Squirmy and Grubs #7 Saucy and Gramps and JamaicanPain.. comments are better than the vids

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Since nobody noticed, scammy and greedy shared a new community post on Youtube. Shane and co. are starting another scam. They only need 30.000 dollars, no big deal. See screenshots attached. By the way, Shane's writing style is awful and not to the point. In some fields of work he would get bashed for beating around the bush like this. Little fucker tries too hard to be Shakespeare.
are we going to ignore the comment above on the fourth screenshot? it’s the million dollar question. shane loves a good bit of eye candy, even if said eye candy is a relative 🤮

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
30 thousand? I don’t know exactly how much ad revenue each video can produce but they have a ton a multi million view videos that probably have made them that much with a zero added on. Narcissistic writing style aside, why is he nervous to ask for money? Is that his idea of humility? Or does he know it looks real bad after they just bought the mansion? What a tit. I agree that if he really cared about the cause, he’d just not take a salary from LAMN or he’d donate from his own good fortune. That’s what giving back is all about. What a farce!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
are we going to ignore the comment above on the fourth screenshot? it’s the million dollar question. shane loves a good bit of eye candy, even if said eye candy is a relative 🤮
Reminds me of this blog post of his saying he'd marry his cousin if he could 🤮 (screenshot below)

He's staring right at her vagina
Staring at her vagina like all those restaurant meals he can't eat, either.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
So, they finally posted a video addressing his weight loss today and surprise.... It was a bunch of bs as always. They basically launch into a story about how Shane was trying to lose weight a year or so ago to see if it would help his arm movement, without consulting a doctor lol. So, he cut back on the shakes he drinks and he lost some weight. It's not an emergency and it's not a LOT of weight loss, don't worry! So, he just has to gain a little weight back by consuming the full shakes again, and some high calorie meals - because we all believe he eats those. It's no big deal at all, and they know what they need to do guys! Of course, Hannah never fails to make her aggressive comment about people noticing his weight loss, and that you should never comment on people's appearance :rolleyes: No mention of a feeding tube, even though that would definitely be the best thing for the weight loss.. Who knows, they may do that and just not tell anyone. God forbid his image of a 'masculine male in a wheel chair' is ruined by the reality of his condition. How convenient that he was trying to lose weight to explain the weight loss that's happened... Also, convenient he of course didn't ask his doctor if that was a good idea or not; just decided hey, I think this is a good idea to try! I don't know why so many people fall for these bs stories.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
So, they finally posted a video addressing his weight loss today and surprise.... It was a bunch of bs as always. They basically launch into a story about how Shane was trying to lose weight a year or so ago to see if it would help his arm movement, without consulting a doctor lol. So, he cut back on the shakes he drinks and he lost some weight. It's not an emergency and it's not a LOT of weight loss, don't worry! So, he just has to gain a little weight back by consuming the full shakes again, and some high calorie meals - because we all believe he eats those. It's no big deal at all, and they know what they need to do guys! Of course, Hannah never fails to make her aggressive comment about people noticing his weight loss, and that you should never comment on people's appearance :rolleyes: No mention of a feeding tube, even though that would definitely be the best thing for the weight loss.. Who knows, they may do that and just not tell anyone. God forbid his image of a 'masculine male in a wheel chair' is ruined by the reality of his condition. How convenient that he was trying to lose weight to explain the weight loss that's happened... Also, convenient he of course didn't ask his doctor if that was a good idea or not; just decided hey, I think this is a good idea to try! I don't know why so many people fall for these bs stories.
I would like to add a disclaimer regarding their new video: at around the 4:22 minute mark Shane starts "singing". If you don't want to puke your brains out I suggest skipping to about minute 6:00. Of course the fans loved his singing and even suggested that he should record some songs. One guy said he has an amazing voice. Oh, attached is a filthy comment too, enjoy!
PS: as you can see, that kitchen is the size of some people's living room, if not bigger (European standards btw)

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
tbf, he didn't have a lot of weight to possibly lose before he lost weight so its just semantics at this point

Reactions: 7
“We know exactly what happened.”

Did they forget that they told the world that they discontinued his feeding tube because he didn’t want to do it anymore? How long did it take them to cook up this new story that he intentionally cut back his shakes because he wanted to LOSE weight? Gimme a break.

The ONLY part of the video I believe is that the shakes make him nauseous. A little glimmer of truth in a sea of lies. Imagine how Buffalo wings and French fries would make him feel. He’s one fragile little pup.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Its unbelievable how incapable they are of being honest about ANYTHING. Shanes ego is as fragile as his body. Its admirable when people are humble and honest about things that may be a little embarrassing, something Shane really needs to learn. Their braindead fans will believe anything they say but just about everyone else on Earth isnt nearly as naive as they apparently think they are. They continue to do an outstanding job of showing everyone that theyre the most dishonest vloggers on youtube.

• Heart
It's completely illogical to believe that a man who has spent all of his life in a condition which means that maintaining his weight is critically important should suddenly, with no input from his highly trained medical team, decide that he needs to lose weight to improve his condition. It's insane.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Hmmm seems to me he hiding behind the guise of using his none profit for all disabilities to get more money for himself greedy fucker he makes me so mad!

