Slimmingworld_jsg #2 I may be vegan, but I’m still a massive cow

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey she lost a 1lb, no wait it was 3lb🤷‍♀️ Shes blaming lack of sleep for posting the wrong weight!!! Fucks sake, if i lost 3lb id be runnin up and down the house naked and no way get it confused with 1lb🤦‍♀️ Now shes thinkin of goin to group as she cant do it from home. Thing is, no matter what group she chooses everyone will know her so no hiding miss slinky🤣🤣
There'll be no hiding from her slimmer self as she was being put onto one of the boards a few years ago when i did SW

Reactions: 2
Can someone explain this quote to me?!

Her being ill is her biggest fear as a mum to premature boys... wtf you on about Jen?!?

Why is *everything* framed in the context of her not just being a mum, but a mum to premature boys?! If you’re reading this, Jen, just stop. You had a life and were your own person before your kids, don’t do that. Stop relating your kids into everrrrrrrrything you post. Especially when you claim you want them to be social media free and not have a presence, okay, I get that. So perhaps stop mentioning them and cashing in on the #premature?
She's getting one over on her mate Fopperhollic who's only a TWIN mum and not a premature twin mum 🤪😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Look at the size of the portions and the “how did she gain that much wait” questions are answered. The mince, chips and veg one could’ve fed two people.

Reactions: 6
Look at the size of the portions and the “how did she gain that much wait” questions are answered. The mince, chips and veg one could’ve fed two people.
That's a huge amount of food...too much if you're doing a calorie deficit diet, but clearly not if you're doing SW!

I'd like to campaign for the thread title to remain forever. It genuinely makes me laugh every single time I see it. I'd like to think that she's done it before and she'll do it again, but will hopefully be a little more humble this time.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Buts it's the magical free food of slimming world. I dont even want to try and work out the calories in the plate of dinner.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I'd like to campaign for the thread title to remain forever. It genuinely makes me laugh every single time I see it. I'd like to think that she's done it before and she'll do it again, but will hopefully be a little more humble this time.
Seconded! Best thread title EVER.

Reactions: 4
Did she ever show the photo with Ariel after losing weight? Thats when I followed her last. She was going back to show her amazing loss off

Did she ever show the photo with Ariel after losing weight? Thats when I followed her last. She was going back to show her amazing loss off
No she didn't lose the weight so had babies instead so they had to cancel the holiday. Extreme way to carry on your Miss Slinky lies Jen

Reactions: 8
The portion size is ridiculous. She’s only little height wise so there’s no need. She’s just a pig.

can someone who’s done this SW crap explain what a free food is?? So you can eat 14lbs worth of potatoes and pretend it’s calorie free??

The portion size is ridiculous. She’s only little height wise so there’s no need. She’s just a pig.

can someone who’s done this SW crap explain what a free food is?? So you can eat 14lbs worth of potatoes and pretend it’s calorie free??
Basically all lean meat & fish, potatoes, pasta and rice, etc are "free foods." Meaning "syn" free. However, you are supposed to fill at least 1/3 of your plate with "speed" foods (fruit or vegetables). The theory is that replacing the 1/3 of free food with speed food makes you lose weight. And it really does work if you stick to it. BUT the problem is that most people don't. The message of SW is actually to have everything in moderation but for people with disordered eating it's too easy to just binge on potatoes, etc, because they're "free."

Reactions: 9
Basically all lean meat & fish, potatoes, pasta and rice, etc are "free foods." Meaning "syn" free. However, you are supposed to fill at least 1/3 of your plate with "speed" foods (fruit or vegetables). The theory is that replacing the 1/3 of free food with speed food makes you lose weight. And it really does work if you stick to it. BUT the problem is that most people don't. The message of SW is actually to have everything in moderation but for people with disordered eating it's too easy to just binge on potatoes, etc, because they're "free."
Oh god. That doesn’t sound feasible long term at all. I’d always wondered why my friends and family who are on SW eat mountains of potatoes and pasta accompanied by a few leaves...never made sense to me 😂 thanks for explaining

Reactions: 5
Oh god. That doesn’t sound feasible long term at all. I’d always wondered why my friends and family who are on SW eat mountains of potatoes and pasta accompanied by a few leaves...never made sense to me 😂 thanks for explaining
It does work, but you’re supposed to have say a salad with like 4 new potatoes, not a bowl of new potatoes with one spinach leaf 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
It does work I lost a significant amount of weight on sw but it's not sustainable. It gets you to cut out all fats from your diet including healthy fats. There is no reality between their syns and calories. Half an avocado is like 14 syns and yet a plate of plate of pasta would be free or a Muller light that has so much sugar would be 1 syn.

Reactions: 6
It does work I lost a significant amount of weight on sw but it's not sustainable. It gets you to cut out all fats from your diet including healthy fats. There is no reality between their syns and calories. Half an avocado is like 14 syns and yet a plate of plate of pasta would be free or a Muller light that has so much sugar would be 1 syn.
Half an avocado isn’t 14 syns at all 🤣🤣 it’s 1 syn per 10g, the problem with avocado is people see the “average one is 14 syns” in the book but don’t have the sense to realise that’s not a measured amount, once you remove the flesh and stone it’s significantly lower in syns.

Reactions: 4
Most people I know who do slimming world seem to loose weight then put it back on when they go off plan. I think it’s hard to stick to long term. I struggled with the restrictions on bread/cheese and having to syn things like flour so didn’t last long on it.

Yeah, I’ve seen people say it works but losing loads of weight then putting it back on again (as 99% of the seem to do) isn’t really “working” :/ I’ve been tempted to try it but I feel like it would teach me bad habits. People like JSG put me right off. She’s not a success story by any means

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.