Squirmy and Grubs #8 Spermy & Greedy: Perfect specimen preservation, ass shots & a soulless mansion.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They purchased the McMansion earlier this year the same time Hannah's parents sold their house, and S&G put their house on the market soon after that. All 4 of them live in the $1.9 million USD McMansion, and the owner is listed as an LLC called "Purple Flamingo." There's no evidence of an elevator inside, and there are at least 2 stairways, one of which could be seen in one of their recent videos. It looked very steep, with absolutely no kind of gate or barricade at the top. It looked like it would take just one slip of the joystick, and Shane would tumble down those stairs and be crushed underneath his 400-lb wheelchair. Shane couldn't get from the house to the back yard and pool until they had a really cheap, dangerous-looking, wooden ramp built. The only place it has rails are where it makes a 90-degree turn. Otherwise the only thing between his chair and a repeat of Rampgate at Hannah's parents' house last winter are short boards along the sides... look like 1-by-4s at the most.

The topic of the new house came up early back in the 5th S&G thread, and there were some lengthy discussions about it there. Happy hunting!

Thank you so much! Wow... once again it shocks me how little attention is paid to Shane's well-being and care. Of all places they could buy, they choose an inaccessible and dangerous place with stairs... because it's "pretty" I guess. It's interesting how they go to great lengths calling out hotels and AirBnBs for being inaccessible and having steps and stuff but they can't be damned to make their own house accessible, or purchase one that makes sense for Shane's needs? Typical as always... their passion for accessibility only comes out when Hannah can raise a commotion about something online and not when Shane actually needs it. Not to mention the crappy, cheap ramps they use... Rampgate 🤣🤣 Thanks for the thread link!

there are many factors. I think a prominent factor is shane's superiority complex and huge ego; he thinks he is better than other crips, and by using hannah as an ornament he showcases that he is succesfull with "hot young blondes" too. the latter is to furthermore flex on non-crips (bloods); "look at my hot girlfriend".

a lot of guys these days (abled), young, fit and handsome can't get a date if their life depended on it (I know, I am a senior in college, lots of overinflated egos these days due to social media and simps). imo, hannah surely is not ugly, her personality etc. makes her look trashy (and the brami thingy).

anything to flex on disabled kids and the regular middle class family. they purposely emphasize that the holy s&g are not middle class peasants. now, please donate for my new wheelchair and non-profit 🙈.
You are so correct. He has so many internalized ableism issues which is understandable given the severity of his condition but the way he goes about it by flexing on other disabled people and putting them down to lift himself up is messed up.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I finally watched their stupid newlywed game of questions and answers. The question: “Who works more?” Answer: Shane. Hannah says, “Shane definitely works more than me. I can’t really get there on a lot of days.”

Hmm.. I wonder what happened to her 14 hour days filled with editing, researching, filming, collaborating, book writing, etc? Ohh that’s right. They’re big fat liars.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
A long time ago when Shane was first starting to get popular.. the blog (which was a lot more grass roots and slightly genuine tho not critically acclaimed writing or anything) and soul pancake made the my last days (he’s done well) I started to see the “interest” in the first girlfriend Shannon and the sort of all American image they were applying to Shane… fast food, mansions, then Anna came along though she didn’t have the X factor then of course Hannah . Another YouTuber pointed out in a video about them that yes indeed someone was trying to make a star out if a Shane . I always wonder who the man behind the curtain in all of this is…
Have you stumbled upon this gem yet? This was filmed way before any of the romantic interests entered the picture. Shane was 17 in this video and this short film was actually produced by a film company that claims to be a 13 time Emmy award winning production company. It’s filmed through Shane’s perspective as he navigates his admission into a hospital while he faces the reality of not coming out alive. Super high drama with paid actors pretending to be doctors, etc. I mention those details just to show how, even 12 years ago, someone was already thinking of getting Shane in front of as many people as possible. The groundwork was being laid for him to use his “nightmare” for financial gain. There’s only one person who I believe is standing behind the curtain and that would be his dad. Who else could it be? I further speculate that he (his dad)was friends with Liz way before Hannah ever emailed Shane on that fateful day. But that’s another story.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Have you stumbled upon this gem yet? This was filmed way before any of the romantic interests entered the picture. Shane was 17 in this video and this short film was actually produced by a film company that claims to be a 13 time Emmy award winning production company. It’s filmed through Shane’s perspective as he navigates his admission into a hospital while he faces the reality of not coming out alive. Super high drama with paid actors pretending to be doctors, etc. I mention those details just to show how, even 12 years ago, someone was already thinking of getting Shane in front of as many people as possible. The groundwork was being laid for him to use his “nightmare” for financial gain. There’s only one person who I believe is standing behind the curtain and that would be his dad. Who else could it be? I further speculate that he (his dad)was friends with Liz way before Hannah ever emailed Shane on that fateful day. But that’s another story.
Yeah for sure huge crew behind the curtain on that one. Not to mention the revealed crew in Shannon and Shane’s now deleted cooking video. Someone had their eye on him yeah… the dad yeah.. I like it how shane immediately replied to “hot Hannah” but never bothers with half the disabled folk who reach out to him. And as pointed out here the house is entirely unsuitable for a wheelchair user stupid stairs everywhere with cheap temporary ramps chucked on

