Sophie Milner (previously Fashion Slave?)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am disgusted.. :sick:
does anyone know why they took a test? I thought they'd stay in her filthy apartment over Christmas.
poor Sophie, no one pays her as an influencer for the test even though she mentions it in her story.

Reactions: 3
She seemed to say she had already booked and paid for the test because they were meant to be going to her parents for Christmas. They aren’t going anymore but since she paid for it she was going to do it anyway. So I found it quite ironic when she was complaining about the queue because she was literally adding to it for no reason 🤣

Those sofas she is looking at are FUGLY AF. And will date sooo quickly!? That Navan Sofa Factory that she tagged just gifted one to Cinzia Bay Liszullo so will no doubt be offering one to Sophie before long!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
This is a rant lol.

Does anyone remember the time she was vague af about Jimmy’s job? He works in the “oil industry” she’d say, making it out that he had some high-flying job in the “oil” sector, when really all Jimmy was doing was digging underground and getting covered in oil sludge. What was wrong with saying he was a labourer? Yet at the same time she’ll call out others on their BS but is completely oblivious to her own crap.

She has a lot to say about certain political issues or rather jumping on the same train, but like others it’s just a token post/story before returning to the old materialistic/selfish ways. Wearing certain clothing brands again which were called out for racism during the BLM protests in the summer (whilst stating she’d be boycotting said brands), constantly pushing Topshop clothing when they still haven’t paid their suppliers which are based in developing countries. Whilst she calls out others on their virtue-signalling, Miss Thing needs to check her own self-entitled and princessy ways, as well as her own virtue-signalling.

So many of these influencers complain about being criticised, well maybe if these influencers didn’t share so much of their personal lives like Sophie then people wouldn’t criticise...they’re so far removed from the average joe and complain about tit we’re used to in the daily.

Good God why does she abbreviate everything like the Aussies, but also ends everything with an “o” like the Aussies (Jimmy ain’t even Aussie). Seriously NO ONE says “Sainos”, not even my Aussie family say “saino”. Like dude seriously you don’t sound cool, just stop it’s cringe.

Reactions: 13
Nice of her to video the tit on her rug from Hendrix. Just pick it up, ya filthy animal.

• Sick
Reactions: 10
This is a rant lol.

Does anyone remember the time she was vague af about Jimmy’s job? He works in the “oil industry” she’d say, making it out that he had some high-flying job in the “oil” sector, when really all Jimmy was doing was digging underground and getting covered in oil sludge. What was wrong with saying he was a labourer? Yet at the same time she’ll call out others on their BS but is completely oblivious to her own crap.

She has a lot to say about certain political issues or rather jumping on the same train, but like others it’s just a token post/story before returning to the old materialistic/selfish ways. Wearing certain clothing brands again which were called out for racism during the BLM protests in the summer (whilst stating she’d be boycotting said brands), constantly pushing Topshop clothing when they still haven’t paid their suppliers which are based in developing countries. Whilst she calls out others on their virtue-signalling, Miss Thing needs to check her own self-entitled and princessy ways, as well as her own virtue-signalling.

So many of these influencers complain about being criticised, well maybe if these influencers didn’t share so much of their personal lives like Sophie then people wouldn’t criticise...they’re so far removed from the average joe and complain about tit we’re used to in the daily.

Good God why does she abbreviate everything like the Aussies, but also ends everything with an “o” like the Aussies (Jimmy ain’t even Aussie). Seriously NO ONE says “Sainos”, not even my Aussie family say “saino”. Like dude seriously you don’t sound cool, just stop it’s cringe.
I agree with you, 100%.

Reactions: 5
the stories of her naked in bed and her boyfriend in boxers and the dog shitting just isn’t the content we need

• Sick
Reactions: 15
She is constantly moaning isn’t she. Nothing has changed since I stopped following her.

Title:
Can

I get where you’re coming from and that makes sense too, however, personally what I meant is that renting to maintain a jet-setting/luxury lifestyle isn’t the best and most practical financial advice to be giving your followers. Not only will some fall in to the traps of debt, but also likely not be able to save because not everyone earns a 6 figure salary. It is much wiser to settle with a property than constantly renting; mortgage in the end is cheaper than rent and also an investment, as well as being a lifetime security. I’m sure many people would like to own a property rather than rent as they get older, especially when getting on the property ladder is likely only going to get harder. Having said this I get your perspective, of course there are always different perspectives in renting/buying 😊.
I disagree. Owning a property usually works out to be far more expensive than renting. Renting offers brilliant flexibility with no high entry costs. Owning a property no longer offers the financial security it did years ago. I’m not going to list out the reasons why - you’d know if you bothered to look into it. Also Sophie is not offering anyone advice, she’s sharing her own experience, and if people are stupid enough to make financial decisions based on this small snippet of what she shares, that’s their problem.

