Skin Tags

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have a few of these, particularly under my arms, and can be quite itchy
Just wondered if anyone else has had them, and if they've had treatment for them?
I've read of people removing them themselves, not sure how safe that is though 😕

I haven’t had them but partner has, he was advised by his GP to tie them tight with thread and they would drop off in a few days, we did that and they took about 5days to drop off

Reactions: 1
I bought a little gadget off Amazon. It pops a little tiny band around the skin tag and then over the next week or so it turns black then drops off. They haven’t reappeared either. Definitely recommend.

Reactions: 2
My husband has them we tried tying the cotton round them but he found it really sore, in the end he had them frozen at the doctors and they dropped off after a few days pain free.

I bought a little gadget off Amazon. It pops a little tiny band around the skin tag and then over the next week or so it turns black then drops off. They haven’t reappeared either. Definitely recommend.
Ooh are you able to post a link or say what it’s called?

It’s safe to tie them off as long as they’re small (I use dental floss). But if they’re bigger then go to a GP. I made the mistake of tying one off that was a bit too big , when it fell off it left a hole in my leg that bled like mad.

• Wow
I had loads removed at an established trained beautician's. I'm sure it was classed as electrolysis. It was £75 (Midlands) and god, so worth it. Got rid of some really big ones. Probably 25 in 20 mins? One was that big it took a month to die and fall off 😂 but what a relief.

I've tried the home freezing kits before and that's still not cheap so not cost effective really. I think you can only do certain sizes with home treatments?

I felt better that someone trained did it and looked them over too.

But, whatever you do, if you're prone to them, you'll get more over time apparently.

I had a GP refer me for one on my nose a few years ago. I ended up being sent to a private hospital and they gave me a general anaesthetic to remove it. I had no idea this was happening until I got there but they said it would have been too painful for me to have it removed while I was awake.

I had another frozen by my GP and it didn’t work. It was incredibly painful during and for a couple of weeks after.

Ooh are you able to post a link or say what it’s called?
2 in 1 Skin Tag Remover, Auto Skin Tag Removal Kit,Tags Fall Off Remover Pen-Safe and Easy Remove Small to Large (2mm-8mm) Sized Skin Tags-Tags Fall Off Remover Kit at Home (Blue, Pen) https://amzn.eu/d/13Fe73o

I can’t remember the exact one but it was like this.