Stefanie Preissner - False Facts but don’t correct me.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don’t think she does weddings. Imagine being newly married and going to a wedding alone.
I’d say she doesn’t do weddings as she probably can’t stand an event where the focus isn’t entirely on her. Not like her own wedding was a non-event, she publicized it plenty.

Reactions: 3
Jesus, the dogs on the street could have told her she was autistic 🙄 not trying to take anything away from people with autism but she's really doing this in an attention seeking way.

Reactions: 4
It was obvious to me anyway that she was on the spectrum. But for her sake if knowing gives her some clarity and understanding it’s good.

I’m not convinced. She ticks a lot of boxes for a not so popular disorder.

• Have an exaggerated sense of self-importance
  • Have a sense of entitlement and require constant, excessive admiration
  • Expect to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
  • Exaggerate achievements and talents
  • Be preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
  • Believe they are superior and can only associate with equally special people
  • Monopolize conversations and belittle or look down on people they perceive as inferior
  • Expect special favors and unquestioning compliance with their expectations
    Have an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
  • Be envious of others and believe others envy them
  • Behave in an arrogant or haughty manner, coming across as conceited, boastful and pretentious

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
We all have things in our intelligence, characters and personalities that would place us somewhere on some type of spectrum. What I mean is, I’m not qualified to diagnose anyone on an autism spectrum but we all have quirks - I hate noise, can’t bear it. That’s 1 symptoms of aspergers if you look online however I haven’t been diagnosed with it, there’s so many ‘free’ online tests to self assess- I’m just saying we all have something that falls into one of a dozen lists for something. With her, she will make this her next PR stunt, she will be on RTÉ about it & do a pod. For her it’s another selling point. For someone else genuine, it may make or break them to get an honest diagnosis. I’m just saying if you Google enough you have symptoms or characteristics of many things…

Reactions: 7
Exactly. I think she will do more harm than good with “starting this conversation”, mainly because she will use this as a get out of jail free card for a lot of the things she does.

Reactions: 8
We all have things in our intelligence, characters and personalities that would place us somewhere on some type of spectrum. What I mean is, I’m not qualified to diagnose anyone on an autism spectrum but we all have quirks - I hate noise, can’t bear it. That’s 1 symptoms of aspergers if you look online however I haven’t been diagnosed with it, there’s so many ‘free’ online tests to self assess- I’m just saying we all have something that falls into one of a dozen lists for something. With her, she will make this her next PR stunt, she will be on RTÉ about it & do a pod. For her it’s another selling point. For someone else genuine, it may make or break them to get an honest diagnosis. I’m just saying if you Google enough you have symptoms or characteristics of many things…

Aspergers is not given as a diagnosis anymore. Thankfully.
Look into its origins

Reactions: 2
I just love how Twitter ignores Stefanie. Some media keep trying to make her relevant but most of her tweets (or tweets about her) are largely ignored.

And it seems like her Instagram is headed the same way, less than 2% engagement on her most recent post.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
How does she manage to get all of the RTE airtime? She was on Claire Byrne yesterday about her diagnosis, “even being in the studio is difficult”. 90% of us would find being in a TV or radio studio difficult; you’re not special Stefanie (as further emphasized by you being ignored by everyone outside of RTE and the independent).

Reactions: 5
She’s really starting to annoy me lately. She’s not qualified in the slightest to be dispensing info about Covid or restrictions.
The autism thing…look I’m not one to gatekeep stuff, but I know plenty of people who have children with ASD. One friend is very active in AsIAm.
Stefanie seems to have just looked a list of “traits” and decided to embody them overnight.

Reactions: 5
I do actually.
I still find Stefanie to be more than a tad disingenuous.
Well in my own late diagnosis experience I find myself less willing to mask who I really am. I now wear noise cancelling headphones or ear plugs out and about. I no longer go where I don't want to, I fully embrace all my quirks and differences and make apologies where I've hurt people in the past, but no apologies for being my authentic self.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.