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The mansion really gets me going. What do TWO (just TWO!!!!) young people need a huge house like that for? How excessive and wasteful! It's unsustainable to live so large in this day and age. These big suburban homes are terrible for the environment because they sprawl out so much and take up all this land, use up all these resources etc. Imagine their utilities bill. Large houses like theirs should be for big families or multiple families, not a pair of young lazy dullards. Go live in an apartment or an appropriately sized house like normal milennials. I get that Shane's wheelchair needs space and their home needs to be accessible but was a MANSION necessary? How many people aged 28 are living like this? What do they need all that for, unless Liz and Mr. Aylward are living there too because they do all the real work for their royal highnesses.... hmmm.

Unsustainable lifestyles really piss me off, same with Hannah's obsession with fast fashion. If they have good money, which they most certainly do, they could easily find a decent accessible apartment or modest house, and decent quality clothing and not that terrible unsustainable Walmart crap they're always decked out in.

Have they ever shown the accessibility features of this house, out of curiosity? I bet there's a ton of stairs in there, how does Shane get around? Is there an elevator? So excessive. A bungalow would have done just fine.
Can you say imagine their heating bill for the winter jeeez 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I agree his dad published a book about ten years ago something about Harley motorbikes I think and Shane’s grandad was a lecturer at some university so I think it’s about knowing the right people getting a foot in the door it’s not about you’re working being good (Shane’s definitely isn’t ) it’s about who you know and if they have prominence I think that’s what helped Shane get his book out and his cult like following .. it really is like a cult it’s scary! I think his dad probably pushed him Shane’s had his ego stroked his whole life no one will tell him no or deny him anything he’s spoilt!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
I agree his dad published a book about ten years ago something about Harley motorbikes I think and Shane’s grandad was a lecturer at some university so I think it’s about knowing the right people getting a foot in the door it’s not about you’re working being good (Shane’s definitely isn’t ) it’s about who you know and if they have prominence I think that’s what helped Shane get his book out and his cult like following .. it really is like a cult it’s scary! I think his dad probably pushed him Shane’s had his ego stroked his whole life no one will tell him no or deny him anything he’s spoilt!
The father has the English teacher day dream flaky vibe to him. I know he isn’t actually an English teacher but the writing is so existentialist four letter sentences. Their fans are bots anyways you can purchase as many bots as you want when you’re 🤑 rich. Someone behind the curtain pulled a bunch of strings then once the advertisers have grabbed them there’s no actual fans I’d say most of the people who search him up or stumble on him are disabled or newly diagnosed disabled then a sprinkling of people who may actually learn something about disability like the sbsk viewers but let’s be honest it’s more shock value and freak show than anyone would like to admit. It’s all someone behind the curtain nothing grass roots / : / organic about it
And then yeah the sceptics who Hannah address and acknowledges every day basically

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I wonder if this goes deeper than we even know? Like maybe Shane's dad is the mastermind? He didn't want to have to take care of Shane forever or put him in a nursing home, so he met Liz who had a daughter. Liz would be the care giver and Hannah his "wife" like he tried to do with Shannon and Anna. Plus the cousin who helps with the charity? All seems suspicious

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Had I watched that years ago without prior knowledge of Shane's character then, despite the melodramatic approach, I would have probably found it affecting. However, with everything I know about him since I just find it totally cringe. Its terrible because the boy does have a really serious life limiting disease.. but you know what? He has asked for equality so that's what I'm giving him. I'm not excusing his character faults because of his disability, I'm treating him like anyone else.

