Slimming World Youtubers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've not seen her but I used to follow that slimming millie with all the snack plates ? she promotes skinny coffee and there is no way she was 21st and lost it all in 7 months.

If you've already felt the need to "get back on track" I'll save you all the stress and beating yourself up about not following the diet and just tell you SW does not work. It's only ever gonna be a success if you're gonna eat baked bean curries and sw chips for life ?

I'm a bigger girl and yes I really should lose some weight but I will never join a weight loss cult like sw or ww ever again, it's all down to intuitive eating and listening to hunger cues, don't see food as the devil or 'synful' food is food enjoy it.
Such good advice. I’ve dabbled with SW since my midwife forced me on it at 16 weeks pregnant but then told me off at 32 weeks for not gaining enough weight.

I’ve been calorie counting and it’s much better!

I think I know Slimming Millie, let me check!

Reactions: 2
Also another terrible one is Sophiejude_SW. She’s from my town and if i see one more transformation photo where she was “fat” I’ll scream!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
A lot of them are very dishonest about what they weigh, what they eat etc while making it appear its all out there. Most of them follow their own version of slimming world which doesn't work. Carbie to Barbie is a must read as she explains it all so well. They lie about gains, lie about losses, lie about what they eat. I do follow slimming world myself and it does work, what doesn't work is what people have made it into!
That’s what a few people have told me to read and I honestly feel STUPID in believing all this now,

Just been given a heads up on this thread as I posted the below on another thread - thought I would share it here too. SW, WW all bullshit and most certainly not affective or healthy or empowering! Those SW groups (social media and real life) are filled to the rafters with money grabbing, insulting, sly cretins! It's all about making money with their spices and other crap... seriously, Carbytobarbie on Instagram is a hero for the weight loss community. Anyway, here's the post I made on another thread about SW and the cult mentality.

A manager at an old job was on the SW plan AND she was a represtentive. She was very overweight (not body shaming) and I thought it odd that she would be a representive. I asked her how long she had been doing SW, thinking it would only be a few months, but she answered 4 years!!!! I didn't mean to burst out laughing but I was just in disbelief that a woman who was 16 stone overweight had been doing this for 4 YEARS!! I made the flippant remark that it sounds more like a cult than a weight loss community and maybe she should reconsider her choice of "diet". Needless to say, I didn't have that job for very long after that. ?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I (hate) follow / previously followed a few on insta. Let’s just say Laurasally_sw got reported multiple times to the ASA for her constant hiding #ad at the end of a load of hashtags and never being transparent.

It’s all a farce how they make any food sponsored post into a slimming world post by quoting the syn value. “This cream cake is 45 syns but if I take two senna before bed, don’t eat for the next three days and go in a sauna for three hours then it’s on plan” then you get a hashtag ad or hashtag spon at the end of the post IF you’re lucky

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’m a size 16-18 and about 5ft7. I find #transformationtuesday so incredibly harmful. One IG user put pig emojis next to her photo! she wasn’t even that big!

Reactions: 4
Who is the annoying one that always starts her posts with “hello ?? Mrs syn plate here” like she invented the idea of binging a load of 10cal jellies and mini jammie dodgers in one sitting ?.

Edit: ten minutes of searching and I have found Mrs syn plate pheeeww I can sleep easy now

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Who is the annoying one that always starts her posts with “hello ?? Mrs syn plate here” like she invented the idea of binging a load of 10cal jellies and mini jammie dodgers in one sitting ?.
The bloody 10kcal jelly’s with cream and smarties on top, it tastes like shite

Ohhhh Laura sally does that #spon #ad ?. Hasn’t mentioned them for a few weeks now she’s not getting paid for them. Now it’s McCain oven chips ?

Last edited:

Edit: ten minutes of searching and I have found Mrs syn plate pheeeww I can sleep easy now View attachment 6135
Just how is that fine!

Just how is that fine!
If that’s not what disordered eating looks like I will eat my hat (or a syn plate with 5 baby bells, 3 packets of mini Jamie dodgers, 2 cans of Coke Zero, 5 packets of space raiders and 3 pots of 10cal jelly with smarties on top)

The sw class I went to was horrible! The leader set up a fb for all the members to chat on I'm sure they all do that. Anyway one lady came on said she was really upset she wasn't managing to stick to the plan as she was reaching for the biccys mid afternoon... because she was breastfeeding her 12 week old baby at the time ?

I jumped straight on and said oh hun please don't worry about SW go and enjoy your baby, my kid is only 2 and this is me just thinking about weight loss now.

Cue group a few days later and the woman was there and mentioned her problems to the leader in front of everyone, the leader turned to me as I had my young child with me and asked if I had any advice for her, I had to admit there and then that it was me who had actually commented that she should maybe just take it easy with SW as her baby was so young.

The leader was like "oh yes I remember reading that! It was nice to see you were getting some other advice on there though!" Never went back after that!

Not slimming world, but that reminds me of an old blog called Undressed Skeleton/Taralynn Mcnitt and the tit she used to post on there. It was all super low cal, low fat etc...like she wouldn't allow herself to just eat a normal dessert once in a while. One of her 'tips' was to put sugar free jello powder on fruit. I think she also did it with shredded carrots to make 'candy'. ? It was insane. She later admitted she had an eating disorder, but it pissed me off how she was able to post all of this stuff as genuine advice for years.

Reactions: 1

Edit: ten minutes of searching and I have found Mrs syn plate pheeeww I can sleep easy now View attachment 6135
Classic example of someone who doesn't follow the plan! This isn't what syns are for!

Reactions: 3
Whata carbie for barbie put ?
She exposes the truth, for example towers weight loss who lost 18 stone claimed he was following slimming world but was doing low carb and has got people to pay for his skin removal even though he probably can afford it. Harrypickard96_sw claims he lost 8 stone but has lost the same 3 stone over and over. You need to read her stories! She has photo evidence about him lying about dates on his photos. Lots of them are hiding gains and doing binge/restrict to make the numbers work. Like Harry will go on a 4 day booze and food binge but still lose.

The issue with slimming world is that people interpret it how they like, they don't deal with portion sizes etc. So they get to target and pile it back on because they're used to eating fakeaways they havent changed their attitude towards eating. Free food is free yes, but you should eat until you're satisfied so you don't fall off the wagon then should start reducing portion sizes. These people don't. They gain big then disappear, hiding their 5 stone gains until they get called out. Yet they're calling themselves influencers. If you eat what they eat you can't lose weight cause its not the plan! Third speed is meant to stop you filling your plate with free food, none of these people do that!

They also then will sell anything to make money, Sophie jude advertising skinny coffee, other accounts selling teatox and endless rip off spicekits

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
They also then will sell anything to make money, Sophie jude advertising skinny coffee, other accounts selling teatox and endless rip off spicekits
Sophie Jude comes across as obnoxious to me. She’s the poster girl for our area and she just makes me not want to go. She made a weetabix cake and I’m thinking... just have a small cake?

Harry sounds like he has an eating disorder IMO.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.