Slimming world during Covid-19 lockdown

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else on SW struggling?
I honestly took the groups closing as a ‘holiday’ so just thought, duck it, il eat what the heck I want as I don’t need to weigh in for a while, it’ll give me time to lose it before I go back!

I feel like utter shite!! Even though I’m not leaving the house except for work, my clothes don’t fit great and I just generally feel poo.
Its hard to find the foods I’d usually have and not only that, if I have run out of one ingredient I have to just go without until the next time I go the shop, leading me to just eating whatever is in the freezer.
i don’t wanna be one of those people that blame a Global pandemic for my weight gain, but emotional eating got me to SW in the first place! Now I’m slowly creeping back to square one.
anyone have any advice or tips to keep motivated during this time?

sorry this is probably the least of everyone’s worries right now but I know a lot of fellow SW’ers have said the same, its taken months/years of hardwork and for those who emotional eat this is proving to be a challenge!!

Reactions: 4
Do you normally go to classes?

I do and I too thought it’d be a nice break off plan for a while. My consultant then text us all about virtual classes. Have you been given this option?

I didn’t think it’d work. It’d been 9 days since I’d last done a food shop, I’d not touched a piece of speed food in days and I was anxious about going back out again.

I decided to give it a go and I was surprised. My local Aldi was well stocked up and I managed to get some chicken (whole and breasts), mince and plenty of speed food. I’ve managed to make a food plan for 6 days which I can pretty much adapt to be on plan. Then I’m going to make a bolognese that I can freeze as back up. I feel SO much better now.

On top of trying to stay on plan I’m also trying to eat only when I’m hungry. It’s only been two days but it’s already made me realise how much I eat “just because”. I lost 1.5lbs since yesterday too.

So not only that, but it’s also been good for my mental health by trying to get more into a routine. Just stick to the very basics, don’t over complicate things. And don’t put too much pressure on yourself. If you only manage to stay on plan half the time, that’s still 50% better than before.

You can do this ❤

Reactions: 2
I honestly took the groups closing as a ‘holiday’ so just thought, duck it, il eat what the heck I want as I don’t need to weigh in for a while, it’ll give me time to lose it before I go back!

I feel like utter shite!! Even though I’m not leaving the house except for work, my clothes don’t fit great and I just generally feel poo.
Its hard to find the foods I’d usually have and not only that, if I have run out of one ingredient I have to just go without until the next time I go the shop, leading me to just eating whatever is in the freezer.
i don’t wanna be one of those people that blame a Global pandemic for my weight gain, but emotional eating got me to SW in the first place! Now I’m slowly creeping back to square one.

sorry this is probably the least of everyone’s worries right now but I know a lot of fellow SW’ers have said the same, its taken months/years of hardwork and for those who emotional eat this is proving to be a challenge!!
I totally totally get you 100%. I've been struggling for a while and now, I've been emotional and boredom esting and also finding it hard to get healthy food (I only have corner shops near me and it's a proper hack to a supermarket which was fine before lockdown). Tomorrow I'm going to try and stick to a routine and have meals only and try and limit snacking. It's so hard at the moment but I'm thinking damage limitation now xx

Reactions: 1
Do you normally go to classes?

I do and I too thought it’d be a nice break off plan for a while. My consultant then text us all about virtual classes. Have you been given this option?

I didn’t think it’d work. It’d been 9 days since I’d last done a food shop, I’d not touched a piece of speed food in days and I was anxious about going back out again.

I decided to give it a go and I was surprised. My local Aldi was well stocked up and I managed to get some chicken (whole and breasts), mince and plenty of speed food. I’ve managed to make a food plan for 6 days which I can pretty much adapt to be on plan. Then I’m going to make a bolognese that I can freeze as back up. I feel SO much better now.

On top of trying to stay on plan I’m also trying to eat only when I’m hungry. It’s only been two days but it’s already made me realise how much I eat “just because”. I lost 1.5lbs since yesterday too.

So not only that, but it’s also been good for my mental health by trying to get more into a routine. Just stick to the very basics, don’t over complicate things. And don’t put too much pressure on yourself. If you only manage to stay on plan half the time, that’s still 50% better than before.