Shane wants the best of both world tbh : he wants to be treated like anyone else, but could he really face the reality that he is an (at best) mediocre writer with very little talent. Does he realise that when people compliment his humour and intelligence its because they pity him.

• Heart
Had I watched that years ago without prior knowledge of Shane's character then, despite the melodramatic approach, I would have probably found it affecting. However, with everything I know about him since I just find it totally cringe. Its terrible because the boy does have a really serious life limiting disease.. but you know what? He has asked for equality so that's what I'm giving him. I'm not excusing his character faults because of his disability, I'm treating him like anyone else.

Shane wants the best of both world tbh : he wants to be treated like anyone else, but could he really face the reality that he is an (at best) mediocre writer with very little talent. Does he realise that when people compliment his humour and intelligence its because they pity him.
I remember when I first found out about them this time around in 2018 I felt so sorry for him and now I think he’s the biggest asshole going

• Heart
Ding!Ding!Ding! OMG, @Jbogie, I believe you have filled in the missing pieces of this very bizarre puzzle. Wow. That would make perfect sense if Shane's dad already knew Liz.

The connection to the publishing world and to the media is through Shane's dad. When Shane was a child his dad wrote a children's book called "The Sidecar King." It was about a boy who was disabled and not able to ride with his dad on a motorcycle (or perhaps ATV, can't remember) so he sat in a sidecar and got to enjoy the ride that way. It was a sweet book and I do believe Mr Burcaw wrote it out of love for Shane. Mr Burcaw is also a musician and makes custom guitars for people. I'm sure he has made lots of connections throughout the years in his line of work.

By the time Shane made that cooking video with Shannon, he already had a full production team behind him and had appeared on local radio shows and written articles for the local newspaper. Keep in mind that that video was not a "homemade" production filmed on a tripod. There was a professional lighting crew, cameramen with overhead mics and an editing team. These people don't just show up in your kitchen. (Thank God!! 😂)

I don't begrudge Shane his successes. He was dealt a rough hand in life and forged ahead anyway. He does have a strong work ethic and is clearly very, very smart. HOWEVER, he is also an entitled little brat with a mean streak who really doesn't give a tit about disability rights. He uses his public platform to show everyone how he got the "hot" girl and lives in a million dollar home. End. There is no other point to his channel or public appearances.

• Heart
Ding!Ding!Ding! OMG, @Jbogie, I believe you have filled in the missing pieces of this very bizarre puzzle. Wow. That would make perfect sense if Shane's dad already knew Liz.

The connection to the publishing world and to the media is through Shane's dad. When Shane was a child his dad wrote a children's book called "The Sidecar King." It was about a boy who was disabled and not able to ride with his dad on a motorcycle (or perhaps ATV, can't remember) so he sat in a sidecar and got to enjoy the ride that way. It was a sweet book and I do believe Mr Burcaw wrote it out of love for Shane. Mr Burcaw is also a musician and makes custom guitars for people. I'm sure he has made lots of connections throughout the years in his line of work.

By the time Shane made that cooking video with Shannon, he already had a full production team behind him and had appeared on local radio shows and written articles for the local newspaper. Keep in mind that that video was not a "homemade" production filmed on a tripod. There was a professional lighting crew, cameramen with overhead mics and an editing team. These people don't just show up in your kitchen. (Thank God!! 😂)

