Sophdoeslife #2 SophsDullLife

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread for the most boring girl in make up.

I'd do a thread recap but honestly, there is nothing substantial to report!

Thread title by @chaos 👏🏼👏🏼

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Other than her friendship with Robert Welsh which is insanely odd as most of sophs techniques are what Robert would say go against makeup theory 🤔

Other than her friendship with Robert Welsh which is insanely odd as most of sophs techniques are what Robert would say go against makeup theory 🤔
As shady as he and his brother are… this is what I find most suspish…

Reactions: 3
As shady as he and his brother are… this is what I find most suspish…
Yeah they seem very clique-ish and not bitchy but like they have very similar humour, she wouldn’t fit into that. They’re also very very skilled in what they do and her skills haven’t improved in years. I imagine if she did a video with them she would just sit there and giggle and have nothing interesting to say

Reactions: 7
Great title!
Soph would just be shown how to put make up on properly and not be so orange if she did a video with Robert. She would be shown up entirely and definitely won’t have anything to say. Just giggles like a teenager.

Reactions: 1
I thought I was going to be impressed with the new video she did. Great idea and the palette looks great but her styles are so stale now. She doesn’t ever really leave her comfort zone and it makes me wonder how she’s got so far by being so generic

Reactions: 5
I thought I was going to be impressed with the new video she did. Great idea and the palette looks great but her styles are so stale now. She doesn’t ever really leave her comfort zone and it makes me wonder how she’s got so far by being so generic
Yeah the looks were nothing groundbreaking, no different shapes, just the same old halo eyes and the most basic types of cut creases! If she went on Instagram, she see thousands of ideas from creative and talented muas, it’s not like she can use that as an excuse!
And sorry, but the way she’s doing her brows look ridiculous, she’s not added enough soap or product to them to stick them up enough so that it looks structured, instead they look messier than ever! Like when you just wake up and your brow hairs are all over the place!

Reactions: 6
And sorry, but the way she’s doing her brows look ridiculous, she’s not added enough soap or product to them to stick them up enough so that it looks structured, instead they look messier than ever! Like when you just wake up and your brow hairs are all over the place!
This!! I can’t do soap brows because I never put enough product on and it’s not for everyone, I hope she learns this. There are people on Instagram, YouTube and tiktok who are far more superior in the makeup area than her with way less followers and not enough recognition. It’s just a bit embarrassing at this point for her. She has enough makeup to practice off camera some really amazing looks but I feel like she’s a bit too lazy to do that at times

Reactions: 2
I generally enjoy Sophs content, but it seemed odd to me to try and cram ten looks into one video without finishing any of them fully, while also complaining about how much time the video was taking to film. I think I would have preferred say a week of looks, and film clips each day using her pallette? Then she could have matched the looks to her outfit or something, rather than just trying to rattle through, without even doing her lower lash line etc...

It also bugged me slightly that the donating to the LGBTQ+ charity was just thrown in as an afterthought and she had barely researched who she was donating to. I'm not saying it's an unworthy cause in the slightest, and I absolutely think good for Soph for wanting to fundraise - but as with the actual make up looks, it just seemed a little half-arsed to me?

I was actually really looking forward to the 10 looks video, I wish more influencers would do things like that rather than just showing us a palette once as a "first impression" then we never see it again...it really frustrates me how much make up influencers have just stuffed in a drawer.

Just the usual lazy, unorganised Soph just didn't execute the video well at all, like why was she in such a hurry to get through each look and onto the next one. You'd have thought she'd want to take her time, show some creative looks and showcase her palette at it's full potential.

Also I'm so sick of her going on about the eczema on her eyes, doing 10 looks in 1 day is only going to lead to this flaring up again and then another excuse for her to moan and not post for a week again! The video would have been so much better if she did the looks over a week etc and would have been kinder on her skin as well.

