Skin care - tell me all of the advice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've tried niod fecc which i didn't rate massively, gthe dr dennis gross serum and the charlotte tilbury magic eye cream and surprisingly I like the TC best. it's a nice texture and I have noticed brightening and fine lines being reduced with regular use.
Does anyone have any recommendations for eye cream (perhaps with retinol)? No wrinkles yes but want to start asap! There’s so much out there that I don’t even know where to start.. Also do we need to use a different one for day/night?

Does anyone have any recommendations for eye cream (perhaps with retinol)? No wrinkles yes but want to start asap! There’s so much out there that I don’t even know where to start.. Also do we need to use a different one for day/night?
I've tried the Jordan Samuel gel that's raved about, didn't rate it at all. Have been trying the Strivectin one for a couple of weeks (pink box) and it goes on really nicely, is hydrating but I've not yet noticed any improvements as such. If it helps, there's a lady on FB that sells sample sizes of some of the more expensive creams, the eye creams are a good enough size for a couple of weeks use so you can test it out. Her page is at "Skincare Freaks Sampling Club".

Outside of that I've also tried Facetheory's Occuwake eye cream which I quite like and is reasonably priced. Body Shop and Superdrug Vitamin E creams are good for hydration and purse friendly. I don't think it's necessary to use a different day/night eye cream though, all that I've tried have been for am/pm use. 🙂

Could you share your full routine please? Because your evening routine sounds perfect 🥰 @noseybirdxo
Sorry for only just getting back to you - it’s been on my mind but kept getting distracted. Ok I’ll share 😊

AM:
Cleanse with La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo
Spray my face with Elemis Ginseng Rehydrating toner (sometimes if I want to save money i’ll use a rose water from ebay - can link if you want but was recommended this by a derm)
Whilst my skin is DAMP !!!! I put eye cream on - I use the Inkey List caffeine eye cream which I like but would like to try something else maybe and then Hado Labo super hydrating lotion on my skin whilst still damp as this really helps the moisture (i really love this!)
Then on alternate days I’ll do one of the following next - If i’ve used retinol the night before I’ll use a vitamin C as this is meant to be beneficial - currently just got a superdrug one but also really like the inkey list vitamin C but I’d like to try the Summer Fridays one eventually but spenny. Or I’ll use a little bit of niacinamide by superdrug again
or some Paula’s choice BHA just in the palm of my hands and patted in (the niacinamide or BHA depends on what i’m upto or how my skin is at the time)
Then I follow with Weleda skin food which is definitely not designed for my skin type (combo) but it’s made a huge difference, I love it. Ive been prone to replacing my moisturizer with an oil some mornings as I just love it hahaha i use either Pai rosehip oil or elemis superfood oil
Then always, always, always SPF 50 - I’m using la roche posay anthelios one at the moment but I loooooooove the Elizabeth Arden city smart prevage one as it has a lovely tint and glow - tend to use that more in the summer/spring months but it is expensive too.

Night time my routine as follows:
Cleanse - Majority of the time I’ll use the elemis rose cleansing balm as a first cleanse
Double cleanse - la roche posay effaclar duo, I double cleanse every night as you should if you wear SPF too. I never stray from these two cleansers, so a balm and a gel into foam cleanser.
Then on nights where I use a retinol I’ll do the following -
Spray with the mists mentioned in my AM routine and then whilst damp i use Retinol eye cream by inkey list and then retinal - I use the medik 8 crystal retinal i’m on number 6 i think? I love this, you don’t need loads and just pat into the skin. I do this every 2-3 nights, I just read my skin really. I let this sit for 20 mins before I apply anything else. Then I’ll apply niacinamide and then the hado labo super hydrating lotion and follow with the weleda skin food again.
On the nights where I don’t use retinol, I will spray my mist and do eye cream and the hado labo and then following with moisturiser and then one of the oils I mentioned and i’ll roller that into my face or instead of spraying i’ll sometimes 1-2 times a week use some Paula’s choice BHA lotion on a cotton pad over my face then the hado labo then moisturiser.

That’s generally it, it works really well for me and took me ages to find something that I love and has benefitted me. As I say, I really just read my skin to see what I feel like it needs! But it makes me feel really good 😄 I used to never use oils thinking they’d make my skin more oily but they don’t - my skin type has changed so much over the last year I’m more dry-combo rather than combo-oily now. I get a lot of compliments about my skin now which is lovely after struggling 😂 If you’ve got dehydrated skin I reallt recommend the spray & hado labo onto skin whilst damp. I sleep on a silk pillow case too!

Another thread on here as got me considering buying a LED at home mask from Current Body 🤣

Retinol only use at night, in the day use something different as retinol increases your sensitivity to light hence the recommended for SPF too

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m using different ones for morning and evening atm but don’t think it’s really necessary!

I have the Boots vit C eye gel for the morning which I do like but wouldn’t buy again tbh. I’m using the Revolution overnight eye cream in the evening and really love it - it’s so lovely and thick and has a slight lavender smell which I suppose is meant to help you sleep?