Yeah shane I’m sure people have spare money during lockdowns you know people losing their jobs and having families to provide for he’s disgusting his greed is disgusting I bet hardly any of this money goes to his “none profit” the majority goes to his bank I do feel sorry for anyone who donates to the “none profit” they probably feel like they are doing amazing when in fact they are just paying for these scammers to live a life of luxury

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Since nobody noticed, scammy and greedy shared a new community post on Youtube. Shane and co. are starting another scam. They only need 30.000 dollars, no big deal. See screenshots attached. By the way, Shane's writing style is awful and not to the point. In some fields of work he would get bashed for beating around the bush like this. Little fucker tries too hard to be Shakespeare.
In the first screen shot of the 4 you posted, Shane claims that in the "almost 10 years" since LAMN was formed, they've given away over half a million $USD for adaptive equipment, etc. I have accessed LAMN's Form 990s from 2015 through 2020, and so they MAY have provided over half a million, but I think he's fudging that number. Unfortunately the 2015 form wasn't complete, but the totals from 2016 through 2020 were reported to have been distributed as follows:

2016: $28,136

2017: $31,154

2018: $64,096

2019: $66,232

2020: $55,048

2020 (the $100 cards): $86,900

Total: $331,566

You can see more details here:

Look at this quote from their "Our Programs" section on Guidestar.org:

"Since 2015, Laughing At My Nightmare has helped families who have a member affected by muscular dystrophy, with grants in the range of $500-$50,000. These grants have helped families obtain adaptive equipment such as van ramps, adjustable beds and technology. We look to help as many individuals as financially possible within a year."

So the 501(c)(3) MAY have been founded "almost" 10 years ago (2011 or 2012), but in their own words they only began distributing "grants" to families in 2015, so other than the amount distributed IN 2015, plus whatever they may have distributed in 2021, there's no way they've given out "over half a million $" in "almost 10 years" UNLESS 2021 has been a record-breaking year. Not saying it hasn't been, but even if they've hit $100,000 in 2021, they haven't distributed "over half a million $." Doesn't add up.

Now, it doesn't seem likely they were raking in a lot of contributions prior to 2016. You can see that the total increased annually. By the way, Guidestar reports they were granted 501(c)(3) status in 2013 (2021-2013 = 8 years, not "almost 10"), and whatever, if anything, they paid out in 2015, plus any distributions in 2021, I think it's fair to assume, haven't amounted to $169,000 in 2015 and to date in 2021. That's how much more they would have needed to report distributed to exceed a total of "over half a million $."

I agree with others that $30,000, when you're paying yourself and your cousin (as of 2020) over $106,000 in "compensation" (not to mention rolling around in your $2-million McMansion and dining (as someone said, Hannah dines, Shane watches), that you could stick a crowbar in your wallets and throw a portion of that back into the actual charity. You know, lead by example!

I love math!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
He needs a PEG tube fitting then he can receive high quality nutrition without having to swallow it. It'll stop the nausea and the risk of aspiration when swallowing.

He needs a PEG tube fitting then he can receive high quality nutrition without having to swallow it. It'll stop the nausea and the risk of aspiration when swallowing.
Shane has said that the docs can't do a PEG because he essentially "sits" on his stomach when he is in his wheelchair and that would cause too many problems with it. The ONLY reason I believe him is that he has such severe scoliosis he really can't sit upright. How do I know? From the naked, or nearly naked, photos of himself he has blasted over the internet.

Even if technology has advanced, however, he still wouldn't undergo this life-prolonging surgery. He'd lose too many food related sponsors!

I just had a sick visualization of Hannah cooking a Hello Fresh meal and then, on camera, putting it in a blender and inserting it into Shane via a feeding syringe. Only now they're getting sponsored by the company that makes the blender. "Look! It can even juice a ham! Just apply the following S & G CODE for 10% off your first order!!!!"

I know my jokes are harsh but, Dear Lord, their lies are just beyond the pale.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
In the first screen shot of the 4 you posted, Shane claims that in the "almost 10 years" since LAMN was formed, they've given away over half a million $USD for adaptive equipment, etc. I have accessed LAMN's Form 990s from 2015 through 2020, and so they MAY have provided over half a million, but I think he's fudging that number. Unfortunately the 2015 form wasn't complete, but the totals from 2016 through 2020 were reported to have been distributed as follows:

"Since 2015, Laughing At My Nightmare has helped families who have a member affected by muscular dystrophy, with grants in the range of $500-$50,000. These grants have helped families obtain adaptive equipment such as van ramps, adjustable beds and technology. We look to help as many individuals as financially possible within a year."

So the 501(c)(3) MAY have been founded "almost" 10 years ago (2011 or 2012), but in their own words they only began distributing "grants" to families in 2015, so other than the amount distributed IN 2015, plus whatever they may have distributed in 2021, there's no way they've given out "over half a million $" in "almost 10 years" UNLESS 2021 has been a record-breaking year. Not saying it hasn't been, but even if they've hit $100,000 in 2021, they haven't distributed "over half a million $." Doesn't add up.