Perhaps if she's struggling to do make up she could reanimate her dead in the water vlog channel and post on that instead. She said ages ago she was thinking of doing some baking videos, maybe she might be better at that than she is make up!

Reactions: 5
I generally enjoy Sophs content, but it seemed odd to me to try and cram ten looks into one video without finishing any of them fully, while also complaining about how much time the video was taking to film. I think I would have preferred say a week of looks, and film clips each day using her pallette? Then she could have matched the looks to her outfit or something, rather than just trying to rattle through, without even doing her lower lash line etc...

It also bugged me slightly that the donating to the LGBTQ+ charity was just thrown in as an afterthought and she had barely researched who she was donating to. I'm not saying it's an unworthy cause in the slightest, and I absolutely think good for Soph for wanting to fundraise - but as with the actual make up looks, it just seemed a little half-arsed to me?
That would have been a much better video idea!
Also throwing in the bit at the end about donating her ad sense to the charity, err by this point I've just skipped through all the ads! 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 3
the looks in her new video were either one color or bunch of colors not blended properly and looking like a mess, the only one that looked decent was the first one...and the fact that she keeps on mentioning that she is filming everything in one day and uses it as an excuse not to do the looks properly... like who’s fault is it that you’re doing videos last minute??? organize your time and do them properly instead of expecting people to clap at you for doing everything last minute...it’s so annoying
And donating to the LGBT+ charity seemed like a desperate attempt to appear woke since she completely forgot it was even pride month until it was over.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Perhaps if she's struggling to do make up she could reanimate her dead in the water vlog channel and post on that instead. She said ages ago she was thinking of doing some baking videos, maybe she might be better at that than she is make up!
I agree with this, she only ever does make-up videos and they're all same-same.
I wish she would be more adventurous with her content and film different types of videos.

Reactions: 1
About her new palette (a bit late haha)
But it’s the same as the extra spice just some tones are different but the colours are the same like
cookie dough =same in both palettes
vitamin C =sunshine
reputation=night owl
sweet n sour=coctail
brownies =same in both palettes
cheesecake = cereal (not the same but pretty similiar)
dreams=not gonna lie
everyday =dreamy (a bit different undertone)
aurora=festive

the only colours I like from her new palette and are different are lockdown,frere,maman,papa

I’m not gonna say anything about the highlighters since I have her first one and makes no sense to buy the small ones cause both are completely the same (I also have her extra spice palette that’s why I compared colours with the new one)

I don’t think there’s anything more annoying than influencers supporting greenwashing. Her saying she’s “all about” recyclable beauty and caring for the planet, what exactly makes her so environmentally friendly? Supporting brands who test on animals? Supporting fast-fashion brands? Releasing several clothing collabs and none of which were made from recycled materials? Her air travel? And just because something’s recyclable doesn’t mean it will get recycled. And let’s be real, revolution is high from eco-friendly brand with the amount of products they release. It’s just so infuriating how these people actually have the opportunity to influence someone in a good way, especially young people, but they’re too lazy to actually educate themselves on important topics.

Reactions: 15
I don’t think there’s anything more annoying than influencers supporting greenwashing. Her saying she’s “all about” recyclable beauty and caring for the planet, what exactly makes her so environmentally friendly? Supporting brands who test on animals? Supporting fast-fashion brands? Releasing several clothing collabs and none of which were made from recycled materials? Her air travel? And just because something’s recyclable doesn’t mean it will get recycled. And let’s be real, revolution is high from eco-friendly brand with the amount of products they release. It’s just so infuriating how these people actually have the opportunity to influence someone in a good way, especially young people, but they’re too lazy to actually educate themselves on important topics.
She seems to be getting a bit of comments like this on her recent video and I’m glad. She does act holier than thou with her recycling and like pointed out, she works with fast fashion and makeup brands that knock out new items every week.
Also, what a surprise about her eyeshadow looks with the brats palette. Literally copy and paste from her previous videos