The Boots caffeine eye cream is probably one of my all time fave skincare products. It’s super affordable and I noticed a difference in my puffy under eyes after literally one use.

The Superdrug and Body Shop vit e eye creams are both lovely too.

The Origins Ginzing eye cream is next on my list to try.

(None of these are retinol like you asked for - sorry!)

Reactions: 1
I’m using different ones for morning and evening atm but don’t think it’s really necessary!

I have the Boots vit C eye gel for the morning which I do like but wouldn’t buy again tbh. I’m using the Revolution overnight eye cream in the evening and really love it - it’s so lovely and thick and has a slight lavender smell which I suppose is meant to help you sleep?

The Boots caffeine eye cream is probably one of my all time fave skincare products. It’s super affordable and I noticed a difference in my puffy under eyes after literally one use.

The Superdrug and Body Shop vit e eye creams are both lovely too.

The Origins Ginzing eye cream is next on my list to try.

(None of these are retinol like you asked for - sorry!)
i love the origins ginzing eye cream 🤍

Has anyone got any good recs for a cleanser please? I fancy something new! Something quite creamy I think - I have been using the Caudalie almond milk cleanser and before that I used the Liz Earle c+p (a classic!). I like the look of the Fresh! Soy cleanser but not sure if I’m being suckered into the nice packaging 😂

At what stage in your routine do you use the glow tonic? After cleansing like a toner?
yep, it stings a little bit and there is some redness but after that settles I have such a nice glow. It recommendeds usingam & pm but I only use AM, don’t need a glow at bedtime 🤣

Has anyone got any good recs for a cleanser please? I fancy something new! Something quite creamy I think - I have been using the Caudalie almond milk cleanser and before that I used the Liz Earle c+p (a classic!). I like the look of the Fresh! Soy cleanser but not sure if I’m being suckered into the nice packaging 😂
The tropic smoothing cleanser is really good, so creamy. I use it on a dry face then wash it off with water using a micro fibre cloth. It is an MLM scheme and not the cheapest but I’ve won the products before as my friend who sells if always does raffles 😂 and I have bought stuff to treat myself now and again, but I can vouch for it - the stuff is great

Sorry for only just getting back to you - it’s been on my mind but kept getting distracted. Ok I’ll share 😊

AM:
Cleanse with La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo
Spray my face with Elemis Ginseng Rehydrating toner (sometimes if I want to save money i’ll use a rose water from ebay - can link if you want but was recommended this by a derm)
Whilst my skin is DAMP !!!! I put eye cream on - I use the Inkey List caffeine eye cream which I like but would like to try something else maybe and then Hado Labo super hydrating lotion on my skin whilst still damp as this really helps the moisture (i really love this!)
Then on alternate days I’ll do one of the following next - If i’ve used retinol the night before I’ll use a vitamin C as this is meant to be beneficial - currently just got a superdrug one but also really like the inkey list vitamin C but I’d like to try the Summer Fridays one eventually but spenny. Or I’ll use a little bit of niacinamide by superdrug again
or some Paula’s choice BHA just in the palm of my hands and patted in (the niacinamide or BHA depends on what i’m upto or how my skin is at the time)
Then I follow with Weleda skin food which is definitely not designed for my skin type (combo) but it’s made a huge difference, I love it. Ive been prone to replacing my moisturizer with an oil some mornings as I just love it hahaha i use either Pai rosehip oil or elemis superfood oil
Then always, always, always SPF 50 - I’m using la roche posay anthelios one at the moment but I loooooooove the Elizabeth Arden city smart prevage one as it has a lovely tint and glow - tend to use that more in the summer/spring months but it is expensive too.

Night time my routine as follows:
Cleanse - Majority of the time I’ll use the elemis rose cleansing balm as a first cleanse
Double cleanse - la roche posay effaclar duo, I double cleanse every night as you should if you wear SPF too. I never stray from these two cleansers, so a balm and a gel into foam cleanser.
Then on nights where I use a retinol I’ll do the following -
Spray with the mists mentioned in my AM routine and then whilst damp i use Retinol eye cream by inkey list and then retinal - I use the medik 8 crystal retinal i’m on number 6 i think? I love this, you don’t need loads and just pat into the skin. I do this every 2-3 nights, I just read my skin really. I let this sit for 20 mins before I apply anything else. Then I’ll apply niacinamide and then the hado labo super hydrating lotion and follow with the weleda skin food again.
On the nights where I don’t use retinol, I will spray my mist and do eye cream and the hado labo and then following with moisturiser and then one of the oils I mentioned and i’ll roller that into my face or instead of spraying i’ll sometimes 1-2 times a week use some Paula’s choice BHA lotion on a cotton pad over my face then the hado labo then moisturiser.

That’s generally it, it works really well for me and took me ages to find something that I love and has benefitted me. As I say, I really just read my skin to see what I feel like it needs! But it makes me feel really good 😄 I used to never use oils thinking they’d make my skin more oily but they don’t - my skin type has changed so much over the last year I’m more dry-combo rather than combo-oily now. I get a lot of compliments about my skin now which is lovely after struggling 😂 If you’ve got dehydrated skin I reallt recommend the spray & hado labo onto skin whilst damp. I sleep on a silk pillow case too!

