Solo travel advice & recommendations

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I get anxiety when i travel tbh, though i usually feel better once i'm through airport security and having a pint waiting for the gate to be announced xx

Reactions: 3
I get anxiety when i travel tbh, though i usually feel better once i'm through airport security and having a pint waiting for the gate to be announced xx
Same. I think for me even when I'm not travelling so I'm the "travel dad" for my whole family and friends including my own dad. I have all the passports, information, etc

No wonder I don't want kids lol

• Haha
  • Wow
Got the solo travel blues and I haven't even left yet 😅
I'm going to Porto tomorrow for a few days and the weather is going to be absolutely tit plus I think I'm coming down with a cold. Can't complain though cos my mum already gets so worried about me travelling solo she'll have a breakdown if I'm not having an amazing time 100% of the time!
Trying to push through and still have a nice time 😬
Even if the weather's crap it'll be nice, I actually love being near the sea when it rains! Nice sea air, yummy food, youll have a great time!
---
Got the solo travel blues and I haven't even left yet 😅
I'm going to Porto tomorrow for a few days and the weather is going to be absolutely tit plus I think I'm coming down with a cold. Can't complain though cos my mum already gets so worried about me travelling solo she'll have a breakdown if I'm not having an amazing time 100% of the time!
Trying to push through and still have a nice time 😬
Even if the weather's crap it'll be nice, I actually love being near the sea when it rains! Nice sea air, yummy food, youll have a great time!

• Heart
Can anyone recommend somewhere for a holiday in October? Ideally I want somewhere warm ish and would like a mix of doing something such as exploring a city and relaxing. Looking to go away for 10 to 14 nights.

I am currently thinking Athens and then going to a couple of Islands such as Paros, Naxos etc. Weather in October from googling is low 20s. Has anyone been to Greece in October?

Other alternative is Lisbon and Algarve and a couple of other spots but as it is on the Atlantic I am thinking it would be riskier weather wise.

I am open to long haul but just looking for ideas.

Reactions: 4
Can anyone recommend somewhere for a holiday in October? Ideally I want somewhere warm ish and would like a mix of doing something such as exploring a city and relaxing. Looking to go away for 10 to 14 nights.

I am currently thinking Athens and then going to a couple of Islands such as Paros, Naxos etc. Weather in October from googling is low 20s. Has anyone been to Greece in October?

Other alternative is Lisbon and Algarve and a couple of other spots but as it is on the Atlantic I am thinking it would be riskier weather wise.

Can offer long haul suggestions: Morocco, Mexico and Thailand- all good weather in Oct

Reactions: 1

I've been to Greece at the end of September / start of October before and I really enjoyed it! The weather is warm and comfortable but not hot or humid anymore, and the summer crowds have gone so there's a much more peaceful atmosphere on the islands. Always recommend Athens - one of my favourite capital cities!