Sophie and Dave #40 Soaf’s a liar and dressed like Mrs Doubtfire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Soafs dream was for her and Dave to go full time on YouTube and be this super successful sickly, in LOVE sweet couple, who everyone loves, who has this cute perfect DAUGHTER and that they as a family rise to fame on YouTube and become able to make big money and go to WDW whenever they wanted and buy whatever they wanted and never really work for it.

Her little dream didn't happen the moment she was told she was pregnant with a boy. Her entire dream collapsed. However, I still think she thought them having a baby would catapult them into major YouTube success without much effort. She thought the views would come easily, that they wouldn't have to work too hard for views but then came the global pandemic and fucked up her plans!
By rights though the pandemic should have made things BETTER for them, with so many people forced to stay at home whether shielding or because nothing was open, YT channels would have grown - IF they had decent content, likeable creators and good videos. They failed on all 3 counts and in their case they SHOULD give up the ‘day job’

Reactions: 18
By rights though the pandemic should have made things BETTER for them, with so many people forced to stay at home whether shielding or because nothing was open, YT channels would have grown - IF they had decent content, likeable creators and good videos. They failed on all 3 counts and in their case they SHOULD give up the ‘day job’
Ive said it before but the pandemic was the best thing that ever happened to them (in their eyes) an excuse for dave to quite his job and for them to do absolutely nothing all day, they weren't affected by it in the slightest. They still saw family constantly and got to do what they love doing best, sitting on their arses armed with excuses why they couldn't go out the house

Reactions: 17
One of the best in fulfilled promises has to be all the things they were going to do and places they would go once restrictions were over. Wow!
Will there be an upload today? Does anyone care?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
So untelatable and so uninspiring. Some vloggers live a life none of us have however we watch them as part of us would love that life. Others we watch as they manage work, kids, relationships or a mix of other things that are similar to us.

These 2 are just pure lazy - though maybe there is a teeny part of me that wishes I could be so lazy and clueless that I plodded through life in my bubble, though given the silence coming from the bubble, maybe it’s not quite as blinkered and the truth is starting to sink in

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The should have utilised lockdown with various sit down videos on a variety of topics but they literally filmed themselves slobbing around 😂

Yeah as much as they tried to claim they were ‘anxious’ because of the pandemic, their life continued just as normal - they had no financial worries, they didn’t had job losses or anything. They still got to spend time with family every week. whereas most people’s lives were completely changed. People didn’t see their families for months, the way we worked changed. Many of us had to figure out home working in stressful jobs AND homeschool children. People couldn’t say goodbye to dying loved ones etc

Those two took the bleeping piss and broke the rules as well which I think rubbed people the wrong way and was part their downfall

One of the best in fulfilled promises has to be all the things they were going to do and places they would go once restrictions were over. Wow!
Will there be an upload today? Does anyone care?
Hahah oh yeah I forgot about that promise.

They basically have been to places to eat such as IKEA and the ice cream farm and Trafford centre. 😂👍🏻

I think this is what really turned me to switching off from them. I was still working and had my husband at home on furlough and my primary age child at home doing home school. I was lucky to have him home with her however there was the financial worry as we weren’t sure how long he was going to be on 80% (again we appreciate he was lucky to get paid that while not working). Although my family are in the same country, they’re in different council areas so I didn’t see them for months, missing big birthdays etc. Meanwhile, these 2 just cracked on becoming more and more unrelatable.

This whole time I’m willing them to sort themselves out. I don’t think any of us want them to fail- just do better for themselves and for Banners.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
They were so unrelatable during the pandemic
Sophie wanted to see her mum "for her comfort when she was pregnant"
I didn't see my parents for 4 months when i was pregnant, even when I had to go to hospital as I had a suspected blood clot. My partner and I worked throughout as well and we bought all our baby stuff either online or from supermarkets because no where was open until we got to the 3rd trimester.
They acted so hard done by during the pandemic and they have honestly no idea how lucky they were in comparison to others.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Yeah that’s exactly it, they acted so hard done by yet they:

- Left two jobs that brought in an income AFTER Soaf got pregnant.
- Left a fully furnished house that they had spent a fortune on.
- Decided to go and live with Mummy Ratbags who had to give up her bedroom and share with her teenage daughter so Dave and Soaf could have the master bedroom. They had their laundry done for them, meals cooked for them etc.

