Slimming world

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The good, the bad, the synful.
Harry prickard - Fraud
Beingbrittany - Racist and piled on all the weight.
Towers - Stole all the money and never came back.
Sw-kirk - Don't get me started.
Mrsbavington - I honest would rather starve than touch her food.
Swfeebs - Gave it up as why would people take advice from someone who is overweight again.

Ok loads more guys just wanted to start a thread for us.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Remember Ross who was the worst flip flopper on/off plan drawing the line twit going? He’s all for Munro fitness and slagging SW off now.

Reactions: 11
God they’re all awful and most are now on the calorie decifit wagon, but still posting syn values so they don’t lose followers:

When SW was at its peak I followed thousands of these morons. I put furlough to good use and unfollowed them all! I really don’t miss looking at plates of absolutely disgusting slop for food! Packet of savoury rice with baked beans and chopped eggs anyone? No, me either!!!! Lol

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I remember a mr and mrs mummy wright they vanished
This time ive done it needs to change there name as they are doing it AGAIN

Reactions: 31
Oh god I remember when SW Instagram was at its peak, ASA wasn’t so hot then so they were all pushing their spice codes and wanging on about crucial sauce, a certain chocolate brand 🙄 and water bottles.

some were rather preachy, piled it all on and then disappeared.
Slamdunkthechunk
Itsyourgirlems
Oh and who could forget taste the rainbow JSG

i know a lot of people hate SW now but it worked for me, had a little to lose in 2016, kept it off and would never take a hard boiled egg to a hen night 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I have a SW insta account and it’s great for following the smaller accounts
More genuine and friendly

Reactions: 18
There was a slimming world thread before that got locked so il add this again. Slimming.chris previously sw_chris_mc has been reusing his pictures for YEARS I posted a few of his pictures before check the dates I posted these in June 2020 and he’s still using the same pictures now 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Glad you reposted this I remember it from the previous thread 😂

he defo reads tattle aswell because he was removing pictures when we mentioned it wasn’t he? Everytime he pops up on my explore I have a good laugh at him.

the picture isn’t even a good one- not one I would keep resharing anyway 😂

Reactions: 6
Glad you reposted this I remember it from the previous thread 😂

he defo reads tattle aswell because he was removing pictures when we mentioned it wasn’t he? Everytime he pops up on my explore I have a good laugh at him.

the picture isn’t even a good one- not one I would keep resharing anyway 😂
He made a account on here and commented on the post and then tried to mentioned someone else to move the thread along 🤣 I just wanted to re post as he is now calorie counting with re used pictures which he clearly isn't counting just adding a random calorie number 🙄 it’s all for the ££££

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 8
For every fraud account there are many genuine accounts out there. You only have to see the commments on their FB posts from people who are just like you, I, your Aunt etc to see that many have successfully lost weight and kept it off over a prolonged period. They’re not after the instafame.

Most of these big accounts are now gorging on processed, sugar ladden tit now as that’s the new bandwagon 😝 They’ll be back - just look at Emily Walters, she’s the biggest flip flop ever.

If you follow it properly it’s a great plan. I ate healthy, home cooked food, we all did as a family. I tried CC/Macro it was honestly so stressful and I found myself eating separately to my family. It wasn’t for me.

Not everyone wants to sit and count calories, they appreciate the syn system and how you can still enjoy a wide variety of food. Yes, that includes the controversial Avocado 🥑 😂 It’s really not depicted as the devil like some Fitness influencers make out 🤦🏻‍♀️ If followed correctly then you are put in a deficit without the hassle of CC (I find it such a faff!) Some people enjoy the social interaction of classes, most consultants are fantastic.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
For every fraud account there are many genuine accounts out there. You only have to see the commments on their FB posts from people who are just like you, I, you’re Aunt etc to see that many have successfully lost weight and kept it off over a prolonged period. They’re not after the instafame.

Most of these big accounts are now gorging on processed, sugar ladden tit now as that’s the new bandwagon 😝 They’ll be back - just look at Emily Walters, she’s the biggest flip flop ever.

If you follow it properly it’s a great plan. I ate healthy, home cooked food, we all did as a family. I tried CC/Macro it was honestly so stressful and I found myself eating separately to my family. It wasn’t for me.