You can do this ❤
Haven’t heard about virtual classes? They sound good though, id definitely try them.
my husband also does it with me so we both have that support at least but when one is feeling like this it’s easy for the other person to think the same!
You are so right about it better to be 50% on plan than nothing! I’ve had 3 good days and then one bad day but then I try and flip it back round the next day by having a good day! I felt I was much better at it when I could get out and about and distract myself but I can’t 😭
I think I may have to find a hobby to keep me occupied and not keep going to the fridge or the cupboards 🤣🤣🤣
One positive in this, the takeaways are closed 🤣🤣🤣

Haven’t heard about virtual classes? They sound good though, id definitely try them.
my husband also does it with me so we both have that support at least but when one is feeling like this it’s easy for the other person to think the same!
You are so right about it better to be 50% on plan than nothing! I’ve had 3 good days and then one bad day but then I try and flip it back round the next day by having a good day! I felt I was much better at it when I could get out and about and distract myself but I can’t 😭
I think I may have to find a hobby to keep me occupied and not keep going to the fridge or the cupboards 🤣🤣🤣
One positive in this, the takeaways are closed 🤣🤣🤣
Ours have just started this week. We’re basically weighing our home and texting our consultant our weight each week. First two weeks are free and then it’s £2.50 per week.

I only had 3lbs to go to target before all this. 5.5lbs now and I didn’t want it to get any worse now I’m so close so that’s given me a push.

Yes I agree, so much easier when there’s more distraction! Surprisingly I’ve found it easier than I normally would this weekend because I’ve enjoyed lie ins, so had shorter days.

But I think I’ll struggle more tomorrow as have home schooling/working from home new routine and we’re still getting up as the usual early time to stay in a good sleep routine! So longer hours during the day. Just got to hope for the best!

Do you snack during the evenings when watching telly? Maybe find something to keep your hands busy?! I sometimes do puzzles at night.

Try and prepare some syn free grab and go snacks for the day time too in case you get hungry between meals.

Guys I'm really happy to find this thread. OK so I lost a few stone with sw then stopped in Jan 19 thinking I'd do it myself, rejoined the week before corona safety measures hit - bought the countdown and weighed and all to try motivate me to go.

Obviously classes are off for a while and we got invited to virtual class but to be honest since I'd only been to one session and it's a huge group I'd feel too anxious to.

Ate circles around myself, now day 5 back on plan, feeling ten times better than when I was eating crap but the being trapped in the house and having an other half that can eat any amount of sweets and goodies isn't easy!!

Guys I'm really happy to find this thread. OK so I lost a few stone with sw then stopped in Jan 19 thinking I'd do it myself, rejoined the week before corona safety measures hit - bought the countdown and weighed and all to try motivate me to go.

Obviously classes are off for a while and we got invited to virtual class but to be honest since I'd only been to one session and it's a huge group I'd feel too anxious to.

Ate circles around myself, now day 5 back on plan, feeling ten times better than when I was eating crap but the being trapped in the house and having an other half that can eat any amount of sweets and goodies isn't easy!!
Wow , I feel ya ! Well done for going back to it and getting into it again. It’s not easy! Do you have Instagram?
it might help to follow some people on there, not the big accounts, just little ones that do it for the weight loss not for the freebies.
I find that sometimes helps cause I get ideas

I'm struggling cos of the lack of routine. The days I am in work usually I am so set in my ways that slimming world is easy. But now I'm working from home I find I dont eat meals and I just snack. And I try to stick to syn free stuff or use my healthy extra but my son is home with me and if he leaves half a chicken finger at lunch I'll bloody eat it.

I was on it and had lost 3 stone till all this happened. When the food shortages started I went off plan as I could only eat what we had and my routine has gone. Think I struggle with all the uncertainty. Really hoping to get back on it when this is over.

Well done if you’re on it and sticking to it. My diet has been 90% chocolate since this all kicked off 🤣

My mate goes to slimming world and her classes are doing it on zoom every week! She said that is keeping her on track as it is still like a "class' x

Reactions: 1
I was doing canny with the weight loss until this happened and then due to being a nurse working in the hospital , I’m turning to chocolate and pink gin on a night just for comfort