Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

gizmo

Idea for thread title.

Sophie & Dave - Fatty Potter and the turkey baster of clickbait.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

Liamk91

After yesterday's vlog I felt urged to create a profile just to post my thoughts here.

Myself and my wife have been long time viewers of Sophie and Dave. We started watching them for their Disney vlogs then eventually just started watching their everyday vlogs. I've found some of their content a bit money grabbing, dull or cringey but yesterdays upload really was in another league.

First, I really don't understand why they uploaded a video titled, "We've Been Keeping a Secret", and then proceed not tell their audience what their secret is. I mean, I do understand why they gave their video that title, for views. My point is if they titled the video something like, "Show is Over!", roughly the same number of people would of watched and you would have saved your audience getting annoyed at your use of a click bait title.

Myself and wife actually had to turn off yesterdays video when it got to the pregnancy test part. First, I was quite disgusted that Sophie had peed in a cup and was carrying it around their house- Is this something that other people do?
Secondly, I felt extremely uncomfortable watching a couple literally finding out they are pregnant. Although I have never met Dave & Sophie, I feel like they do put on a bit of an act while vlogging, and watching their reaction to their positive pregnancy test made my skin crawl. I feel there are things that don't need to be filmed and peeing in a cup and revealing the results of your apparent first pregnancy test is definitely something the world did not need to see.
Thirdly, although I only watched around half of the video I found the whole reveal to be insensitive to those who have or are struggling to conceive. I'm certain that some of their audience in some capacity have struggled with getting pregnant and I found filming their first successful attempt in such a public manner would really touch a nerve with some.

I think they have gone about their reveal in totally the wrong way. If you compare their reveal video to Tim Tracker's which saw Tim and Jen having a very honest, excited and down to earth conversation in front of a camera. It's clear to see the difference between a couple who know where to draw the line in their private life and one that doesn't.

I'm happy for the couple, I hope everything goes well for them and will continue to watch their sporadic content but yesterdays video did not sit well with me at all.

Sorry for the essay!

Reactions: 27

Mamabear2

Bit of a lurker here but had to come on and get this off my chest.
I sincerely hope sophie and dave see this message and take note. I am a mum to 2 boys, my second son however was stillborn and at the time I gave birth I ended up having an emergency hysterectomy to save my life. No words can convey how I felt waking up in an intensive care bed to be told of my loss. I myself always imagined I would have a girl (along with the large family i had always set my heart on) however i didnt have gender scans done and my only though of the scans was to make sure my babies were healthy and growing well. It is infuriating and deeply upsetting to listen to such ridiculous statements regarding gender and how they cant imagine having a son and naming him. I would give my life itself for my son to be alive and healthy. They need to take note how insensitive their comments are. Be grateful for the precious life you have growing inside you, I would do anything to be In your position

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
They didn’t tell anyone they were moving until they were already out of the house and back in Cheshire for SECURITY REASONS...

Calm yourself down Beyoncé.
Your fans do seem sectionable but you’re not all that.
The only person who knows your address and looks in the window is probably Uber eats for Dave

• Haha
Reactions: 22

Razzmatazz

Chatty Member
Exactly what we've been saying for weeks, I really hope they take notice of this as it's one of their viewers who is actually going through it and not just us being meany haters...

20200220_182027.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 22

Tessie2020

Ok, I have been a silent watcher of the vlogs and reader on here for a while. At first I thought, great a nice couple not consumed by material things and who seemed to genuinely adore each other and the homey lifestyle which I thought was nice. The more I watch, the more baffled I am by these two. I do not understand Sophie’s food situation. She’s almost thirty and pregnant and she eats like a 8 year old at a party. Has she ever cooked anything other than banana bread? As a mum of a two year old I just think how on Earth are they going to cope with a baby? Like being up for hours at night, the pain post-labour, having no time to yourself etc. They are going to struggle so much. Also, how are you buying clothes and TGIs when you are unemployed and homeless and about to have a child. I DONT UNDERSTAND!! This baffles me. I’m so bored of hearing about them having a girl. They must know that it’s going to look ridiculous if they find out it’s a boy and have to pretend they don’t mind. Also saying they grieve a name is vile. I lost two babies. That’s grief. And finally, to end my rant, she is so mad saying she will love her child as much as chip. You can not compare your baby to a dog. This is speaking as someone with two dogs whom I adore. They do not come close to my actual child.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Ktydor

Chatty Member
Can’t wait for the inevitable -
“Why I’ll be breastfeeding” (where it reveals that Dave will be breastfeeding for sophie), “It pooed everywhere!” (again talking about Dave), and “We’ve been awake for 32 hours!” (Not because of the baby, just Dave making sophie drive all the way to Scotland and back to looking for a limited Edition iron bru protein shake for his ‘gains’).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

Reader130987

VIP Member
I couldn’t help but laugh when she said she would “grieve” the name they have picked for a girl if it’s a boy

Also quite an insensitive use of the word "grieve" when there are many women out there who'd be delighted to carry a baby - of either sex - to full term but aren't able to conceive, or suffer a miscarriage, etc.

Reactions: 20

Razzmatazz

Chatty Member
1.40 in and I'm done. She's crying dropping him off for a night shift at work!

This comment sums it up!
20200219_190233.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 20

Reader130987

VIP Member
It’s sad that for some people it does take years and then these two get through life so easily, even falling pregnant wasn’t an issue for them.
I agree.

