Squirmy & Grubs #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reading what Shane wrote about Anna was interesting. I was wondering if there was any documented honesty regarding the nitty gritty of his disease. He and Hannah definitely don’t go there on their channel.

I found this study about the time that primary and non primary caregivers spend caring for someone with SMA. It’s a long detailed study but bottom line is that primary caregivers spend 10 hours a day providing direct care to the person they’re caring for. 10 hours!! That makes sense to me. Granted that probably includes daily bathing and some physical therapy which we know Shane declines but the bottom line is that Shane and Hannah GREATLY downplay the reality of their existence.It’s unfortunate because it’s not a true glimpse into the life of an inter abled couple. Hopefully this link pastes correctly.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I do feel sorry for Shane and his obviously deteriorating condition. I can't help but think they are aware of this but are capitalising as best they can on these bikini clickbait videos? Like he has just a couple of years to live and they want to make as much money as they can so they can continue their Florida vacations?

How much does anyone reckon they make on their videos that average a couple of hundred thousand views?

Reactions: 4
I really dont like Shanes writing style its very immature to me. Like everything he writes belongs in a childrens book

Reactions: 10
I do feel sorry for Shane and his obviously deteriorating condition. I can't help but think they are aware of this but are capitalising as best they can on these bikini clickbait videos? Like he has just a couple of years to live and they want to make as much money as they can so they can continue their Florida vacations?

How much does anyone reckon they make on their videos that average a couple of hundred thousand views?
Theres a video that did the math on how much revenue they get. Type in "how much do squirmy and grubs make" in YT.
Its over a year old now and the numbers he used to get his estimate are way too low now as their channel has blown up even more since then but it gives you a general idea. Theyre easily making 6 figures a year. Add in all the crap people mail them, all the sponsors, patreon, streams ect....its damn good money.
Im really curious to know how much in donations they made off their fake wedding. You could see them looking at their screen in AWE of all the donations being spammed, and all for a total bleeping lie. It really made me truly hate them.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 7

Yeah, he’s basically Walter White...trying to make as much money for his family as possible before he dies😏

• Haha
Reactions: 6
What's the oldest living person with his condition? He said in one video he can live the average human lifespan now. I think he has machines that assist him if things get sketchy.

Reactions: 2

So back when Shane wrote that tumblr post about Anna, his life expectancy was more bleak. Within the past couple years a couple drugs called Risdiplam and Spinraza have come out that supposedly slow or can stop the progression of the disease. So Shane says now that his life expectancy is normal, although probably not in actuality because his speech and breathing is still weak and he's screwed if he ever gets pneumonia or covid.

With regard to how much they make a year in total, my guess is that it's conservatively at least $450k a year at this point. It's impossible to know exactly how much they make from youtube adsense because youtube is fickle and will penalize some channels over others depending on the content, but one youtube channel that estimates what people earn guessed that they were making about $76,000 a year on youtube adsense back in 2019. TBH I'm surprised some of Squirmy & Grubs' videos haven't gotten demonetized by people reporting them for sexualized content. Anyway, they probably make over double that now, at least, so like $200k a year in adsense alone. Then they make thousands a month from sponsors (which could account for $20k a month, if not more since apparently sponsors regularly will pay $10-$50 for every 1k views), they have merch, a patreon, Shane did talks at schools and events (pre-covid), and Shane makes about $30k a year from his non-profit, and Shane has advances and money from the books he's written. SO yeah, about $500k (and maybe more) is my guess.

Bottom line: they're making a TONNN of money and a big reason why they constantly exploit Hannah's body in the thumbnails is probably because they need to keep their views up to get paid well by sponsors.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
What's the oldest living person with his condition? He said in one video he can live the average human lifespan now. I think he has machines that assist him if things get sketchy.
His claim that he can live a normal lifespan is completely unsubstantiated ie its not based on anything. His medication is new. Theres no data or longterm studys that indicate or prove that someone with his condition can live a normal lifespan with it. It is possible but it seems unlikely because hes still fairly young but his appearance has aged greatly in the last 5 years alone. Honestly, if he makes it to 40 it would be an incredible feat for medicine, but (honestly) I doubt he'll make it that far.

His claim that he can live a normal lifespan is completely unsubstantiated ie its not based on anything. His medication is new. Theres no data or longterm studys that indicate or prove that someone with his condition can live a normal lifespan with it. It is possible but it seems unlikely because hes still fairly young but his appearance has aged greatly in the last 5 years alone. Honestly, if he makes it to 40 it would be an incredible feat for medicine, but (honestly) I doubt he'll make it that far.
Older/old people with SMA do exist but it's a broad umbrella because there are 4 types of SMA, with types 3 and 4 being much milder. Shane is on the severe end of Type 2, which is the second most serious type. Type 1 babies typically don't live past 2 years. His speech has definitely gotten a lot worse since his My Last Days video. Shane doesn't take care of himself and doesn't do physical therapy and is already getting pressure sores. So I do tend to agree with you that he probably won't live a full lifespan.