I don't begrudge Shane his successes. He was dealt a rough hand in life and forged ahead anyway. He does have a strong work ethic and is clearly very, very smart. HOWEVER, he is also an entitled little brat with a mean streak who really doesn't give a tit about disability rights. He uses his public platform to show everyone how he got the "hot" girl and lives in a million dollar home. End. There is no other point to his channel or public appearances.
I am a MSc graduate in computer science. your and my definition of smart for sure is not the same lol. I am surrounded by people who I consider smart.
withouth sounding smug, shane ain't tit in the intelligence department. a freshman at my college would smoke him in any aspect, even writing.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I don't think he's super smart, I think he has been groomed. His writing is not fantastic and most of his business decisions are made by the cousin who works the charity. His "appearances" are just him showing up with Hannah saying generic stuff about his life and how if you put your mind to it you can do anything, most people probably book him so they look "inclusive" and don't care about the message all that much. His channel is dumb and run by Hannah who is not disabled (as far as we know). And it's mostly just a cash grab.
He has had the help of a thousand men in his life, he is not self made like he thinks he is.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I don’t think Shane is intelligent as he makes out to be tbh I think he’s very good at manipulating people though! I think his intelligence is average ..as is writing is it’s not that creative or intelligent or even funny he has to bring others down in his books to know himself look good

• Heart
Yeah for sure huge crew behind the curtain on that one. Not to mention the revealed crew in Shannon and Shane’s now deleted cooking video. Someone had their eye on him yeah… the dad yeah.. I like it how shane immediately replied to “hot Hannah” but never bothers with half the disabled folk who reach out to him. And as pointed out here the house is entirely unsuitable for a wheelchair user stupid stairs everywhere with cheap temporary ramps chucked on
So true. He's very quick to respond to messages from hot able bodied women, but ignores the disabled community. Can't even be arsed to reply to Sabia and Loren's comments. I don't remember who said so but someone in a thread here mentioned him snubbing other disabled people who have reached out to him and his "foundation". He's just a little perv who wants a hot broad on his lap at all times to make him feel like a man and that's it.

Also, speaking of his foundation, isn't it amusing how it's called Laughing at my Nightmare when they always yell at people talking about disability in a negative light? Especially Hannah. She flips out any time anybody complains about disability being difficult, even disabled people themselves! But Shane refers to his as a literal nightmare and that's okay. Hypocrites. That poor child who had their gofundme shut down by Hannah because the parents said they're "suffering" probably doesn't find the name of his organization to be very amusing right now.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
You are so right! Why is it okay for him to call it a nightmare, but nobody else? It's a dumb name if you ask me, because he's not even funny

Reactions: 8
So true. He's very quick to respond to messages from hot able bodied women, but ignores the disabled community. Can't even be arsed to reply to Sabia and Loren's comments. I don't remember who said so but someone in a thread here mentioned him snubbing other disabled people who have reached out to him and his "foundation". He's just a little perv who wants a hot broad on his lap at all times to make him feel like a man and that's it.

Also, speaking of his foundation, isn't it amusing how it's called Laughing at my Nightmare when they always yell at people talking about disability in a negative light? Especially Hannah. She flips out any time anybody complains about disability being difficult, even disabled people themselves! But Shane refers to his as a literal nightmare and that's okay. Hypocrites. That poor child who had their gofundme shut down by Hannah because the parents said they're "suffering" probably doesn't find the name of his organization to be very amusing right now.
In his early days on the blog he made it clear that he doesn’t gel with other disabled people and yes they can be a grim reminder of the reality of your own limitations when you meet them as a disabled person with a similar condition therefore he made it clear some time ago that he wanted to be included in nornal settings not banished to disabled settings. So yeah hot girls have more appeal and all that yup he wants to be a normal guy getting cuties slide into his dms not disabled community BUT he also has put together a massive not for profit showing he is intermingled in this community therefore he has got to at least honour this be replying to less trolls, haters, exposers and hotties and put some time and energy into acknowledgment of his audience which is likely the disabled community.
yeah the dad is behind the curtain, I read a comment he posted to Shannon’s pic calling her “gorgeous” so yuck and creepy. By the third candidate: Hannah he knew how to play the cards better prob stuffed up Shannon and Anna.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It is a very narcissistic trait it’s always the ones pushing this “positivity” who are the most nastiest narcissistic pieces of tit you’ll ever come across I’ve been unfortunate to have an ex like that to the world they preached all this love and positivity but they were just gold digging emotionally abusive narcissistic users that luckily they’re friends found out and I did all the hard way … shane is no different he’s a nasty piece of tit he really is he emotionally manipulates people to get what he wants I mean who will say no to the “sweet” disabled guy
Yes exactly!!
So sorry to hear you went through that with your ex!
The kindest people are the ones who don’t go on about how kind and grateful they are etc, they just show it through their actions quietly, in my experience. It’s such a red flag to see virtue signalling!

