Skin care - tell me all of the advice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cult Beauty have 20% off skincare at the moment. Anyone got any good recommendations of their ride or die products?

Re-ordering my usuals such as paulas choice BHA, the inkey list retinol eye cream and going up to the next level in medik 8 crystal retinal, going to 6 this time
is the inkey list eye cream good?

Cult Beauty have 20% off skincare at the moment. Anyone got any good recommendations of their ride or die products?

Re-ordering my usuals such as paulas choice BHA, the inkey list retinol eye cream and going up to the next level in medik 8 crystal retinal, going to 6 this time
Can I ask how I would use BHA in a routine? is that something for the morning and then retinol in the evening? I went up to Crystal Retinal 10 last month and it's been great.

is the inkey list eye cream good?
I really like it, I’ve got the caffeine one too. I definitely think the retinol one has made a difference though hard to say how much but i defo feel like there’s a smoothness to under my eyes.
Can I ask how I would use BHA in a routine? is that something for the morning and then retinol in the evening? I went up to Crystal Retinal 10 last month and it's been great.
I tend to use it mostly of an evening, but general speaking I would cleanse then tone on damp skin with the paulas choice BHA, then use my hado labo HA, eye cream and then moisturise - i don’t use anything it with any other serums, and I use retinol every 2-3 nights but never with BHA! If i use it of a morning it tends to be when I’m not going anywhere and I’d do the same but finish with spf. I’ve done it using a pad and i’ve actually tried just pouring a bit onto palm of my hand and patting it in as sometimes I really hate using cotton pads on my face 🤣🤣 it’s really good though and has definitely helped reduced my breakouts and I feel it’s made a difference to my pore size. i also recommend the nip & fab salicylic acid i’ll try and add a link in here - that one comes as a serum bottle though.

glad to know medik8 crystal 10 has been good! looking forward to going onto 6 x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I wondered if I could ask what day creams / day moisturisers people use please?
I keep my whole routine simple, so I enjoy using an effective and unfussy moisturiser. Cerave cream, QV cream and Simple are all really nice and do the job very well. I’ve just bought the new Altruist moisturiser to try. It was £6 for 50ml and that’s lovely too. I follow up with sunscreen after a few minutes.

I keep my whole routine simple, so I enjoy using an effective and unfussy moisturiser. Cerave cream, QV cream and Simple are all really nice and do the job very well. I’ve just bought the new Altruist moisturiser to try. It was £6 for 50ml and that’s lovely too. I follow up with sunscreen after a few minutes.
I agree. The Simple daily moisturiser with SPF is the best one I’ve found and always buy that whilst spending more on my serums/scrubs. It’s the only one I’ve found that always absorbs in nicely, leaves skin plump and doesn’t make a reappearance on a hot day!

Reactions: 1
I’ve not tried it myself but thinking about it, apparently the ‘tropics’ skin care range is really good 😊

Trying out the REN overnight glow sleeping cream… so far so good! Says can expect to notice a difference after 7 days so I’m intrigued to see now

Reactions: 4
Thank you to those who recommended the cream for my spots, it’s worked a treat!

I now have another dilemma, sorry! I usually have very oily skin and have worked a routine to deal with it and my skin is looking fabulous however it is now feeling, and looking in patches, very dry. I’m not sure if it’s a change in the weather but I’m nervous to go crazy with the moisture as I get blocked pores very easily.

I really like it, I’ve got the caffeine one too. I definitely think the retinol one has made a difference though hard to say how much but i defo feel like there’s a smoothness to under my eyes.
I tend to use it mostly of an evening, but general speaking I would cleanse then tone on damp skin with the paulas choice BHA, then use my hado labo HA, eye cream and then moisturise - i don’t use anything it with any other serums, and I use retinol every 2-3 nights but never with BHA! If i use it of a morning it tends to be when I’m not going anywhere and I’d do the same but finish with spf. I’ve done it using a pad and i’ve actually tried just pouring a bit onto palm of my hand and patting it in as sometimes I really hate using cotton pads on my face 🤣🤣 it’s really good though and has definitely helped reduced my breakouts and I feel it’s made a difference to my pore size. i also recommend the nip & fab salicylic acid i’ll try and add a link in here - that one comes as a serum bottle though.

glad to know medik8 crystal 10 has been good! looking forward to going onto 6 x

Could you share your full routine please? Because your evening routine sounds perfect 🥰 @noseybirdxo

I’ve not tried it myself but thinking about it, apparently the ‘tropics’ skin care range is really good 😊
Just so the OP is aware. This is an MLM. Doesn’t mean the product isn’t any good but just to be aware they use that business model.

Only like 4 days in using the REN overnight glow cream and the glow tonic (every other night due to AHA) and my skin is sooo glowy already 😱 so pleasantly surprised lol

Reactions: 3
Only like 4 days in using the REN overnight glow cream and the glow tonic (every other night due to AHA) and my skin is sooo glowy already 😱 so pleasantly surprised lol
i love the glow tonic! Its pricey but worth it i think, hoping the bottle i have lasts me a while

Anyone have any good dupes for Sunday Riley Good Genes? I used a sample the other night and wow! But £85 is a lot!

Also, any dehydrated skin peeps, what cleanser do you use and recommend?

Anyone have any good dupes for Sunday Riley Good Genes? I used a sample the other night and wow! But £85 is a lot!

Also, any dehydrated skin peeps, what cleanser do you use and recommend?
I really like liz earle cleanse and polish, it's deff the best ive tried for my dehydrated skin and also cerave is decent. I want to try Sunday Riley too but I can't justify the price tag. Any moisturiser recs? I haven't found one I'm happy with yet.

I've got problems with my lungs so can't have something with strong smells. I'm also Autistic and find a lot of creams (and other skin products ) to feel "heavy"

1) face wash recommendations please? I just need something that won't dry my skin out and will do something about my spots, please. I've tried clean and clear but I find it has a strong smell.

2) hand cream recommendations please? Like many people, I've found that the constant hand washing dries my skin out. I did buy some Nivea hand cream, but it felt greasy and the smell was a bit strong.

Thank you
so for the facewash try simple! they’re range is nice- scent free. Facewash alone won’t help with spots but if your from the uk try the salicylic acid toner or the niacinimide (sp) serum with zinc! Links below:
https://www.google.co.uk/aclk?sa=L&...iYq6iA6eryAhUlnVwKHX8qBFUQ5bgDegQIARBL&adurl= (facewash)

https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...jM-5Cc6eryAhUQgVwKHSMfAWwQ5bgDegQIARBD&adurl= (serum)

https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...jY3prK6eryAhUIiFwKHcO2DxkQ5bgDegQIARBd&adurl=( toner)

Remember To use a moisturiser and all of these products are scent free!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.