They chose to leave their settled life whilst pregnant because ‘Soaf wanted to be near her family.’ Well guess what, you should have found jobs and houses first like pregnant adults have to do.

Not sit in a bedroom, fake crying and asking strangers on the internet to give you money because ‘your babies clothes are neatly folded in carrier bags’ - Yep, they really said that. I recommended you go back and watch that video. Her fake wiping of tears whilst rubbing her pregnant belly is Oscar worthy.

On top of that, they then moved into a nice new bungalow, had free money to buy loads of new things (as they had chucked most of their old belongings...what a luxury!) and yet still spent the entire time complaining.

Soaf, this might come as a shock but many other women gave birth during the pandemic too. Many of them had to go through the majority of labour ALONE. Their partners weren’t allowed in the hospital until the end if AT ALL.

You had your husband home for the entire pregnancy, entire first year of Barneys life and that still wasn’t good enough for you. Nothing is ever good enough for you and that’s why people really dislike you.

YET many of us, work our arses off. Stay at home parents, part time working, full time working, whatever it may be. We work, we provide, we balance it all, we sacrifice, we struggle, we don’t book luxury holidays we can’t bleeping afford because WE WANT TO. We don’t order £100’s of clothes because WE WANT TO. Our families needs come first. Our children have shoes before we have bleeping protein powder and that’s what’s different between a decent parent and you two absolute embarrassments. Sacrifice. You have never ever had to sacrifice anything for Barney and you never will because you are far too selfish to ever put him or his needs first.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
The WDW booking is a bit wild. We had a trip cancelled due to the pandemic and have left that money sitting in the bank waiting until things are more settled and then we’ll consider rebooking. And if something became more of a priority (like our child needing new shoes) then that money would be spent on that - the holiday is bottom of the list of priorities and as much as we all love WDW, we can wait (and that’s with us both with full time jobs and a mortgage so no need to save for any house deposits).

Reactions: 6
Soaf has made a few comments like “oh we ARE saving for a mortgage too” like hunny, where is this money tree hidden? Because looking at your sparse, derelict garden it ain’t in there.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I think this is one of the most frustrating things. A lot of us work so hard and have the balance our money and prioritise. Then they can throw money around though we can see that they are not buying some basic essentials (yes we’re talking shoes for your child S&D). It baffles me and that why part of me can’t bear/bare to watch them and part of me has a morbid fascination with how they do it

Reactions: 7
It’s quite fascinating. How two people who clearly have no money pretend they have money but never run out of money. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
It’s quite fascinating. How two people who clearly have no money pretend they have money but never run out of money. 😂
Maybe this is why we never see the garden:
1. There’s a money tree……. 🌳
Or maybe
2. A gaggle of golden geese……..🐥💰
(I know it’s a chick, there isn’t a goose emoji 🤣)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I think they are worn out after doing approximately 17 mins of work in the last few weeks so have rewarded themselves with a weeks annual leave.....

• Haha
Reactions: 22
The only way theyre saving for a mortgage is if the grandad left them enough for disney and a help to buy deposit which would be 5% of the total amount, but one of them would definitely need a steady income to get a mortgage

Imagine their conversation with a mortgage advisor.

Dave: Yeah so I make motivational gym workout insta reels and she makes fashion inspiration Insta reel.

Mortgage advisor: But your 30 stone pal and she looks like she rolled in a pile of dog hair, waded through an oil spill and was dressed by a blind Armish Grandmother.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I can’t imagine they’d be lucky enough to get a mortgage. A relative of mine had a hard time getting a mortgage because their standard contracted hours weren’t enough but they made double a month than some full timers because they did constant overtime and more than full time working hours. And that was with a good chunk of house deposit. Doubt they could just waltz in with a handful of grandad money and buy a house. I can’t imagine their money being consistent enough to prove to a bank that they can pay a mortgage

And Cheshire prices are pricey! They wouldn’t buy in an area that doesn’t portray her lifestyle

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.