Slimming world Instagrammers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Favourite is davidcyril_sw

My wife and I are both doing slimming world currently. I’ve got about 4 stone I want to lose. Slimming world groups are good but on Instagram some of the accounts are cringe worthy. My wife likes that Harry Pickard and I can’t stand him. Why does weight loss turn some people into tossers? I followed that Dan Sully guy because his photo is everywhere on our group but he is mega cringe and seems a bit of a sleaze. As a man, I want to follow normal people I hate all this gifted stuff and people think they are celebrities. Vidlerjon seems ok too I I Follow him too

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Slimwithross is the worst. Yo yo dieter to the extreme, although his accounts disappeared like the Wrights, probably can’t accept he’s gained more weight.

Reactions: 9

My wife and I are both doing slimming world currently. I’ve got about 4 stone I want to lose. Slimming world groups are good but on Instagram some of the accounts are cringe worthy. My wife likes that Harry Pickard and I can’t stand him. Why does weight loss turn some people into tossers? I followed that Dan Sully guy because his photo is everywhere on our group but he is mega cringe and seems a bit of a sleaze. As a man, I want to follow normal people I hate all this gifted stuff and people think they are celebrities. Vidlerjon seems ok too I I Follow him too
I do SW and have lost 13 stone at my most (currently lost 10st 7lbs and working on the rest but not too bothered about the weight to be honest, more about the body now).

I wouldn't be following any of those instagram accounts to be honest! I think a lot are kidding themselves that a syn free meal is good for them but they post it and a lot of people see it and think it's all good to do as this person has lost x stone and they're doing it. They key SW for me is to stick to what I like to eat but to make it all fresh. Plenty of water and exercise on top of that when you can fit it in. Try not to eat too many "syn free" fry ups. Having 4 fried eggs, a tin of baked beans, 3 SW sausages, bacon minus the fat and then some fried tomatoes is syn free but it's still going to destroy you!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
I do SW and have lost 13 stone at my most (currently lost 10st 7lbs and working on the rest but not too bothered about the weight to be honest, more about the body now).

I wouldn't be following any of those instagram accounts to be honest! I think a lot are kidding themselves that a syn free meal is good for them but they post it and a lot of people see it and think it's all good to do as this person has lost x stone and they're doing it. They key SW for me is to stick to what I like to eat but to make it all fresh. Plenty of water and exercise on top of that when you can fit it in. Try not to eat too many "syn free" fry ups. Having 4 fried eggs, a tin of baked beans, 3 SW sausages, bacon minus the fat and then some fried tomatoes is syn free but it's still going to destroy you!
10 stone7 just wow I couldn’timagine how good you must feel now after that

Reactions: 7
I tend to follow smaller accounts. Blozzzy, Debster_Sw, Z_nicholls_sw are some of my favourite ones.

@-Dave- well done on your loss. That’s amazing.

Reactions: 1

Harry has his own thread. Very enlightening lol

Reactions: 5
Cheers. I went from just over 27 stone to just under 14 stone in 12 months or so. I had a few weeks where I wasn't losing as much as others and these were when I included meals like the fry ups! At the beginning it was all eat all the free stuff, eat the speed, try not to eat syns and watch the weight fall off, which it does when you're beyond human size. I can see why it doesn't work for loads of people who just need to shed a couple of stone though. A lot of people ask me for advice on weight loss as they've seen me shrink in a short period of time and I always refer to this as a diet for dummies, you don't learn anything through doing it unless you seek it out yourself. If you went to group and just did what your "consultant" told you you would be eating dirty rice grated in cheese every day.

I only really know of a few instagrammers names and the two who seem normal are Jon Vidler and Phil Kayes (fatladnomore). I speak to Phil occasionally via another site and he's just a down to earth bloke not going for the fame he could get like some of the others. He has had the sun and ladbible report on him recently with a bit of a twist on what he gave them!

I also know of Jack Towers as well as he was a bit of an inspiration for me to start SW as I read how much he had lost which is what brought me to this site. I cycle past his house twice a day 5 times a week but have yet to see him! I was wondering how he was doing after his surgery and couldn't find him on social media and google brought me to this page and then I read the rest. Wow.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I prefer small accounts rather than the big ones full of ads 🙄 or begging. I have an insta account and just like to post my meals because in my head I think if I don’t post my dinner then I haven’t eaten well 🤣
I’ve lost nearly a stone and a half so far. And I’ve done slimming world loads of times, and always gave up. I genuinely think having an Instagram account has helped me! X

Reactions: 11
I prefer small accounts rather than the big ones full of ads 🙄 or begging. I have an insta account and just like to post my meals because in my head I think if I don’t post my dinner then I haven’t eaten well 🤣
I’ve lost nearly a stone and a half so far. And I’ve done slimming world loads of times, and always gave up. I genuinely think having an Instagram account has helped me! X
I totally agree, I lost 3 stone and tracked using photos on Instagram. It was also handy to look back on for meal ideas for the weeks I did really well with losses.