I think their issues are going to come once the baby is actually born (not that they'll ever admit it). By that I should make clear that I don't wish them any ill, and sincerely hope they have a healthy, happy baby and a smooth birth etc. But they (and in particular, Sophie), have such an idealistic view of what parenthood will be like that they are bound to be in for a disappointment and/or shock. It won't all be about dressing baby up in pink babygrows (assuming she lucks into having a girl also), and smugly smiling at the camera, clutching baby to bosom, with big owl eyes out in force. She's about to put in the hardest, never-ending shift of her life, for the most demanding of bosses. And I'm definitely here for that. Part-time, no more, Princess.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

BellsAndAlarms

My money is on Belle
I’ve been thinking Belle for days. Because you can’t harp on like this about a name if it’s a family member never talked about or seen in the vlogs and expect others to get or appreciate it. No one watching their vlogs would be emotionally invested in that.

(Warning: Lengthy rant ahead)

My husband and I have been trying for children for 5 years now. We are leaning towards it just not being something we’ll have the pleasure of experiencing together in this life, mostly because accepting that is emotionally easier than to continue hoping so hard for a baby.

I can’t imagine being elated with the news that we are FINALLY pregnant and then losing a child at 10 weeks. Then opening up about my pain only to be so blatantly ignored.

The fact Sophie didn’t even bother to acknowledge this gentle and kind-hearted subscriber who opened up her heart on social media about such an incredible, personal loss is sad to me but it’s enraging this bitch finds the time to thumb out a petty reply with anyone who opposes her. Felt like I was witnessing Drisella (Sophie) and Cinderella in real life!

I would have SO much more respect for her to the point I would consider subbing back to their channel if she just acknowledged and apologized that they came off offensive. But no.

She’s petty, immature and ungrateful for all she has including her accessory baby, overly attached spouse, enabling family and clueless fan following.

I just don’t get how rotten hearted people get EVERYTHING they want out of life.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

EleanorRigby

VIP Member
There new vlog is literally 10 mins
They go to TGI Fridays and Sophie buys a flowery floaty dress. The end.
No no no! You missed the most important bit! THE WHEELS HAVE FALLEN OFF! Yup, it's there for all to see at the end. Sophie takes the piss out of Dave, he minces off, they literally look daggers at each other. There have been hints that they can't actually stand each other but there's the proof. It's uncomfortable to watch

So folks we have: one minimum wage job, one untrained labrador, no Idea how to budget, no home, a baby on the way and two people who cannot stand the sight of each other. #winningatlife

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18

BellsAndAlarms

I literally started an account just to post on this thread. I need to get it off my chest so sorry for the length.

I first found them back in 2017 while researching Disney World for an upcoming trip. I used to LOVE them - they were relatable, they engaged with their audience by asking legit questions (what kind of Disney vlogs would you like to see, what style, etc). I will admit there were whiffs of red flags and something a bit “off” sometimes. For the longest I thought Dave had secret rage issues and she came across as arrogant with a cruel streak. But how could someone with such an innocent voice who bathed herself in pink and prude be nasty? And they are so lovey dovey! So I brushed it away or chucked it up to having a bad day or being nervous in front of the camera.
Then they moved to Scotland and things got..weird...and uncomfortable. Getting Rejected by Disney? Rejected, is a really strong, personal word for not getting a generic job at one of their chain stores.
Then the damn award happened (as one person said on this thread) and it was a downward slide from there.
My jaw slacked once on their live streams when
a fan asked Dave something a long the lines of how did he cope with a bad break up and Sophie HAPPILY chimed in something like I never had that problem. Dave gave her a mean look lol so I believe he has a few redeeming qualities.
I was also so shocked at how she treated the ears she was sent on her Honeymoon by a fan. I thought to myself, someone took the time and hard earned money to make that for you! It’s not like you get sent a bunch of shit; you could have worn them in one of your vlogs to show some appreciation, even if it was only for a bit. She costume changed about 5 times per vlog anyway, just wear them for a damn segment.
Their priorities are no longer on their followers, if it ever was. They think they’re big shit but they don’t even have 30k yet. Not to mention their channel only grew quickly by piggy backing on their “friendships” with other successful you tubers (Whatever happened to her friendship with Jazzy Bum who she used to severely ass kiss a few years ago?).
Now the damn click bait vlog leading up to the baby announcement. What an ass pain.
AlishaMarie said on her video How to be a YouTube Vlogger and make Millions, you won’t buil a following by click baiting- it will get you views but not a fan base, which is what you need to make it in that industry. They should watch that video, for reals.

Now Sophie and Dave have pretty much gone ghost other than a few IG stories here and there and I’ve never been more done in my life. UN.SUB.SCRIBED.
(Okay, rant over. I’m glad I found this thread. It’s good to know I’m not the only person out there who feels this way.)

Reactions: 16

EleanorRigby

VIP Member
Well that was an interesting vlog. We learnt that Dave is a natural Baritone, why he thinks he's a "high Tenor" is anyone's guess. It certainly explains why his singing is so bloody awful, he's constantly straining to sing in a register that's way too high for him.

Anyone else snigger when they're talking about a Babymoon and Dave says Can anyone recommend any Airbnbs and Sophie says Hotels. FFS Sophie, what don't you understand. You are homeless with a baby due in a few months. Your "husband" has a minimum wage job. And you're bleating on about a freakin' holiday? "I need something to look forward to" she said. What about meeting your baby? Isn't that something to look forward to? Oh, sorry, I forgot, you plan to spend all day every day sat on your arse as usual getting Mummy to do all the work. She's unbelievable.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16