Spill: Quality tea or Bane of Society?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just wanting to see where everyone is at on this because I don't understand why Spill is now public enemies number 1 to 11 (however many there are of them).

The Channel(s):
Spill, a "tea" channel focusing on explaining and recapping YouTube dramas, began in September 2018 and rocketed to 900k in just under a year.

Spill was followed by another channel: Brew, which focuses on science, and then Grill, which focused on recapping the same topic whilst not being as entertaining as Spill.

The three began to reference each other in videos and pin each others' comments. They were legion. They were infinite. Their numbers began to darken the skies of every world.

Then came ANOTHER channel.

Endgame
"On the Hill" is an animated series (featuring Spill, Brew, Grill and even a guy named Chill interacting). It was at this point that people began to feel spill was more of a fictional character than a girl sat at home making videos, and that the authenticity wasn't there. After all, would you rather get your drama news from a human being, or a cartoon character?

The "Big Issue":
D'Angelo Wallace and Petty Paige have released videos claiming that Spill is not a fun group of friends making videos with each other, but an actual CORPORATION trying to run "authentic" creator drama channels out of down with superior manpower enabling them to crank out videos of high quality faster than a one man band. They claim that Spill steals other creators' sources and tweets and waits to release their videos after everyone else (so they have other drama channels doing their research for them effectively) then swoops in and gets all the views from their larger audience.

The Debunking?
After a few days radio silence, Spill released an 8 minute video today seemingly debunking this.

Watch it here

It's also worth noting that Spill's credit sections in their videos are usually very extensive.

But drama channels have been skeptical and dismissive on twitter. Petty Paige has made two videos on Spill in the last few days, and though public opinion still seems to be on Spills side today after that video, Paige promises that part three will change all our minds...

Conclusion?
So, what do you think? Personally, if what spill said is true I'm not fussed about a group doing YouTube. Channels like Rare Earth and Fort Nine clearly take more than one person to make and I appreciate the extra production power and research that goes into them. Why not have a group commentary channel, especially one that remains calm and focused on the receipts, not on deliberately stirring up hate and picking sides?

On the other hand, why not be more up front about being a group from the start? The lack of transparency did annoy me. How can we trust Spill if they're not open with us until they're forced to be? How do we know they weren't lying in their most recent video?

Tbh though, imo I feel like a lot of these drama channels are just jumping on and trying to squash a rival while they have the chance and it's actually made me lose respect for them (by which I mean Teaspill, already had zero respect for Nick Snidely and Dustin Dozy)

Yeah I could be looking like a clown soon, but Petty Paige has overpromised and underdelivered in the past...so maybe I'm not the one who should have some big red noses ready 🤡

Reactions: 4
Hang on so spill might be from a group like BuzzFeed or the soul publishing?

That would make sense as it is more polished and cranks them out at a rate.

Sadly the internet is full of it these days, it's a bit like when Tesco did their chain of coffee shops to make them look independent.

Reactions: 3
My issue with the drama community is, they’re embarrassing. The arse licking, the collaborations, who’s best friends with who and who’s fighting with who, the meet-ups that lead to drunk lives 🤦‍♀️ 2 weeks later more arguments.
Tea by Ali, Ashley Kyle, Rich Lux, Dustin and Nick, they could not be any further up Jeffree Stars ass.
They joke about being on payroll but I’d respect that, at least they were getting paid to be brown nosing but they’re not. They’re just fans 🤦‍♀️

What I like about spill is all the bullshit is left out of it. Because i got sick of the bullshit 😐 and the majority of them seem to be angry Americans who don’t want to be seen on camera 🤣

There is something dodgy about how fast the channel has grown and where it came from, but Paige didn’t do anything to change my mind about it as a channel, I’d rather watch that then a weird ass high pitched woman saying “I love you so so much, I love you so much” to her fans who spend insane amounts of money on super chat.
a lot of the “tea” channels are doing lives and premieres to get fans to donate to them,
that doesn’t sit well with me.

Reactions: 3
My issue with the drama community is, they’re embarrassing. The arse licking, the collaborations, who’s best friends with who and who’s fighting with who, the meet-ups that lead to drunk lives 🤦‍♀️ 2 weeks later more arguments.
Tea by Ali, Ashley Kyle, Rich Lux, Dustin and Nick, they could not be any further up Jeffree Stars ass.
They joke about being on payroll but I’d respect that, at least they were getting paid to be brown nosing but they’re not. They’re just fans 🤦‍♀️

What I like about spill is all the bullshit is left out of it. Because i got sick of the bullshit 😐 and the majority of them seem to be angry Americans who don’t want to be seen on camera 🤣

There is something dodgy about how fast the channel has grown and where it came from, but Paige didn’t do anything to change my mind about it as a channel, I’d rather watch that then a weird ass high pitched woman saying “I love you so so much, I love you so much” to her fans who spend insane amounts of money on super chat.
a lot of the “tea” channels are doing lives and premieres to get fans to donate to them,
Absolutely, I watch tea spill sometimes but most of the drama community are frankly too embarrassing to listen to without cringing.

Spill could by run by 4 leopards in silly hats and I'd probably still tune in because they're not cringy Jeffree shills or egotistical maniacs. I like the calm informational approach, a smart individual would probably try to copy that With their own spin if they're starting a drama channel today.

Reactions: 2

Yel

Their explanation video went down well with 95% likes but still losing subs

Screenshot_2019-09-02-14-30-32-021_com.android.chrome.jpg

I'm a bit on the fence with this all, it's so easy big companies to put money in to build a team to crush the competition.

Spills explanation video doesn't make much sense as they say they don't have much money but also don't monitise their videos. Not monitising videos only makes sense if they have funding as the AdSense is small change compared to getting brand deals.

They were very quick to put out a reply to petty Paige :LOL:

Reactions: 2
Okay, I created this account only to give this input. I've been suspicious about this channel since the beginning, but I'm also on the spectrum and is paranoid about many things.
This time, my gut seems to have been right.

I recommend you to watch the latest videos of D'Angelo Wallace & Petty Paige. The latter paid the Canadian government to obtain the legal documents to debunk the lies Spill told in order to mislead their audience.
Who's you gonna believe - Spill telling you the "truth", or the proof by the Canadian government?

I will link down below the videos. I recommend strongly to watch Jessie's video first because she is the one holding all the receipts.

(Paige video)

(D'Angelo's latest video about Spill)

I hope this will bring some clarity to this and maybe sadly it's time for us to realize that Youtube isn't so much "You" aka us anymore..

Reactions: 1
Judging by their content so far I like it, it’s detailed and I find the voice over very relaxing 😂. I don’t really care who it’s created by, I’m not going their to learn about Brexit or Trumps latest duck up im going there to switch off for a bit

I can't stand her.