Stacey Solomon #23 Escape to the Gherkin Mansion

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought this, everything in that house needs to be replaced now or in the near future, the hot tub must be at least 30 years old and the cost of just recarpeting will be astronomical, I dread to think what replacing the windows would cost. I assume that’s why it’s been sold, the previous owner did it up about 30 years ago and didn’t want or couldn’t afford the upkeep. The decor looks like a pub on a council estate. You’d need a team of gardeners and cleaners otherwise you’d spend all day hoovering and mopping. Also, it looks like it’s got electric heaters in every room so keeping it warm is going to cost the GDP of a small country!
A very good example of this the career not being as long as intended is Katie Price and now she flogs anything and everything just to keep her head above water. I can really see this happening to not only Stacey but Joe too.. Only so long you can be a professional game show contestant.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I have a cat tht frequently visits another house but also comes home especially in crap weather but id NEVER leave it 🙄

Reactions: 14
That nappy is a disgrace, there’s literally no excuse for that. Is she still a rep for pampers? I want to put a complaint in
I doubt pampers would even care. A lot of people complained when her and Hinch had a non socially distanced party to advertise pampers and they weren't bothered.

Reactions: 11
I know a few people who gave had cats who would moonlight at other houses and stay there and then the owner has moved and taken the cat who gas then just run away. One friends cat actually went from one side of the town to the other back to the second house (a good 3-4 miles away). But for me I would still take the cats with me and hope it didn't run away they are part of the family. The big thing is to try and keep them in for 2 weeks to familiarise themselves with the new surroundings.

Rex needs to be taught to be more gentle with the pets. I have a little one about 6 months younger than him and he is the same but when he is rough is told no and to be gentle. At the end of the day they are little and he will hopefully learn to be gentle and respect the animals more if shown how

Reactions: 9
Can’t believe she left Mitzy!!!! What a bleeping cow.
Exactly. It suited them that Mitzy went off. I'd have called for her before I left. Mitzy would have settled in in a matter of days. Just keep her in till she got use to her new environment. Large gardens to play in. I couldn't imagine leaving mine behind if i moved. One of them goes to the neighbours but I would still bring her with me. The male is scared of his one shadow so I know he goes into no other house 😆😆😆

Reactions: 19
A very good example of this the career not being as long as intended is Katie Price and now she flogs anything and everything just to keep her head above water. I can really see this happening to not only Stacey but Joe too.. Only so long you can be a professional game show contestant.
You only have to look at certain celebs who were everywhere 10-15 years ago and do nothing now to see this stuff has a shelf life (especially if you don't really have a talent as such).

The bigger and older the house, the bigger the maintenance bill. That's partly where Katie Price came unstuck with her house, I don't think she ever considered how much you need to spend/ how many people you need just to maintain the upkeep of a big house and acres of gardens. It's a full time job in itself.

Reactions: 16
If Mrs Hinch left the cat behind it wouldn’t be acceptable but because it’s loveable Stacey it’s all fine 🤷‍♀️🐈🐈🐈🐈🐈
I don’t think that is true 😂😂 I think for both of them the huns will always defend them and tattlers will always call them out. Let’s be honest we may as well morph the two threads together anyway because their instagrams are carbon copies of each other

Reactions: 6
Absolutely fuming about her poor cat!! Animals adapt and the size of that house and land it would be perfect for a cat. Absolutely disgusting. No matter who my pet bonds with it’s still my pet and it would come wherever I go!!!!’ She’s horrible.

Reactions: 14
Sitting down with my lunch and I’m faced with the soggiest, fullest nappy I’ve ever seen and a child man-handling a scabby random cat that could have any disease 🤢 god she’s a minty cow!! I’ll send her some nappies if she’s that hard up

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
You never fully own a cat! They rule the roost. My next door neighbour used to feed mine and let him in the house, I moved one street away and the cat came with us but kept returning to the old neighbour, they like their territory, it can be very distressing for a cat to move house. My neighbour took ownership of our cat in the end, no matter how hard I tried to keep him in and settle him in to the new house he just kept going back. He is loved and cared for that’s all that matters!

Reactions: 17
I was proper shocked and disgusted to hear on here that she's left the cat (haven't watched the stories yet but it's absolutely no shock to me that Rex is, once again, playing keepy ups with his nappy either 🙄). I wasn't sure if that was just my prerogative but I'm glad to see many on here think it's awful too.

I worked part time with rescue centres when I was in uni and if any pet owner saw some of the states that left or abandoned cats get into afterwards they definitely wouldn't do it if they really care for their animals, it's honestly heartbreaking!

Whoever earlier said that the problem is usually when a cat needs the vet that it then becomes "not actually their cat" is spot on. You see that so much and it's the same for treating the animal for fleas and worms! Plus cats left like that don't usually get to a vet in time when there is an issue as the majority of the time the "new owners" don't notice or they take for granted that their "other owner" will take them and then it becomes a much larger problem! Honestly people really take cats for granted, yes they are largely independent animals with big attitudes and somewhat capable creatures, for the most part, but they are still your responsibility once you take them on as a pet!

If you aren't willing to potentially take an animal to the vet and pay for it's treatment then you shouldn't let it in your home full stop, imo. There is no good to come from an animal getting comfortable somewhere that isn't it's home if it won't be looked after there and as a cat owner you have no way of knowing if this will happen unless you be responsible & keep them inside. Hopefully this is a best case scenario with Mitzy and she genuinely does have a new home where she is loved, will be looked after properly and not just left again if they too move home but I'm doubtful, tbh.

