SlimmingWorld_stephjoy26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She has really irritated me with her moaning about Nuffield today. She totally ignored the post op advice regarding no exercise and limiting activity post op and is now whinging about her wounds breaking down. It has nothing to do with her going to the gym and paddle boarding but is apparently their fault for not giving her antibiotics. I really hope the swab they sent off comes back as no growth, absolving them of any responsibility.

And don’t get me started on her going to get antibiotics from A&E. Do people not understand what A&E stands for? No wonder the NHS is on it’s knees..!!

Reactions: 3
Omg SO annoying! She had major surgery and was going to the gym so soon I was baffled then saw her in a bleeping dirty lake after saying she had infected wounds and felt ill. Surprised she didn’t get sepsis. SO dangerous!!! The hospital are more than likely very annoyed she didn’t follow their aftercare instructions.

Ps the wounds look so so so gross please stop putting the pussy holes all over stories 🤮🤮🤮

Reactions: 2
I actually disagree. From her symptoms that she mentioned a couple of weeks ago, I could tell it was an infection and I am by no means a doctor. Sounds like Nuffield were incredibly negligent and she has a right to be annoyed.

The thing I don't get about her is that as the weeks went on, she acknowledged multiple times on her stories that she shouldn't have been doing all the things she was doing post - op... So Dont. bleeping. Do. Them?!?! Girl you have the rest of your life to do all of these activities!

A couple of weeks ago she probably genuinely didn't need any antibiotics, so Nuffield didn't do anything wrong not giving them to her... she CONTINUED to flout the post-op advice they gave her, and that's how it ended up infected. Idiot.

I actually disagree. From her symptoms that she mentioned a couple of weeks ago, I could tell it was an infection and I am by no means a doctor. Sounds like Nuffield were incredibly negligent and she has a right to be annoyed.
If she knew it was an infection why did she go open water paddle boarding? The risk of infection after an operation is high anyway so why put yourself at risk? She constantly moans yet does stupid things against medical advice

Reactions: 4
If she knew it was an infection why did she go open water paddle boarding? The risk of infection after an operation is high anyway so why put yourself at risk? She constantly moans yet does stupid things against medical advice
You are right, she has totally done some stupid things.

But I’m pretty sure she went to Nuffield days ago and they told her that it all looked well. I remember because I was really surprised to hear that update from her.

You are right, she has totally done some stupid things.

But I’m pretty sure she went to Nuffield days ago and they told her that it all looked well. I remember because I was really surprised to hear that update from her.
I think she went to Nufffield a while ago and they advised her to keep up the hygiene side of after care and to take it easy. Suddenly she was paddling in a dirty great river and exercising. Leading to dirt entering her wound, opening the wound more and not being hygienic.

In all honestly though she lives at home so why on earth hasn’t her mum said something to her about it...

I think she went to Nufffield a while ago and they advised her to keep up the hygiene side of after care and to take it easy. Suddenly she was paddling in a dirty great river and exercising. Leading to dirt entering her wound, opening the wound more and not being hygienic.

In all honestly though she lives at home so why on earth hasn’t her mum said something to her about it...
Maybe I misheard, I thought she had been a few times, once or twice for a scheduled check up and another time or so for an emergency appointment.

In all honesty I do skip through her stories as she does waffle on...

Reactions: 1
I get her frustration but she’s an adult and she’s paid for the surgery, she’s needs to be putting her foot down and not accepting them parsing her off. If she knew it was infected she should have been requesting antibiotics.

I think she was stupid to paddle board, regardless of if it was booked and she made the ‘best choices’. It’s not something you do shortly after major surgery with open wounds, which she will have been advised about.

She seems to think as she’s achieved so much, she’s able to be superwoman. She needs to rest and heal properly, she’ll be left with those scars forever what’s a few more weeks doing nothing. I do like her but she does go on and on in her stories!

Reactions: 1
I get her frustration but she’s an adult and she’s paid for the surgery, she’s needs to be putting her foot down and not accepting them parsing her off. If she knew it was infected she should have been requesting antibiotics.

I think she was stupid to paddle board, regardless of if it was booked and she made the ‘best choices’. It’s not something you do shortly after major surgery with open wounds, which she will have been advised about.

She seems to think as she’s achieved so much, she’s able to be superwoman. She needs to rest and heal properly, she’ll be left with those scars forever what’s a few more weeks doing nothing. I do like her but she does go on and on in her stories!
I bet she didn’t mention to Nuffield or any other health professionals about the gym or the paddle boarding. If your going to ignore advice then you’ve got yourself to blame. Lakes are full of diseases 🤮

Nuffield were correct not to give antibiotics in the first instance. There are lots of reasons for wound dehiscence - not only infection but excessive wound tension, suture reactions etc. Pus can be sterile. She said they swabbed it which will be to see if any bacteria could be cultured. Inappropriate antibiotic use is the reason why antimicrobial resistance is such a big (and frankly terrifying) problem.

Reactions: 7
Nuffield were correct not to give antibiotics in the first instance. There are lots of reasons for wound dehiscence - not only infection but excessive wound tension, suture reactions etc. Pus can be sterile. She said they swabbed it which will be to see if any bacteria could be cultured. Inappropriate antibiotic use is the reason why antimicrobial resistance is such a big (and frankly terrifying) problem.
There’s a medical professional in da houseeee

I don’t mind her as a slimming worlder she hasn’t sold her soul for an #ad and she sticks to the plan well for a kid. When comparing her to towers titney and JSG I just can’t dislike her 😂

Reactions: 6
I don’t mind her as a slimming worlder she hasn’t sold her soul for an #ad and she sticks to the plan well for a kid. When comparing her to towers titney and JSG I just can’t dislike her 😂
Same, when you compare her to others shes actually not that offensive 🤣 she has autism too which probs makes her anxious and overthink things like this. However I've seen her stomach more than I've seen my own 🤣 that's me only niggle!

Reactions: 5
I really like Steph and find her hugely inspiring. She used to worry me with how obsessive and restrictive she was and how she would be in tears over a 0.5 gain. She seems to have settled a bit now, I just hope she slows down and really looks after herself so she can recover fully!

Reactions: 5
Can't say I've ever looked at her and thought she's not attractive but she's paid £££s for her figure and hasn't got a clue how to dress it 😭 I know it's each to their own & all that but Jesus christ.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.