Reactions: 6
I totally agree, I lost 3 stone and tracked using photos on Instagram. It was also handy to look back on for meal ideas for the weeks I did really well with losses.
yes defo! When I’m doing the meal plan and I get stuck I’m like ooh I’ll like on my insta!🤣 I seem to be losing no more than 2lb a week at the mo which I know is still good but it’s coming off soooo slowly! Well done on your loss! X

Reactions: 4
yes defo! When I’m doing the meal plan and I get stuck I’m like ooh I’ll like on my insta!🤣 I seem to be losing no more than 2lb a week at the mo which I know is still good but it’s coming off soooo slowly! Well done on your loss! X
And you too! Slower losses are more sustainable and much better to maintain. That 3 stone took me 6 months and it flew but some weeks I was only losing 0.5lbs. The vast majority of that was 1lb a week. I had just had a baby and keeping a visual food diary helped me too on days where my brain was like jelly and couldnt think up meal plans after a sleepless night I would recreate a "good" week. Lifesaver!!

I’m the same I have to use my account as a visual food and exercise log

Reactions: 2
Dislike any of the begging/gifted/discount accounts. The Big Ben to Slim Ben and Jack Towers threads on here are a great laugh at people ranting at similar.

As mentioned by a few others, Jon Vidler is worth a follow, especially if you want to see someone do the plan properly and not constant binging/restricting or eating mountains of beige rubbish.

My main personal annoyance though is those accounts posting the horrific ‘healthy‘ pancake stacks using their Hex B, both Hex A’s and 8.5-10 syns in their breakfast. How can anyone live on plan the rest of the day after eating that sugary crap and leaving themselves with zero syns to play with? 🤢

Reactions: 7
I go to the gym and I feel like I’ve got bigger breasts than Katie Price. I’ve been pushing myself so hard that I’m actually 2 stone down now. Does anyone else dislike it when your starving hungry and someone you follow on a weight loss account shoves a picture of a Chinese Indian or pizza up. It tortures me. I know it’s best to be honest about things but I don’t find it helpful. Anyone else found that?

Reactions: 8
I go to the gym and I feel like I’ve got bigger breasts than Katie Price. I’ve been pushing myself so hard that I’m actually 2 stone down now. Does anyone else dislike it when your starving hungry and someone you follow on a weight loss account shoves a picture of a Chinese Indian or pizza up. It tortures me. I know it’s best to be honest about things but I don’t find it helpful. Anyone else found that?
yes! I’m honest on my insta account and yesterday I had a McDonald’s (instantly regretted it after) but instead of posting a picture of it I just wrote that I’d had it.. I don’t understand why they post pictures because that makes me want it!🤣 I actually did see somebody post a picture of McDonald’s yesterday then I found myself there on the way home from the school run!

I don't follow most because of this! I've just taken a pic of my dinner today, it's pretty bloody big and it's something like 0.5syns of firecracker sauce to dip my wedges in. I never eat any fancy meals like you see on instagram because I can't be arsed to spend an hour or so making a "fakeaway" only to be disappointed that it's nothing like the takeaway I used to love!

I doubt I'd get any followers posting meals like this with the lack of care in presentation, the mountainous size of it and the fact it has no cheese grated over it but I've pretty much had it 5 nights a week for a year and lost 13 stone sticking to small variations of it!

89100282_554969605116536_8674045711106441216_n.jpg

Reactions: 11
I don't follow most because of this! I've just taken a pic of my dinner today, it's pretty bloody big and it's something like 0.5syns of firecracker sauce to dip my wedges in. I never eat any fancy meals like you see on instagram because I can't be arsed to spend an hour or so making a "fakeaway" only to be disappointed that it's nothing like the takeaway I used to love!

I doubt I'd get any followers posting meals like this with the lack of care in presentation, the mountainous size of it and the fact it has no cheese grated over it but I've pretty much had it 5 nights a week for a year and lost 13 stone sticking to small variations of it!

View attachment 91126
I’d follow you for that I bloody love veg 😍🤣 my dinner photos aren’t anything fancy because I also cannot be arsed! I have 2 kids and training to be a midwife, I make meals that take no more than half hour start to finish 🤣 amazing weigh loss well done!!

Reactions: 3
I’d follow as well, it is relatable to people with a busy life who don’t give two hoots who follows them! I’ve been a long time lurker on tattle and this is my first post! I actually lost 5 stone with WW. Life got in the way, regained 2 and am now calorie counting. Doesn’t matter what plan is followed. As long as I relate I am there! Never been a follower of the crowd. If I like it/ you then I’m sold! You just reminded me I bought reduced fresh sprouts earlier! Yum!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.