Sober Curious tattlers support thread (Dry January and beyond!)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was bit of a struggle tonight not to drink but had a cup of tea and toast with blackberry jam and now I'm half asleep so all good. Day 8 done!

Reactions: 6
Yesterday was a struggle for me too - had a stressful day at work so my natural impulse was to get a bottle of wine. Had a 0% beer instead, watched my fave youtube show then had an early night. Onwards to day 9!

Reactions: 3
I did 7 days and then drank on Thursday. Drank way too much as well 🙈. Back on the wagon again as I felt so good in those 7 days and lost 2lbs without dieting.

Reactions: 1
@Lovelula looked her up just now- not personally for me! Bit too "Insta" if that makes sense but I'm sure she's doing a good thing
I nearly crumbled yesterday but didn't and woke up feeling pretty good after nearly two weeks off the booze
I've noticed the daily danger zone is 5 to 6.30 pm - once I'm through that I don't really get the urge. Its just managing that part of the day for me.

Reactions: 1
Anybody follow Katie McNichol (thissobergirl) on Insta?Thought?
Yeah I follow her and a load of other sober IGers. I always wonder how they manage to be sober and constantly post about it. I couldn’t hack that, when I finally become sober I’ll need to just try and remove alcohol from my mind otherwise I’ll start craving it and it will just be hell

Two weeks into Sober October and feeling pretty good about it. Weirdly I've had a few dreams where I've had a drink and woken up feeling relieved that it was just a dream and I didn't break Sober October! I have had a few wobbles - this week I've come down with a cold and thought sod it, I'll have some medicinal whisky, but that feeling passed pretty quickly. Nearly half way and I feel positive that I'll be able to be more mindful (if you can forgive the predictable buzzword!) about booze come November.

Hi new to the thread. Im currently 82 days af. I've drunk a ridiculous amount since the age of about 17 (40 now). Done the odd half arsed dry January before but never really wanted to succeed and the thought of giving up forever was ridiculous. However this time feels different. I had a health scare and decided enough was enough. I've absolutely loved it and my life is infinitely better. Oh and I've lost 20llbs. Good luck to everyone on your journeys 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Yeah I follow her and a load of other sober IGers. I always wonder how they manage to be sober and constantly post about it. I couldn’t hack that, when I finally become sober I’ll need to just try and remove alcohol from my mind otherwise I’ll start craving it and it will just be hell
Tbh I’m almost 3 years sober and I love talking about it - I would more but worried ppl would think I’m a freak !! Lol
It was so life changing in a positive way for me that I’m a huge advocate of not drinking and I’m really proud of myself for it too.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hello, can I join please I’ve decided to go sober after my binge drinking has gotten out of control. I fell on Saturday night and ended up with a cut face and a black eye. I’m a single Mam to two lovely boys who need a healthy happy Mam. Myself and my ex of 18 years split in April and within 7 weeks he was saying my close friend who lives next door to me. It’s hit me really hard I told her lots of personal things and I still can’t believe what they’ve done to me but she’s moving soon and I need to move on and stop feeling sorry for myself.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hello, can I join please I’ve decided to go sober after my binge drinking has gotten out of control. I fell on Saturday night and ended up with a cut face and a black eye. I’m a single Mam to two lovely boys who need a healthy happy Mam. Myself and my ex of 18 years split in April and within 7 weeks he was saying my close friend who lives next door to me. It’s hit me really hard I told her lots of personal things and I still can’t believe what they’ve done to me but she’s moving soon and I need to move on and stop feeling sorry for myself.
Welcome ☺ this thread is lovely and very welcoming. I’m really sorry to hear what you’re going through, it sounds like such a hard and painful experience and I think you’re doing the right thing cutting the alcohol out as it will do more harm than good.

Reactions: 5
I've got a fairly big social event tomorrow with a free bar. I'm feeling v. content that I'll not be drinking, and I don't even have any anxiety about potential peer pressure to drink. (As in, there may be some peer pressure but I'm really happy saying, no thanks I'm not drinking atm). I've just realised that I've made SO MUCH progress this year on my whole approach to drinking - I never thought I'd be in this place, as I always used to use drink as a social crutch.
Also, really recommend the M&S tonic water, the grapefruit one is lovely!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Hi well done ,do it for yourself and your kids feck the other two.

Reactions: 2
Rejoining this as I have a new user name.

I was a member on here for a while but have gone quiet. Still going through my sober curious journey and doing well, starting to struggle as the nights get darker and christmas is coming as it's harder to fill my time with activities that don't involve drinking.

I read The Outrun by Amy Liptrot this week and it is a beautiful book about sobriety and returning to nature. Loved it.

Rejoining this as I have a new user name.

I was a member on here for a while but have gone quiet. Still going through my sober curious journey and doing well, starting to struggle as the nights get darker and christmas is coming as it's harder to fill my time with activities that don't involve drinking.

I read The Outrun by Amy Liptrot this week and it is a beautiful book about sobriety and returning to nature. Loved it.
Welcome back 😊
I agree... it's harder in the winter months when my default would be having wine in the evenings & snuggle on the sofa.
What activities to you do?
For October I joined a choir & go swimming a couple of times a week. I could fill another evening with a yoga class if I got a bit more organized.

What activities to you do?
For October I joined a choir & go swimming a couple of times a week. I could fill another evening with a yoga class if I got a bit more organized.
Nothing really as I am a busy working mum but I tend to exercise a lot and it keeps me from sitting and drinking in the evenings! But I love a long evening walk but can't do that now it's so dark.

I wish I could commit to an activity like a choir. I bet it's fun.

Hi everyone, I need to join this thread. Got so drunk at the weekend (can never ever just have one glass :( always entire bottle and now its an entire bottle of wine and a couple of beers!!). ENOUGH. My hubby got so cross with me he threw all the alcohol away and I think thats prob a fair decision.
I've been a heavy drinker pretty much all my life (mid 30s now) and have gone through periods of not drinking and saying i'll never again. But I definitely feel like now is the time. I need to look after myself and stop numbing every day stresses. So Hi all :) will read back along the thread now. Does anyone recommend anyone to follow on insta or youtube?

Reactions: 7