Slow cooker ideas?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just started using my slow cooker-partly because of massively rising electric prices and having an ancient cooker/oven that isn’t particularly energy efficient and partly because I’m so busy all day every day the thought of dinner without having to stand preparing/cooking it at 6pm sounds wonderful. I only seem to do mince based dishes in it though-chilli, bolognese, mince and onions etc. I tried a pork joint earlier but it fell to bits and I called it pulled pork 😂

So who uses one on a regular basis and wants to share some recipes and/or words of wisdom with me?

Reactions: 1
I’ve just started using my slow cooker-partly because of massively rising electric prices and having an ancient cooker/oven that isn’t particularly energy efficient and partly because I’m so busy all day every day the thought of dinner without having to stand preparing/cooking it at 6pm sounds
wonderful. I only seem to do mince based dishes in it though-chilli, bolognese, mince and onions etc. I tried a pork joint earlier but it fell to bits and I called it pulled pork 😂

So who uses one on a regular basis and wants to share some recipes and/or words of wisdom with me?
Mines are called one pot wonders. I clash everything in, in the morning and leave on all day. Have turned out a success. As I’m no cook. Mines usually are, quartered potatoes on the bottom, frozen onions, frozen carrots then the meat on top. Usually buy three chicken breasts from aldis or their cubed steak beef which is a wee bit dearer. Dissolve stock cubes in hot water and pour over. Then leave all day. When I finish work at 5pm everything all nice a soft, I shake some flour over to thicken the gravy. Then that’s it. Simple but tasty. Usually can get two days out of the dishes, and probs just over a fiver to make 😊 I also make lentil soup in mine

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I bought an instant pot when the hubby broke my slow cooker last year, and it’s my everyday go to.
So I cook stews, soups, curries, bolognaises, chilli, lots of chIcken dishes (sesame honey, satay, coq au vin), jacket potatoes, pretty much whatever can als be done in a slow cooker. Go on Pinterest

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I bought an instant pot when the hubby broke my slow cooker last year, and it’s my everyday go to.
So I cook stews, soups, curries, bolognaises, chilli, lots of chIcken dishes (sesame honey, satay, coq au vin), jacket potatoes, pretty much whatever can als be done in a slow cooker. Go on Pinterest
Away to have a look on Pinterest as sesame honey sounds good 😋

Look out for really good slow cooker recipe books in charity shops, there's loads. I use my slow cooker in the colder months as it's mostly comfort food and it's root vegetable season 😋
My go - to slow cooker meal is veg curry, simple and delicious.