Reactions: 6
I disagree. Owning a property usually works out to be far more expensive than renting. Renting offers brilliant flexibility with no high entry costs. Owning a property no longer offers the financial security it did years ago. I’m not going to list out the reasons why - you’d know if you bothered to look into it. Also Sophie is not offering anyone advice, she’s sharing her own experience, and if people are stupid enough to make financial decisions based on this small snippet of what she shares, that’s their problem.
I don’t think it offers security as you get older though does it? I’ve rented before and I now own a home, there’s a stark difference “you’d know if you bothered to look into it ” too. Personally I think it’s better to be a homeowner than constantly rent and move around, if people really are that unhappy with a home they can always sell/move, invest in another property. Most financially stable and sound people state buying is better than renting, I mean you are essentially pouring your coins in to a property you’ll never own and renting is hardly a lifestyle you can keep up as you get older, plus the older you get the harder it becomes to get a mortgage. Either way each to their own. We all have different opinions, there’s always pros and cons to everything, if renting works for someone then that’s great.

Reactions: 7
Renting= dead money.

Anyway, she talks about how renting has advantages of being able to move around and not be stuck in one place. She’s lived in the same flat since I began following her. Is she talking out of her arse again? Or has she rented elsewhere previously?

Sorry to derail but I think saying that renting = dead money is quite a privileged thing to say. Yes, I completely accept the security and investment that comes with buying a property but it is incredibly hard to buy in the U.K. if you don’t earn a certain amount and have no help (and that includes being able to live with family for no rent or reduced rent). It’s not dead money if you need somewhere to live - it’s money that’s not coming back to you, sure, but it’s money that’s providing something to you that you need.

Reactions: 12
Sorry to derail but I think saying that renting = dead money is quite a privileged thing to say. Yes, I completely accept the security and investment that comes with buying a property but it is incredibly hard to buy in the U.K. if you don’t earn a certain amount and have no help (and that includes being able to live with family for no rent or reduced rent). It’s not dead money if you need somewhere to live - it’s money that’s not coming back to you, sure, but it’s money that’s providing something to you that you need.
Sorry if I offended you. Genuinely!!

Reactions: 2
Renting= dead money.

Anyway, she talks about how renting has advantages of being able to move around and not be stuck in one place. She’s lived in the same flat since I began following her. Is she talking out of her arse again? Or has she rented elsewhere previously?
She was renting another flat with 4 (i think) flatmates. Around January 2017 she said she is sick of it and moved here

Reactions: 1
I rented for 5 years, that’s £30k I’ll never see again. Fair enough it gave me a place to live but I can guarantee the landlord made £15k profit (at least) which is the problem.

rent in London is insane and shes probably spending what I spent over 5 years in one year.

Oh yeah, I definitely think the renting system is broken and don't agree with career landlords etc. I just think the write renting off as 'dead money' is over simplistic and not appreciative of how hard it can be to buy for some people

It’s not dead money if it’s enabling you to live a lifestyle that you want to which you wouldn’t otherwise be able to afford i.e. living in central London and it’s quite nice not to have to worry about repairs etc but the cycle of being stuck renting because you cant afford to save for a deposit because you’re paying rent is where it becomes an issue for me.

It’s not dead money if it’s enabling you to live a lifestyle that you want to which you wouldn’t otherwise be able to afford i.e. living in central London and it’s quite nice not to have to worry about repairs etc but the cycle of being stuck renting because you cant afford to save for a deposit because you’re paying rent is where it becomes an issue for me.
Agreed, but a lot of landlords take the piss with repairs etc. The rental market needs a lot more regulation to make it fair.

Reactions: 1
the cycle of being stuck renting because you cant afford to save for a deposit because you’re paying rent is where it becomes an issue for me.
The last part of your post is so important not to mentiom when rent is more pcm that a mortgage repayments would be.

Everything seems to be aquired with a press discount (wonder how much that is) vouchers, kindly gifted or bought then returned. Things purchased no doubt with a discount are flogged in ebloggers yet we are told as viewers we should be buying this stuff (at full price)

She also sells stuff (like her bed!?) on it instagram when she most likely got it with a hefty press discount, writing something like, costs £800 so reasonable offers only showing a screengrab of the webpage, yes sophie costs that much butbhow much did you pay for it??? No doubt hoping ro scam her viewers telling herself they're still paying less than if they bought it new off the website.

I looked at her Christmas stories and she was encouraging people to get pissed and do online shopping claiming she was engaging in the productive task herself, maybe why the dog for so desperate for the loo that is left the deposit on her rug.

I really get the feeling she has bought a new flat and won't be renting. She must be making a money atm.

This is a rant lol.

Total job snob!

At least the man was out there earning a living. Although clearly neither of them are worried about the environment.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.