Slimming World Youtubers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else watch the likes of Debbie Fawcett, Trim with Tan, Jane Day etc? :)

Reactions: 1
^ Debbie's such an inspiration imo- she's shown that you can get to a healthy weight (or BMI) steadily over time without crash dieting. The only thing is, I find her evening snacks a bit too triggering sometimes lol but that's on me. I decided a while back to mostly have 'sensible syns' and that's really worked for me.

Jane Day keeps mentioning the Budget Slimmers, I haven't watched their videos yet but I'll get around to it soon. Speaking of Jane, I do really like her and I think she speaks a lot of sense, but I sometimes feel she may alienate people by being a bit too 'holier than thou'.

Reactions: 8
I preferred the good old days when the weight loss community on YouTube used to be about sharing your journey on losing weight. Now it’s turned into who can get the most free things.... begging for people to use their codes for JD seasonings etc plugging products they have bought and linking affiliate links in their descriptions!!!
And what annoys me the most is the ones like Jane and Helen and Elaine... oh and Angie Walton who don’t bloomin do SW how it is supposed to be followed!!!
That’s why they don’t get consistent losses, they pile their plates high, sometimes don’t even both with speed... eat late at night and use all their syns on sweet stuff!! And then when it’s their birthday or great Aunt Marys Birthday (example lol) they come off plan and gauge their selves in food ? and then spend 2 weeks eating crap and then rejoin SW again ?

Reactions: 11
^ Agree, I'm fed up with these people making up their own version of SW and hoping it works or get annoyed or disappointed when it doesn't lol

Reactions: 5
I love the Budget Slimmers! Katy Jayne Sw is good as well plus she is a consultant.

I love the Budget Slimmers! Katy Jayne Sw is good as well plus she is a consultant.
Katy Jayne seems like such a genuinely lovely person :) Speaking of consultants, there have been quite a few SW youtubers who've gone into it recently: I can think of MummyWright, Olivia Elise and Lynn Rich off the top of my head, good on them.

Reactions: 3
Rachel Bayles is great as well, only thing that irks me is that she pronounces Ocado as okay-doh. I love her Friday finds videos as she highights any products that she has discovered or been loving. Her vlogs aren’t too family focused (like the livingstons). As mych as I love a family vlog I do prefer to watch SW vlogs mainly for the tips and ideas on the sw plan. I don’t stay to group so use these vlogs for extra motivation etc.

Last edited:
^I agree! I unsubscribed to Helen because She includes her son too much, as adorable as he is, I watch for her not the child! Her vlogs would be much more watchable if she vlogged when he’s in school or in bed !

Each to their own but it's a bit of a shame Laura Rebecca stopped doing SW. I did like her SW recipes when she was into it. You could tell she was gradually getting disillusioned with the plan, though. I still watch her vlogs and wish her well.

I watch Trim with Tan, I actually really like her she's down to earth and very relatable with slimming world. I'm just not quite sure how she passes off working full time when all she does is email a few meal plans!! Good luck to her though!

I love donna dyble but shes very on and off with dieting and hasnt done a video since forever

Reactions: 3
I love donna dyble but shes very on and off with dieting and hasnt done a video since forever
Donna seems like such a nice lady but you're right- she jumps from one thing to another. She was doing so well with SW just a few years ago. I checked her channel for the first time in ages and saw she was following the Starch Solution. This may not be for everyone and turns everything you're told about how 'bad' carbs are on its head but it worked for me when I did it for a while (I just missed having peanut butter and olive oil lol). I hope she eventually finds what works for her. I wonder if her (older) daughter is still following SW, I remember she was doing SW vlogs as well.

Reactions: 2
ohh did you see her new video since then she was doing it for fatty liver and high bp and blood result problems or somthing but actually made her results worse then they were originally and now seems to be doing nothing as i can tell by her instagram i went through a stage of binge watching her videos and she does contridict herself quite a bit when it comes to slimming world one minute saids its the best plan you cant find anything better then in the next breath is saying bad things against slimming world saids she will never dissapear yet she goes months at a time without filming which i understand but then dont moan that people arnt tuning in anymore nothing worse then a youtuber who pops in every 6 months and expects to gain big bucks

other then that she seems genuine i do feel sorry for her she clearly has a massive problem with food she looked amazing losing that 2 stone though when she did with slimming world

^ No, I haven't seen any of her videos since- I'll try to watch it tonight.

Yeah do feel bit sorry for her really she posts a lot on instagram do miss her video though

@Yel directed me to here after I mentioned SW in the Mrs Hinch thread. It’s really upset me that I’ve fallen for all this.

Does anyone else follow slimming.world Brittany? I followed her in a mass follow of SW accounts when I was trying to get back on track. She was down to earth and lovely. Every bloody story is Spice & Tice and her putting seasonings on everything and princess planning. Then she screenshots the people who have done orders from her special discount code.

It wasn’t until I saw on the Mrs Hinch thread that she’s not declaring #ad and now much this is appealing to viewers to buy only from her. Hell I even did it!

She’s now set up a 21 Buttons account so everything she wears, you can follow the link and I presume she gets commission?

Also I’ve blocked Ricky Towers as I swear he photoshops the same face on every photo. That same blank grin.

@Yel directed me to here after I mentioned SW in the Mrs Hinch thread. It’s really upset me that I’ve fallen for all this.

Does anyone else follow slimming.world Brittany? I followed her in a mass follow of SW accounts when I was trying to get back on track. She was down to earth and lovely. Every bloody story is Spice & Tice and her putting seasonings on everything and princess planning. Then she screenshots the people who have done orders from her special discount code.

It wasn’t until I saw on the Mrs Hinch thread that she’s not declaring #ad and now much this is appealing to viewers to buy only from her. Hell I even did it!

She’s now set up a 21 Buttons account so everything she wears, you can follow the link and I presume she gets commission?

Also I’ve blocked Ricky Towers as I swear he photoshops the same face on every photo. That same blank grin.

I've not seen her but I used to follow that slimming millie with all the snack plates ? she promotes skinny coffee and there is no way she was 21st and lost it all in 7 months.

If you've already felt the need to "get back on track" I'll save you all the stress and beating yourself up about not following the diet and just tell you SW does not work. It's only ever gonna be a success if you're gonna eat baked bean curries and sw chips for life ?

I'm a bigger girl and yes I really should lose some weight but I will never join a weight loss cult like sw or ww ever again, it's all down to intuitive eating and listening to hunger cues, don't see food as the devil or 'synful' food is food enjoy it.

Reactions: 8
A lot of them are very dishonest about what they weigh, what they eat etc while making it appear its all out there. Most of them follow their own version of slimming world which doesn't work. Carbie to Barbie is a must read as she explains it all so well. They lie about gains, lie about losses, lie about what they eat. I do follow slimming world myself and it does work, what doesn't work is what people have made it into!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.