Slimming World during pregnancy

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I put on nearly four stone with my first and second babies (majority was severe water retention for which I was bed bound from 36 weeks with both) and had a very difficult births - one resulting in a c-section. I’m now a healthy weight for my height and BMI is where it should be. I’m determined not to gain excess weight this time around, but I intermittently fast to keep the weight off and I obviously can’t do this whilst pregnant. Just wondering if anyone out there has tried SW and stuck to it during - I want to hear about some experiences before my first health visitor appt. Do you get more healthy extras/syns? Do you gain weight immediately or lose then plateau? If you lose weight does your consultant advise you to up syns etc?

Thank you 😊

Hi

You can do it whilst pregnant, my midwife told me it was the only weight loss programme they didn’t have an issue with as it’s a life style change and not unhealthy etc.

You get extra healthy A I believe, a consultant will give you a different book with all the information. I know ladies in my group who did it through out their pregnancy and managed to stay on track and gained very little if any additional weight xx

Reactions: 1
Hi

You can do it whilst pregnant, my midwife told me it was the only weight loss programme they didn’t have an issue with as it’s a life style change and not unhealthy etc.

You get extra healthy A I believe, a consultant will give you a different book with all the information. I know ladies in my group who did it through out their pregnancy and managed to stay on track and gained very little if any additional weight xx
Thank you! I’ll discuss with my health visitor and tell her my history then I think I’ll re join group

Reactions: 1