Skincare advice needed please

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I started using an Elemis cleanser about 5 days ago. Before that I was a bit lazy and just used face wipes. My skin is feeling better (it’s not dry and flaking as it was before) but I’ve got a lot of spots. I’ve read online that when you start a new product this can be normal as your skin is ‘purging’ but I was just wondering how long you’d expect this to go on for? Thanks 😊

I started using an Elemis cleanser about 5 days ago. Before that I was a bit lazy and just used face wipes. My skin is feeling better (it’s not dry and flaking as it was before) but I’ve got a lot of spots. I’ve read online that when you start a new product this can be normal as your skin is ‘purging’ but I was just wondering how long you’d expect this to go on for? Thanks 😊
What cleanser was it? If it has AHA’s or BHA’s anywhere on it then you may purge and can last up to 12 weeks but if it doesn’t I would stop using it as a regular cleanser shouldn’t break you out.

Reactions: 1
it’s this one it does have AHA in it. Do you think
It’s worth sticking with it?
Yeah I think it’s worth sticking out for about 8-12 weeks but if your skin doesn’t improve after that I would leave it! AHA/BHA cleansers we’re the thing that cleared my skin up so it’s worth the wait!

Reactions: 1