Not everyone wants to sit and count calories, they appreciate the syn system and how you can still enjoy a wide variety of food. Yes, that includes the controversial Avocado 🥑 😂 It’s really not depicted as the devil like some Fitness influencers make out 🤦🏻‍♀️ If followed correctly then you are put in a deficit without the hassle of CC (I find it such a faff!) Some people enjoy the social interaction of classes, most consultants are fantastic.
I agree, the amount of people slagging sw off now is laughable. Sw defo works if you do it properly, its the same as any plan really if you fall off the wagon you stop losing weight! Bloody tik tok is full of videos of people slagging it off, saying how toxic it is etc, lots of them lost loads of weight on it 😂. I lost 4 stone on it and I’ve kept it off because I’ve stuck to plan, yes it can be restrictive but if I eat a load of shite I’ll gain it’s as simple as that, I prefer it to calorie counting as it encourages me to eat more fruit and veg, on cc an apple is nearly the same amount of cals as a biscuit, obviously the apple is healthier but I was going for the biscuits on cc. I agree, they’ll all be back to sw 😂

Oh god I remember when SW Instagram was at its peak, ASA wasn’t so hot then so they were all pushing their spice codes and wanging on about crucial sauce, a certain chocolate brand 🙄 and water bottles.

Slamdunkthechunk
Itsyourgirlems

i know a lot of people hate SW now but it worked for me, had a little to lose in 2016, kept it off and would never take a hard boiled egg to a hen night 😂
I miss JSG talking about eating the frigging rainbow 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I follow some lovely genuine SW accounts who share really great recipes and are not making any money from it (definitely not as they're not using anything branded most of the time). I know calorie counting is the new thing, and I used to count calories myself and successfully lost weight but I find it takes over your life even more so than SW - we were not put on this earth to count calories in broccoli. Plus half the time it's just easier to eat processed stuff cos it's easier to input the calories. Even though I follow SW I do look at calorie content still just as a guide cos some stuff is bat tit like a whole tub of Onken yoghurt with over 200 cals having 1 syn but an 80 cal dessert will be 4 syns.

Did anyone used to follow target_and_beyond? I found her when I first started SW back in 2018 and I did like her to start off with but then started to find her very smug and a bit annoying, she was in the magazine around that time I think. Anyway her Insta is still on there but she's gone AWOL and hasn't posted since the very beginning of 2020 - wonder if she's put the weight back on.

Reactions: 9
Oh let us not forget topchefnavarros_sw where every square cm of plate needs to be covered in beige food. Not that they ever use actual plates mind it’s usually a plank of wood 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Oh let us not forget topchefnavarros_sw where every square cm of plate needs to be covered in beige food. Not that they ever use actual plates mind it’s usually a plank of wood 😂
Awwww I love them lol I’ve saved some of their meals to use on insta

Reactions: 4

Slamdunkthechunk
Itsyourgirlems

That was about four to five years ago - I remember as I was deep into SW then. They were all OBSESSED with food though and I think that was the underlying problem- making all those insta pics fed the obsession and once at target or close to, they just crept the overeating back in as it was all about posing in photogenic pubs and restaurants.
There was a girl called Gemma who played netball who had a massive following and it was all about the pretty food pics. Also ‘this time I’ve done it ’ is obsessed with food and cooking huge meals. Same with Swfeebs, no wonder she’s piled it all back on. Slimming World feeds this food fixation as all you do in the meetings is talk about food! I remember one meeting they were all going on about how fantastic popcorn is and it made me go and buy a huge bag of it and eat the whole lot in one go - I hadn’t even thought about popcorn before then😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
God the slimming world instagrams really annoying me. The ones I've seen are big liars! I've got sucked in by some of the things they've posted and when you make them yourself they are fowl! Like using promise rolls with cream etc to make a bun and there is no way that tastes good. Or using blended oats to make a cake (spoiler alert its not a cake it's porridge with a crispy outside) 🙄 and those portion sizes! So misleading to anyone watching!

Reactions: 14
God the slimming world instagrams really annoying me. The ones I've seen are big liars! I've got sucked in by some of the things they've posted and when you make them yourself they are fowl! Like using promise rolls with cream etc to make a bun and there is no way that tastes good. Or using blended oats to make a cake (spoiler alert its not a cake it's porridge with a crispy outside) 🙄 and those portion sizes! So misleading to anyone watching!
Haha nothing wrong with baked oats on a morning 😂

Reactions: 3
The last time I took part in a thread about this, I got so much abuse on instagram so I think I'll sit this one out 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Sometimes when I’m hungry at night I’ll search for slimming world hashtags on Instagram so I can perv on everyone’s off plan meals 😂 anyone else or are you normal?? 😭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Sometimes when I’m hungry at night I’ll search for slimming world hashtags on Instagram so I can perv on everyone’s off plan meals 😂 anyone else or are you normal?? 😭
Haha I’m the same but I have a SW insta account so I see on / off plans every day 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.