I haven't been able to find anything about people with Type 2 who are senior citizens but that would be interesting.

There are several people asking if she is pregnant and it's no wonder. This latest shower bikini video shows most of her flaws. From her super-broad manly shoulders, to her cellulite, enlarged misshapen butt, gut showing through...she is either getting bigger and bigger off of sweets or she is pregnant. I hope not. We don't need more of either of them in this world. But, if she is, and the marriage is true, then this will be the beginning of the end for them. They will separate soon enough afterward. This always happens when an immature couple decides to have a child because they need a distraction from their horrible relationship more than they actually want to raise a child together.

There are several people asking if she is pregnant and it's no wonder. This latest shower bikini video shows most of her flaws. From her super-broad manly shoulders, to her cellulite, enlarged misshapen butt, gut showing through...she is either getting bigger and bigger off of sweets or she is pregnant. I hope not. We don't need more of either of them in this world. But, if she is, and the marriage is true, then this will be the beginning of the end for them. They will separate soon enough afterward. This always happens when an immature couple decides to have a child because they need a distraction from their horrible relationship more than they actually want to raise a child together.
I kinda doubt she's pregnant. I think Shane is really trying to put that off for as long as possible lol. He's already probably jealous of Chloe and wouldn't be able to mentally handle a baby. I think she's just put on quarantine weight.

Once they have a baby I agree that their relationship will go up in flames. I also feel like Hannah has seemed less fixated on him lately, and more genuinely annoyed.

Reactions: 8
I also get a detached vibe from her. She has a chip on her shoulder. At one time, she was the more likable of the two but lately she seems like a real witch. She even sounded bitchy to Liz when she walked into the kitchen where Liz was laying out the puzzle. I don’t think she’s turned cold and bitchy. I think she always was but just got tired of acting.

Shanes not stupid he knows a baby would be a disaster. The only problem is i think Hannah really wants a family, could be causing some friction in the relationship

Reactions: 6
Shanes not stupid he knows a baby would be a disaster. The only problem is i think Hannah really wants a family, could be causing some friction in the relationship
Hannah is so utterly and disturbingly bleeping brainwashed that Id feel terrified for her kid due to all the complete bullshit that will be pumped into that kids brain.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
One thing I don't get is why people send tit to them, like who in their right mind is shopping and is like Yep, I'm going to get his and send it to Shane and Hannah.....sadddd people like get some friends. And to send them birthday and Christmas and wedding presents !!! If you have disposable income give it to a real charily. Pathetic

• Heart
Reactions: 19
One thing I don't get is why people send tit to them, like who in their right mind is shopping and is like Yep, I'm going to get his and send it to Shane and Hannah.....sadddd people like get some friends. And to send them birthday and Christmas and wedding presents !!! If you have disposable income give it to a real charily. Pathetic
Hannah and Shane always pretend they are broke af and need this or that but cant afford it so their fans who are too nice for their own good send them crap out of pity or just to make themselves feel better by doing such a noble deed. Its annoying the fans mindlessly believe everything they say.
Random example of their incapability of thinking- Someone says "No way those 2 are having sex" The fans-"They made a video discussing intimacy so they definitely are having sex" .....common sense has left the building

• Heart
Reactions: 11
They "can't afford things" but are on a vacation right now. I haven't taken a vacation in...a very long time (way before the pandemic). They're full of crap. They've brainwashed their followers so much. They don't have to attack anyone who doesn't agree with them because their followers do it for them. They're quick to act holier-than-thou to people who don't agree with them, but won't dare say anything about all of the nasty, insulting things their followers say to people...Disgusting.
If I were Shane's cousin, I would feel embarrassed and angry at Shane for putting out such a bad representation for LAMN.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
There is nothing sadder in terms of fandom than a fan buying and sending gifts to a Youtuber that they most likely will never meet or have as a real friend. I read that this type of friendship is called a "parasocial friendship"- a one sided friendship with a media figure. The fans are just as sad as teen girls sobbing hysterically at a concert for a teen heartthrob. It's fine to think an actor/actress is hot and admire their work, but when these fans idolize Youtubers of all people, it comes off as desperate and frenzied cult-like devotion of misplaced affection. What a world we live in, where teachers have to live in their cars, professions of all types have to refinance their homes or cut costs at every corner and these Youtuber people live the high life devoid of any intelligence, morals or purpose.

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.