Another thread on here as got me considering buying a LED at home mask from Current Body 🤣

Retinol only use at night, in the day use something different as retinol increases your sensitivity to light hence the recommended for SPF too
How are you finding the Inkey List retinol eye cream?

How are you finding the Inkey List retinol eye cream?
I really like it and sometimes use it as a spot treatment which they say you can do. It’s a lovely consistency too but I think I’d love to try another type of retinol eye cream, i’ve considered the murad one but £££

I really like it and sometimes use it as a spot treatment which they say you can do. It’s a lovely consistency too but I think I’d love to try another type of retinol eye cream, i’ve considered the murad one but £££
Yes I had a look at that one yesterday as it seems to be recommended a lot, Murad do offer a first order 20% discount though... I also like the look of the Glow Recipe cream, but I think that's because I'm a sucker for nice packaging 😂

Yes I had a look at that one yesterday as it seems to be recommended a lot, Murad do offer a first order 20% discount though... I also like the look of the Glow Recipe cream, but I think that's because I'm a sucker for nice packaging 😂
I have the glow recipe in my stash, I’ll let you know how it is when I finally get round to it, eye products last FOREVER for me

Can anyone recommend some products for acne / spot prone skin? Or has anyone gone down the route of medication to get their break outs under control? If so, any recommendations for prescription meds?!

Can anyone recommend some products for acne / spot prone skin? Or has anyone gone down the route of medication to get their break outs under control? If so, any recommendations for prescription meds?!
I went down the topical medicated route and used Duac, that worked really well for me. My sister went down the route of tablets after she’d tried Duac (I’m not sure which ones, sorry) but has gone back to Duac. I would say if you have tried the over the counter stuff and nothing is working, go and see your doctor. Duac worked wonders for my skin, but I did have to be patient. It took about a month to work properly and my skin was quite sensitive at the start.

Bit of an odd one but has anyone ever experienced this - I live in Liverpool and my boyfriends family are down south. Whenever I come down south, my face has a break out even though i’ve not chanted anything in my routine etc. I think it’s the difference between the water, up north is softer and down here is harder. I’m wondering if there’s anything I could do when down here to help it

Reactions: 2
Bit of an odd one but has anyone ever experienced this - I live in Liverpool and my boyfriends family are down south. Whenever I come down south, my face has a break out even though i’ve not chanted anything in my routine etc. I think it’s the difference between the water, up north is softer and down here is harder. I’m wondering if there’s anything I could do when down here to help it
Water hardness definitely affects your skin. I found using a thermal water spray (La Roche Posay Serozinc is good else just the straightforward water ones by both LRP and Avene) after cleansing helped.

Water hardness definitely affects your skin. I found using a thermal water spray (La Roche Posay Serozinc is good else just the straightforward water ones by both LRP and Avene) after cleansing helped.
Yeah, I thought it would - my skin is still calming down from being there last week. Would the LRP Serozinc be something you’d recommend using when around hard water?
I normally spritz with the elemis ginseng toner you see

apologies if I am duplicating what others have said already (I haven't read all of the thread) but some skincare products I love are:

I have quite dry and sensitive skin, can be acne prone and is generally just high maintenance and annoying lol

- Hada Labo Hyaluronic acid
- Tretinoin (Its prescription only but amazing for both and anti ageing)
- Eucerin Aquaphor
- Weleda skin food
- facial oil - I really like body shop vitamin E serum in oil
- The Ordinary pycnogenol 5%

also depending on skin type look for ingredients such as AHAs, BHAs, hyaluronic acid, retinoids/retinol.

fillers and botox are also helpful but looking after your skin is still important!

Plus SPF no matter what skin type!

apologies if I am duplicating what others have said already (I haven't read all of the thread) but some skincare products I love are:

I have quite dry and sensitive skin, can be acne prone and is generally just high maintenance and annoying lol

- Hada Labo Hyaluronic acid
- Tretinoin (Its prescription only but amazing for both and anti ageing)
- Eucerin Aquaphor
- Weleda skin food
- facial oil - I really like body shop vitamin E serum in oil
- The Ordinary pycnogenol 5%

also depending on skin type look for ingredients such as AHAs, BHAs, hyaluronic acid, retinoids/retinol.

fillers and botox are also helpful but looking after your skin is still important!

Plus SPF no matter what skin type!
Hado Labo is a staple in my routine and I love the weleda skin food too 😍

• Heart
If someone could help with a recommendation for an ingredient or product I would really appreciate it!

My chin and all from my nose down to my mouth (naso-labial folds?) is SO DRY and flakey. But if I use literally ANY moisturiser it gets really sore and red and inflamed :( I've been using an Inkey List hyaluronic acid after cleansing which is a really good temporary fix but it isn't making any long term progress, it's right back to being ugly and dry after a few hours. Can anyone recommend me a moisturiser that might help? I wondered if maybe I should use something with ceramides to try and rebuild my skin barrier but to be honest I'm a bit overwhelmed when I try to look things up!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.