Now, it doesn't seem likely they were raking in a lot of contributions prior to 2016. You can see that the total increased annually. By the way, Guidestar reports they were granted 501(c)(3) status in 2013 (2021-2013 = 8 years, not "almost 10"), and whatever, if anything, they paid out in 2015, plus any distributions in 2021, I think it's fair to assume, haven't amounted to $169,000 in 2015 and to date in 2021. That's how much more they would have needed to report distributed to exceed a total of "over half a million $."

I agree with others that $30,000, when you're paying yourself and your cousin (as of 2020) over $106,000 in "compensation" (not to mention rolling around in your $2-million McMansion and dining (as someone said, Hannah dines, Shane watches), that you could stick a crowbar in your wallets and throw a portion of that back into the actual charity. You know, lead by example!

I love math!
If I had reliable data or financial statements I could easily make a spreadsheet and do basic accounting. Numbers don't lie. Your analysis already shows they are exaggerating. It sounds better when you say: "over 500.000 USD" instead of for example "420.000 USD". All in all they aren't transparant and they are probably lying about the "support" they have given. I don't know where I can find their financial statements. Is LAMN's data public information?

Reactions: 10
Raising a mere $500K over ten years is not that impressive, at least for the level they hype up the org (aka their tax shelter). Of course anything that helps people in need is good but I just doubt they really have. Someone posted LAMN 990s awhile back, I’d love to see what their expenses over 10 years were.

I love math!
Thank you for this deep dive! Even worse than I suspected.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
They're such liars. In the prior video Hannah talks about how Shane was too upset about the doctor's visit to talk about it then and in this video he says that the doctors "were not concerned" and just casually asked him to gain some weight.

Also them downplaying his emaciated frame with Shane saying "I've always looked thin" and Hannah making a strawman that people think Shane should look how she looks LMAOOOO... his weight is NOT normal for someone with SMA type 2. Look at this woman who also has type 2 and how much healthier she looks than Shane. Her insta handle is wheelchair_rapunzel and she has more photos there. She looks healthy: https://www.health.com/condition/genetic-disorders/spinal-muscular-atrophy-influencer

If Shane starts looking better somewhat soon it's likely because he started using a feeding tube. The doctor he saw probably demanded that he use it which is why he was so upset after the appointment. I'm guessing they're going to go the lying route of pretending the weight gain was all done with milkshakes. A feeding tube isn't really ideal when your sponsor is Hello Fresh and S&G are all about that bottom line $$$

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

I love math!
Thank you very much for a fantastic, very well researched/written post about S and G and their taxes, Fred Flintstone :)!!! I always am grateful for how you make your math and tax analysis approachable, detailed and fun to read! You're completely right about them fudging the numbers-I guess they think that half a million in donations sounds more impactful than $331,566, when they're outright lying- like how makeup companies say, "One tube of our mascara is purchased every three seconds." S and G absolutely should put their own money back into the non profit rather than repeatedly begging from fans and starting more campaigns during record job loss and financial hardship throughout the world.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
They're such liars. In the prior video Hannah talks about how Shane was too upset about the doctor's visit to talk about it then and in this video he says that the doctors "were not concerned" and just casually asked him to gain some weight.

Also them downplaying his emaciated frame with Shane saying "I've always looked thin" and Hannah making a strawman that people think Shane should look how she looks LMAOOOO... his weight is NOT normal for someone with SMA type 2. Look at this woman who also has type 2 and how much healthier she looks than Shane. Her insta handle is wheelchair_rapunzel and she has more photos there. She looks healthy: https://www.health.com/condition/genetic-disorders/spinal-muscular-atrophy-influencer

If Shane starts looking better somewhat soon it's likely because he started using a feeding tube. The doctor he saw probably demanded that he use it which is why he was so upset after the appointment. I'm guessing they're going to go the lying route of pretending the weight gain was all done with milkshakes. A feeding tube isn't really ideal when your sponsor is Hello Fresh and S&G are all about that bottom line $$$
I know, they contradict everything they say all the time. If it wasn't a medical emergency he wouldn't have been that upset about just having to drink his full shakes and gain some weight back... Such liars. His weight isn't normal, even for his condition! I don't know how he could even make up that story about trying to lose weight, without consulting his doctor, because he might have more mobility... As if any reasonable person believes that lie! I agree, definitely the feeding tube, which they will never admit if they start using again. They have to get their sponsorships and keep up appearances after all! lol

Reactions: 10
Putting aside all the other ridiculousness of this whole situation, I noticed Hannah outed herself about another lie. In their first video when they click baited the weight loss and continued to just do a video about socks, Hannah said Shane was too upset to talk or film and they would do it another time. Yet in this latest video she says we thought you'd lost a bit but we didn't know how much, NOT UNTIL TODAY WHEN YOU WERE WEIGHED. So they clearly came straight back home and made this video on the same day as the appointment but dragged it out and managed to get yet another video with the same oh no weight loss click bait title. Shane wasn't too upset after all.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.