Slim fast - has anyone done it and lost weight?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I done it years ago lost weight came off it and put triple back on. It’s a total scam to keep getting £££

Reactions: 4
I did it a few years ago, I am a serial dieter! I think for a quick fix it’s do able, but not long term. A friend of mine did it last summer, it made her very ill, dehydrated and stomach issues I’m pretty sure the doctor told her it is quite high in sugar substitute. I know it’s very boring but eat less move more is the only way and a long term plan. Short term diet will give you short term results. Good luck, I know how hard it is!

It’s basically a starvation diet. Not healthy or advisable at all. You’d be far better of downloading My Fitness Pal and tracking calories the good old fashioned way.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I did it a few years ago, I am a serial dieter! I think for a quick fix it’s do able, but not long term. A friend of mine did it last summer, it made her very ill, dehydrated and stomach issues I’m pretty sure the doctor told her it is quite high in sugar substitute. I know it’s very boring but eat less move more is the only way and a long term plan. Short term diet will give you short term results. Good luck, I know how hard it is!
I’m not sure I can keep it up much longer!

It’s basically a starvation diet. Not healthy or advisable at all. You’d be far better of downloading My Fitness Pal and tracking calories the good old fashioned way.
It is I’m so hungry! I may crack today and end up getting some sort of junk food!

I don’t really like giving diet advice because different things work for different people but I do hate things like slim fast. It’s not sustainable. I spent years dieting, I had a lot to lose and I would lose a bit then regain it and more. Eventually I just got really honest with myself, accepted that it would take me a while but that I had to do it properly. I lost 6 and a half stone counting calories and mostly wasking and I’ve kept it off now for the past few years And feel confident I always will. I wasn’t going to comment but saw your post saying you’re starving and probably going to eat some junk, that’s why diets don’t work. I feel so sad when I see people going round in circles and ending up at square 1 because that’s what I did too until I just did the only thing that really works, eat less and move more. Good luck x

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Yel

I think you're much better off on a juice fast for a few days than something like this. Unilever is a big brand and want's people to fail and keep coming back. But we're all different

Reactions: 2
If you're going to do the meal replacement route you'd be better to order a decent meal replacement from a protein company. Slim fast is absolutely full of sugars and sweeteners which is why it tastes nice but doesn't help with cravings so you're better off making a 200 cal meal which is easily done, or using a decent replacement. I've done a meal replacement diet a couple of times and they do work, I've lost a lot of weight the times I've done it and quickly but they are hard going for the first couple of weeks so difficult to stick to. Once you start eating food again the weight comes back just as fast so you do have to have a plan in place for after, such as calorie counting. So they are good to give you a boost if you have quite a lot to lose but not if you only want to lose a smaller amount.

Reactions: 2
Oh lord no. Calorie count and move more, please don’t give money to these unsustainable diet scams.

Has anyone done slim fast and lost weight? How long did you do it for? I am on week two and struggling a bit
Don’t do it I beg youTo keep any weight off it’s really got to be a mindset and lifestyle change. Find certain replacement meal type things ok for shifting the last few pounds or as motivation tool. (Not slim fast though it’s been a while since I checked the back of the box but they never had a lot of nutritional value and calories in.)
But honestly working with people on the reg with eating issues I’d never recommend. Just get a bit of exercise each day, doing whatever you feel comfortable with, eat healthy and look after yourself. Set yourself a little challenge each week if you’re trying to shift a bit of excess fat. Nourishment and exercise are truly the best things for the body! More than half of it is midset/healthy mentality too...

I don’t really like giving diet advice because different things work for different people but I do hate things like slim fast. It’s not sustainable. I spent years dieting, I had a lot to lose and I would lose a bit then regain it and more. Eventually I just got really honest with myself, accepted that it would take me a while but that I had to do it properly. I lost 6 and a half stone counting calories and mostly wasking and I’ve kept it off now for the past few years And feel confident I always will. I wasn’t going to comment but saw your post saying you’re starving and probably going to eat some junk, that’s why diets don’t work. I feel so sad when I see people going round in circles and ending up at square 1 because that’s what I did too until I just did the only thing that really works, eat less and move more. Good luck x
Thank you for your advice I think I’m going to sack it for the time being and try a plan b xx

If you're going to do the meal replacement route you'd be better to order a decent meal replacement from a protein company. Slim fast is absolutely full of sugars and sweeteners which is why it tastes nice but doesn't help with cravings so you're better off making a 200 cal meal which is easily done, or using a decent replacement. I've done a meal replacement diet a couple of times and they do work, I've lost a lot of weight the times I've done it and quickly but they are hard going for the first couple of weeks so difficult to stick to. Once you start eating food again the weight comes back just as fast so you do have to have a plan in place for after, such as calorie counting. So they are good to give you a boost if you have quite a lot to lose but not if you only want to lose a smaller amount.
Thanks do you have any recommendations for meal replacement schemes?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1