. There is a literal oral pill from Merck being trialed and produced in Ireland that Leo talked about at press conference. No news stories. Novovac came out of nowhere because of constant negativity and a push from "unbiased" reporters to go extreme. Theyre benefiting from this negativity whilst the general population is not.

I dont think we are giving the VM guys a pass, and whoever briefly mentioned gender..... What!? This is a thread specifically for Stefani Preisner, not for people commenting on covid in Ireland!

The reasons I don't like Stefani and have unfollowed her is because I find her passive aggressive, I find her looking for praise for doing this "covid reporting" when in reality nobody asked her to and she is using her increasing number of followers to plug her own agenda, her facts are often incorrect, her answers to questions people for some strange reason send to her come across as though she is holier than thou, and she is painful to listen to!

Reactions: 9
I dont think we are giving the VM guys a pass, and whoever briefly mentioned gender..... What!? This is a thread specifically for Stefani Preisner, not for people commenting on covid in Ireland!

The reasons I don't like Stefani and have unfollowed her is because I find her passive aggressive, I find her looking for praise for doing this "covid reporting" when in reality nobody asked her to and she is using her increasing number of followers to plug her own agenda, her facts are often incorrect, her answers to questions people for some strange reason send to her come across as though she is holier than thou, and she is painful to listen to!
Yeah I see the points on Stefani and my posts being irrelevant. Im just fed up of anyone covid-media related these days and wanted a rant.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
What's the difference in these two women, Stefanie? Sure to god wouldn't be taking the advice from this bloody contradiction of a woman.
No difference, theyre both as thick as each other for asking Stefanie the question as if shes some sort of expert

Reactions: 7
Surely a member of the public shouldn’t be able to sign up to sometime like that! Because in this case that’s all she is!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.