The mansion really gets me going. What do TWO (just TWO!!!!) young people need a huge house like that for? How excessive and wasteful! It's unsustainable to live so large in this day and age. These big suburban homes are terrible for the environment because they sprawl out so much and take up all this land, use up all these resources etc. Imagine their utilities bill. Large houses like theirs should be for big families or multiple families, not a pair of young lazy dullards. Go live in an apartment or an appropriately sized house like normal milennials. I get that Shane's wheelchair needs space and their home needs to be accessible but was a MANSION necessary? How many people aged 28 are living like this? What do they need all that for, unless Liz and Mr. Aylward are living there too because they do all the real work for their royal highnesses.... hmmm.

Unsustainable lifestyles really piss me off, same with Hannah's obsession with fast fashion. If they have good money, which they most certainly do, they could easily find a decent accessible apartment or modest house, and decent quality clothing and not that terrible unsustainable Walmart crap they're always decked out in.

Have they ever shown the accessibility features of this house, out of curiosity? I bet there's a ton of stairs in there, how does Shane get around? Is there an elevator? So excessive. A bungalow would have done just fine.
Agree totally! It’s also sending a really weird message that it’s normal to live like this for someone in their situation, which it isn’t! It’s harmful, selfish and irresponsible. The mansion money could have helped other disabled charities. Most of that house must be wasted as they sit in a small part of it giggling into a camera and then go to lay in the bed.

I don’t think Shane is intelligent as he makes out to be tbh I think he’s very good at manipulating people though! I think his intelligence is average ..as is writing is it’s not that creative or intelligent or even funny he has to bring others down in his books to know himself look good
Yes you’re right, his conversation seems to have a really narrow scope. He never really discusses anything political that I’ve seen or anything thought provoking. His manipulation has got him this far in terms of the fame and mansion etc.

Last edited:
  • Heart
In his early days on the blog he made it clear that he doesn’t gel with other disabled people and yes they can be a grim reminder of the reality of your own limitations when you meet them as a disabled person with a similar condition therefore he made it clear some time ago that he wanted to be included in nornal settings not banished to disabled settings. So yeah hot girls have more appeal and all that yup he wants to be a normal guy getting cuties slide into his dms not disabled community BUT he also has put together a massive not for profit showing he is intermingled in this community therefore he has got to at least honour this be replying to less trolls, haters, exposers and hotties and put some time and energy into acknowledgment of his audience which is likely the disabled community.
yeah the dad is behind the curtain, I read a comment he posted to Shannon’s pic calling her “gorgeous” so yuck and creepy. By the third candidate: Hannah he knew how to play the cards better prob stuffed up Shannon and Anna.
Wow I have no words yet I’m sure they kicked a big fuss over people being “ableist” because some people wouldn’t date disabled people .. it’s what people like like I won’t date men doesn’t mean I hate them 😂they aren’t the biggest hypocrites going . So it’s all fine for Shane to not want to date disabled people but if anyone else says so they are able list ok then

Yes exactly!!
So sorry to hear you went through that with your ex!
The kindest people are the ones who don’t go on about how kind and grateful they are etc, they just show it through their actions quietly, in my experience. It’s such a red flag to see virtue signalling!

Agree totally! It’s also sending a really weird message that it’s normal to live like this for someone in their situation, which it isn’t! It’s harmful, selfish and irresponsible. The mansion money could have helped other disabled charities. Most of that house must be wasted as they sit in a small part of it giggling into a camera and then go to lay in the bed.

Yes you’re right, his conversation seems to have a really narrow scope. He never really discusses anything political that I’ve seen or anything thought provoking. His manipulation has got him this far in terms of the fame and mansion etc.
Thankyou lovely ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.