Smile direct

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone ever used smile direct? I’m debating getting aligners from them, my bottom front teeth are slightly off, nothing major but enough to annoy me 😂 I’m just worrying maybe it’s too good to be true!

I looked at doing this! Do not bother!!! Why? Because there’s no one who checks up on your teeth at least with an actual dentist if they don’t follow or track they make you new sets, they check in, they track them. I got Invisalign and it’s been worth every pound.

Also the person who did my scans/appointment for smile was literally a wannabe sales person. Couldn’t answer any of the questions I asked. Also my appointment was in a random we work building in London.🤷

Reactions: 2
That’s so funny I literally ordered the moulds and they arrived today but I’m not gonna go ahead with it at the moment at least. The price was a little steep for me to just correct my bottom teeth. I had clear braces about 7/8 years ago and the fixed retainer came off the bottom so they’ve shifted slightly but for £1500 I don’t think I care enough 😂 thought they might be £700 or £800 ish.

Reactions: 1
I'm about to start with Straight My Smile - about half the price of Smile Direct.

Do not do it!! Look on the Reddit threads. I have Invisalign it’s the best investment ever made. There’s more to straightening teeth than just making them look straight, you risk messing up your bite and could end up with worse problems, loose teeth in the future. You need at least some X-rays x

Reactions: 2
I looked at doing this! Do not bother!!! Why? Because there’s no one who checks up on your teeth at least with an actual dentist if they don’t follow or track they make you new sets, they check in, they track them. I got Invisalign and it’s been worth every pound.

Also the person who did my scans/appointment for smile was literally a wannabe sales person. Couldn’t answer any of the questions I asked. Also my appointment was in a random we work building in London.🤷
I might look into Invisalign, my teeth aren’t bad at all I’d hate to ruin them looking for a cheap fix!! I thought it seemed a bit too good to be true

Absolutely do your research or feel free to pm me! I’m biased as I did Invisalign but I really think it is worth it. I only got it for my bottom teeth ended up having to do too and bottom as you can’t just change your bottom as your top will move along with it. It was a killer on my bank balance but I paid in instalments on 0% interest.

Especially due to covid I couldn’t see my dentist my teeth didn’t track for the time I couldn’t see them. When I finally saw them in June had to have new scans and new sets made. Like someone else said you need the scans, X-rays etc just to make sure they’re tracking. Smile direct didn’t allow for that. Also another thing is it takes longer than what they say even if it’s “not that bad” (I had one wonky looking tooth) my teeth everyone says we’re nice but when I look back at photos I can’t get over the gaps I used to have!

I’m a bit confused, is Invisalign a company or a dentist? Or do they make the actual product that dentists use? Thank you x

I’m a bit confused, is Invisalign a company or a dentist? Or do they make the actual product that dentists use? Thank you x
It’s a company but it’s used through your dentist. They produce the retainers and help your dentist create the final result. X

• Heart