Our cat is a rescue, we got him as a kitten and he's a housecat - people have called us cruel and all sorts of things for keeping him inside but honestly I couldn't care less! I know he's far safer indoors, and that way he's also not a threat to local wildlife. I might offend some of you here but I truly believe letting cats outside is very irresponsible - unless you live on huge land or a farm or something. (You know, similar to where Stacey has just moved 🙄) I might sound pedantic but I am a lover of all animals and I find it so sad how the majority of them get treated as if they are disposable. I think overall we are far too lax with how much responsibility we expect cat owners to take for their cats, imagine somebody just leaving their dog to get fed by somebody else when they move and possibly wander as a stray - they'd be judged a lot more & I certainly don't think that they'd be openly admitting it to their large online following, it shouldn't be any different with any other pet!

Sorry for the rant, this kinda hits a nerve for me.
P.s Stacey stinks.

*edited* typos.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Stacey needs to teach Rex to be more gentle with animals. Especially cats. I have two (see my pic). Tame as anything but if some child handled the Male one like Rex did to that cat he would swipe at him. Cats are unpredictable more so then dogs and moody too 🤣🤣🤣.
You cat looks like Bear from 'My Sad Cat'

I'd have 4 cats and I' moved them from the UK to the US and then to Spain. It's perfectly doable. You wouldn't leave one of your children behind would you?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
My ex neighbour moved, left her 2 cats behind.
I took them in along with my other cats, because they had begun coming in, after she abandoned them, got them neutered, flea treated/microchip into my name ect.
One of my own cats, proper old thing, kept going to a old couple across the road, for about a year,he would still come home, but they fed him chicken and Tuna, so he knew he had the best of both worlds.

When it came to moving house, not once did I think of leaving any of the cats behind - even though one had 2 houses, I could never live with myself - the thought of him going to our old house and it being empty? That breaks my heart!
We regularly update the cats "friend" across the road, and although it took a while, all cats are super settled in the new house and I don't have to worry about him being hungry, alone or cold.

Anyone who leaves an animal behind is heartless in my opinion. Simple.

Stacey, having the large following she has, 100 percent has a responsibility to ensure that nobody thinks that's acceptable behaviour.

No excuses.

Reactions: 28
I was proper shocked and disgusted to hear on here that she's left the cat (haven't watched the stories yet but it's absolutely no shock to me that Rex is, once again, playing keepy ups with his nappy either 🙄). I wasn't sure if that was just my prerogative but I'm glad to see many on here think it's awful too.

I worked part time with rescue centres when I was in uni and if any pet owner saw some of the states that left or abandoned cats get into afterwards they definitely wouldn't do it if they really care for their animals, it's honestly heartbreaking!

Whoever earlier said that the problem is usually when a cat needs the vet that it then becomes "not actually their cat" is spot on. You see that so much and it's the same for treating the animal for fleas and worms! Plus cats left like that don't usually get to a vet in time when there is an issue as the majority of the time the "new owners" don't notice or they take for granted that their "other owner" will take them and then it becomes a much larger problem! Honestly people really take cats for granted, yes they are largely independent animals with big attitudes and somewhat capable creatures, for the most part, but they are still your responsibility once you take them on as a pet!

If you aren't willing to potentially take an animal to the vet and pay for it's treatment then you shouldn't let it in your home full stop, imo. There is no good to come from an animal getting comfortable somewhere that isn't it's home if it won't be looked after there and as a cat owner you have no way of knowing if this will happen unless you be responsible & keep them inside. Hopefully this is a best case scenario with Mitzy and she genuinely does have a new home where she is loved, will be looked after properly and not just left again if they too move home but I'm doubtful, tbh.

Our cat is a rescue, we got him as a kitten and he's a housecat - people have called us cruel and all sorts of things for keeping him inside but honestly I couldn't care less! I know he's far safer indoors, and that way he's also not a threat to local wildlife. I might offend some of you here but I truly believe letting cats outside is very irresponsible - unless you live on huge land or a farm or something. (You know, similar to where Stacey has just moved 🙄) I might sound pedantic but I am a lover of all animals and I find it so sad how the majority of them get treated as if they are disposable. I think overall we are far too lax with how much responsibility we expect cat owners to take for their cats, imagine somebody just leaving their dog to get fed by somebody else when they move and possibly wander as a stray - they'd be judged a lot more & I certainly don't think that they'd be openly admitting it to their large online following, it shouldn't be any different with any other pet!

Sorry for the rant, this kinda hits a nerve for me.
P.s Stacey stinks.

*edited* typos.
My cat is an outdoor cat and loves life. As we’ve discovered with this lockdown, life isn’t just about being alive!

You never fully own a cat! They rule the roost. My next door neighbour used to feed mine and let him in the house, I moved one street away and the cat came with us but kept returning to the old neighbour, they like their territory, it can be very distressing for a cat to move house. My neighbour took ownership of our cat in the end, no matter how hard I tried to keep him in and settle him in to the new house he just kept going back. He is loved and cared for that’s all that matters!
Yep, cats are really good at voting with their feet and usually aren’t arsed about staying friends 🤣

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.