Stacey Dooley

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to really like her back in the BBC3 days. She seemed genuine. caring and got quite a lot out of the subjects. These days though she just seems to rip off old Louis Theroux topics that he did much better 10 years earlier.
I used to like her early stuff too. The way she came across as a girl who was just interested and wanted to find out more about an issue was refreshing. There was also a cbbc show she used to do about showing kids the value of money and where all their gadgets, clothes etc came from and she came across well on it.

Now she seems to have rebranded herself as a 'serious investigate journalist' and in her docs it's just blindingly obvious she is no journalist. Ever since Strictly she just seems so fake and luvvie

Reactions: 11
I used to like her early stuff too. The way she came across as a girl who was just interested and wanted to find out more about an issue was refreshing. There was also a cbbc show she used to do about showing kids the value of money and where all their gadgets, clothes etc came from and she came across well on it.

Now she seems to have rebranded herself as a 'serious investigate journalist' and in her docs it's just blindingly obvious she is no journalist. Ever since Strictly she just seems so fake and luvvie
The thing is, lots of the serious investigative journalists will have degrees in something like Broadcast Journalism, and it really shows with her that she has nothing like that!

Reactions: 5
Dooley is back tomorrow with a new show about people discovering their DNA or something. A bit random. She even made it onto BBC2 for this one so must be serious.

Reactions: 1
He sounds absolutely awful! He’s not attractive in my opinion. Who does he think he is? 🤢
Who on earth finds Kevin '3 divorces' Clifton a catch? I always feel like shes being held hostage by him. Same with Ola Jordan and her odious husband.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Who on earth finds Kevin '3 divorces' Clifton a catch? I always feel like shes being held hostage by him. Same with Ola Jordan and her odious husband.
Always wondered what Ola saw in James - personality-wise, he's everything I would not want in a husband.

Reactions: 12
I had the displeasure of being in John Lewis Bluewater perfume dept at the same time as James & Ola they were desperately trying to get a credit note for a bottle of creed the sales assistant was extremely patient explaining they had never sold that scent (other creeds were available) or that size bottle. But James wouldn't have it. They ended up getting the creed rep over to confirm it!!creed at the time was around £150 for a 30ml bottle.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I had the displeasure of being in John Lewis Bluewater perfume dept at the same time as James & Ola they were desperately trying to get a credit note for a bottle of creed the sales assistant was extremely patient explaining they had never sold that scent (other creeds were available) or that size bottle. But James wouldn't have it. They ended up getting the creed rep over to confirm it!!creed at the time was around £150 for a 30ml bottle.
I reckon they need the money, there can’t be much income coming in !

Reactions: 2
I reckon they need the money, there can’t be much income coming in !
They do sleazy burlesque shows now dont they, and Ann Summers ads. Ola was a charming dancer on Strictly, she was well liked. he has ruined her career with his unpleasant personality.

Reactions: 10
They do sleazy burlesque shows now dont they, and Ann Summers ads. Ola was a charming dancer on Strictly, she was well liked. he has ruined her career with his unpleasant personality.
I just always got the impression he thought he was better than he was. She was very sweet , or at least that’s how she came across. Brendan Cole was another one that thought he was bigger than strictly.

Reactions: 3
Clifton and Dooley are both narcissistic, and would sell their soul to the devil for fame but I think she definitely holds all the power in that relationship...he’s moved into her house, he’s constantly stroking her ego and in an interview during the first lockdown she said she’d allowed him to have a shelf in her fridge when he moved in!

Reactions: 5
I can imagine James pulling a ‘do you know who I am?’

Ola had done 10 years at SCD and was beginning to get a bit samey choreo-wise so I doubt she'd have still been there now regardless but I can't help but think she could have lasted a couple more years and had a less acrimonious departure if not for the fact that she came with a side order of James.

