Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Paula's Choice

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • La Roche-Posay

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Pixi

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi guys.

So I'd like some help with skincare and makeup.

So I have oily skin, that can SOMETIMES be dry and sensitive. I don't get spots, I've never had acne, I have redness and when I wear makeup, it literally just disappear until it's uneven and patchy and basically awful haha. I also have such dark circles/ puffy eyes dye to young kids and job etc.

I've tried almost EVERYTHING. I've heard amazing things about Glow Recipe products, Paula's Choice, Pixi and La Roche-Posay Effaclar for skincare.

Has anyone tried these products/brands for my skin type? If so, what's your honest opinion? Can you recommend any other skincare brands and products for my skin type? The only ones I don't like are Clarins, Clinique and Elemis, as they always seem to make my skin itch.

I've also been told that shaving your face is a good thing to do, also but is it?

Also makeup. What's the best foundation, primer and concealer for oily skin?

If someone can help, I'd be really grateful as it's making me feel so self conscious now. I'd like an honest opinion and where better to get one than tattle haha.

I got liz Earle skin care for Christmas, and I’ve found my skin to look
More healthy.
I’ve got the hot cloth cleanse wash, tonic repair and light moisturiser in the light care range ( was a gift) also for skin brightening drops.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I got liz Earle skin care for Christmas, and I’ve found my skin to look
More healthy.
I’ve got the hot cloth cleanse wash, tonic repair and light moisturiser in the light care range ( was a gift) also for skin brightening drops.
I should have mentioned (I'll edit my post) that I've tried Liz Earle and it made my skin really red :(

BUT thank you :)

Reactions: 1
I should have mentioned (I'll edit my post) that I've tried Liz Earle and it made my skin really red :(

BUT thank you :)
Oh no that’s not good. I’ve found it ok, never had “posh face wash” before , I wasn’t sure how my skin was going to react.
I’ve got no7 stuff to use to. Have tou tried that?

Oh no that’s not good. I’ve found it ok, never had “posh face wash” before , I wasn’t sure how my skin was going to react.
I’ve got no7 stuff to use to. Have tou tried that?
I tried their cleansing balm, it was okay actually. Can they help if I go into store? I tried a Moisturiser once but hated it BUT this was aaaaaaaages ago and I wouldn't know which it was.

I agree with the No. 7 products. I have similar skin to you and about a month ago started using their cleansing balm and also day moisturiser and a night time moisturiser. I have noticed a massive difference in the appearance and feel of my skin. I had no idea where to start with skincare, only that I needed to take much better care of it, but the ladies in Boots were so helpful and recommended the products that they thought would be suitable. It would definitely be worth a try for you and the products aren’t overly pricey if you don’t then get on with them.

For redness I use Dr. Jart Cicapair serum and Bioderma Cicabio Crème.
Can add them into any skincare routine. I use a light weight moisturiser from Glow recipe in between the serum and Cicabio.
I go to the gym in the morning before work and these really help tone down the redness and give a good base.

I agree with the No. 7 products. I have similar skin to you and about a month ago started using their cleansing balm and also day moisturiser and a night time moisturiser. I have noticed a massive difference in the appearance and feel of my skin. I had no idea where to start with skincare, only that I needed to take much better care of it, but the ladies in Boots were so helpful and recommended the products that they thought would be suitable. It would definitely be worth a try for you and the products aren’t overly pricey if you don’t then get on with them.
I'm going to go at the weekend and see as I need to try something. I got the balm as the Clinique one was out of stock and I haven't ever bought anything else since, it's fab.
---

For redness I use Dr. Jart Cicapair serum and Bioderma Cicabio Crème.
Can add them into any skincare routine. I use a light weight moisturiser from Glow recipe in between the serum and Cicabio.
I go to the gym in the morning before work and these really help tone down the redness and give a good base.
Is the watermelon glow recipe moisturiser you use? Apparently it's amazing. I'm going to have a look at the first two you mentioned :)
---

I'm going to go at the weekend and see as I need to try something. I got the balm as the Clinique one was out of stock and I haven't ever bought anything else since, it's fab.
---

Is the watermelon glow recipe moisturiser you use? Apparently it's amazing. I'm going to have a look at the first two you mentioned :) I actually take my makeup off with the bioderma sensibo micellar.

Why don’t you try the total opposite and flip to a dry/dehydrated skincare routine? I always thought I had oily skin and now I focus on hydration and I no longer have oily skin

---

Is the watermelon glow recipe moisturiser you use? Apparently it's amazing. I'm going to have a look at the first two you mentioned :)
---
That’s the one, I find it hydrating but can still layer the Cicabio crème over it without getting too greasy 😊

Sorry if off-topic, but has anyone ever tried Klira skin? I've just found their website after trying to look at a local dermatologist that would look at my skin and recommend skincare products for me to use (as I am so confused about what my skin needs). I've taken their test to see what skin type I am and it all looks really positive so far, but it's £79 a month which I think it super expensive, just wanted to see if it would be worth it.

The best primers I have used for my combination skin are the beauty crop oui cherie and NYX shine killer.

The foundations I like best for are Charlotte Tilbury airbrush flawless and HNB luminous soft focus airbrush foundation. Powder wise beauty crop vitamin C powder (I only use a little). Concealer HNB cosmetics or the Rimmel eraser.

Overall skincare I really like LaRoche posay, the ordinary (oat balm) and glow hub. I really like the glow hub serums.

I know everyone's skin is different but this is what works well for me! :)

The best primers I have used for my combination skin are the beauty crop oui cherie and NYX shine killer.

The foundations I like best for are Charlotte Tilbury airbrush flawless and HNB luminous soft focus airbrush foundation. Powder wise beauty crop vitamin C powder (I only use a little). Concealer HNB cosmetics or the Rimmel eraser.

Overall skincare I really like LaRoche posay, the ordinary (oat balm) and glow hub. I really like the glow hub serums.

I know everyone's skin is different but this is what works well for me! :)
What are HNB? :)