I just always got the impression he thought he was better than he was. She was very sweet , or at least that’s how she came across. Brendan Cole was another one that thought he was bigger than strictly.
Keeping within the topic, Kevin Clifton himself was another who came across like he was bigger than the show - dude had a face like thunder when criticised for that godawful showdance with Stacey and I got the impression that he tried to tell the producers which celeb he wanted most years. When he got a dud celeb who didn't worship him (Susan Calman previously had treated him like a god), the interest was suddenly gone.

And suddenly when the work ran out, he wanted a return. Pity that no other former SCD pro ever even got the option for that...

Reactions: 9
I can imagine James pulling a ‘do you know who I am?’

Ola had done 10 years at SCD and was beginning to get a bit samey choreo-wise so I doubt she'd have still been there now regardless but I can't help but think she could have lasted a couple more years and had a less acrimonious departure if not for the fact that she came with a side order of James.

Keeping within the topic, Kevin Clifton himself was another who came across like he was bigger than the show - dude had a face like thunder when criticised for that godawful showdance with Stacey and I got the impression that he tried to tell the producers which celeb he wanted most years. When he got a dud celeb who didn't worship him (Susan Calman previously had treated him like a god), the interest was suddenly gone.

And suddenly when the work ran out, he wanted a return. Pity that no other former SCD pro ever even got the option for that...
I personally think when clifton realised he’d got anneka rice and she couldn’t dance he didn’t give a tit about teaching her to dance etc, I also think at times he was rude towards her.

Reactions: 8
Clifton and Dooley are both narcissistic, and would sell their soul to the devil for fame but I think she definitely holds all the power in that relationship...he’s moved into her house, he’s constantly stroking her ego and in an interview during the first lockdown she said she’d allowed him to have a shelf in her fridge when he moved in!
I've always thought Kevin had a few narcissistic traits - his reaction to even the slightest criticism on Strictly (not full on tantrums, but it was almost as if he had real trouble actually processing it), and making lots of his partnerships more about him than the celeb

I find him and Stacey such a bizarre couple. I'm not a fan of either of them, but I would never have put them together. He just seems completely at odds with her 'cool girl' image

Reactions: 13
I personally think when clifton realised he’d got anneka rice and she couldn’t dance he didn’t give a tit about teaching her to dance etc, I also think at times he was rude towards her.
Yeah, I can see that. He just seemed disinterested, even in the Instagram videos - his smile didn't meet his eyes, he seemed bored. And that Charleston has to go down as one of the worst ever routines on the show. Anneka may have been rubbish but there was not one step of Charleston so I don't know what he thought he was doing putting that on live TV.

Yeah, I can see that. He just seemed disinterested, even in the Instagram videos - his smile didn't meet his eyes, he seemed bored. And that Charleston has to go down as one of the worst ever routines on the show. Anneka may have been rubbish but there was not one step of Charleston so I don't know what he thought he was doing putting that on live TV.
It was embarrassing, he didn’t care if anneka looked like a fool. I would not trust him at all.
I would say im not against comedy routines, when done right they don’t make the celeb look stupid like this one did

Reactions: 8
He was so rude about her when they were voted off! Even I was a bit taken aback. If you have someone who's a bit crap, you just smile, say what a great person they are and how you loved working with them, and then do your goodbye dance.

Instead he said something like 'ha ha well look what I had to work with!' in a weird, jokey, panicked way. It was awkward and cringy

Even with Susan Calman, he seemed to throw in the towel towards the end - their Paso in Blackpool and their American Smooth (which they were voted out on) were also both dire.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I'm watching Stacey on a BBC2 programme now, where she takes a load of teenagers to work at Heathrow Airport. She tries to be all stern and businesslike with the teens but in her 'Alright geezer' accent it sounds ridiculous.

I'm watching Stacey on a BBC2 programme now, where she takes a load of teenagers to work at Heathrow Airport. She tries to be all stern and businesslike with the teens but in her 'Alright geezer' accent it sounds ridiculous.
I did actually think that was one of her better shows. She was best when she stuck to younger people and got their perception of the issues. Her most interesting one was the Luton doc but think that's been wiped from existence by the BBC.