Skin care - tell me all of the advice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I need a wee bit of advice please, if anyone has a spare minute to help!

I have finally found a great skincare routine which really suits my skin and my blackheads and blemishes have cleared up A LOT. To the point where I don’t mind going outside with no make up on, which I never ever would dream of doing previously!

However if I am at WFH bare faced, I often find I need to moisturise my face again in the afternoon because it feels a bit tight. Probably because my AM routine is quite drying, but I’m not sure which product I should change! Perhaps a more moisturising face wash? Has anyone tried the Fresh Soy cleanser or Caudalie cleansing milk?

AM - Garnier pure active sensitive (gel) face wash, La Roche Posay effaclar toner, LRP effaclar serum, eye cream, Simple moisturiser

PM - Liz Earle cleanse and polish, LRP effaclar toner, Caudalie radiance serum, eye cream, Simple moisturiser.
I just double cleanse with the Liz Earle in the eve if I wear make up. Have recently picked up a nighttime oil from Boots Botanics which I LOVE but will only use a few times a week.
Hmm, Maybe try not cleansing in the AM, I know it sounds scary but I’ve seen different derms recommend it. another option would be to cleanse but then go for a more hydrating toner than the effaclar one if you still want a little something beneath your serum.

others might have different ideas!

Reactions: 2

I have finally found a great skincare routine which really suits my skin and my blackheads and blemishes have cleared up A LOT. To the point where I don’t mind going outside with no make up on, which I never ever would dream of doing previously!

However if I am at WFH bare faced, I often find I need to moisturise my face again in the afternoon because it feels a bit tight. Probably because my AM routine is quite drying, but I’m not sure which product I should change! Perhaps a more moisturising face wash? Has anyone tried the Fresh Soy cleanser or Caudalie cleansing milk?

AM - Garnier pure active sensitive (gel) face wash, La Roche Posay effaclar toner, LRP effaclar serum, eye cream, Simple moisturiser

PM - Liz Earle cleanse and polish, LRP effaclar toner, Caudalie radiance serum, eye cream, Simple moisturiser.
I just double cleanse with the Liz Earle in the eve if I wear make up. Have recently picked up a nighttime oil from Boots Botanics which I LOVE but will only use a few times a week.
I’d take advantage of the WFH situ and get yourself a nice hydrating face mist... keep it at your desk and spray away during the day!!! 🥰 the yonka lotion yon-ka ones are sooo nice, literally smell like a spa too so it’s very relaxing!!! There’s one for dry skin. Or if you wanted a cheaper but still nice alternative the Superdrug own brand hydrating vitamin e face mist is gorge 😍 xxxx

ETA: the lotion yon-ka is a good size bottle, says it’s a toner but the dry skin one you can use as a wee face mist. Literally lasts forever. You could use this in replace of the LRP toner and then spritz it during the day for more moisture, it’s alcohol free so not drying at all

Hi guys I’m after a bit of skin care advice for my daughter, I’m looking to give her a at home facial over the weekend to try and clear this on her cheek. So far I’ve got the Elemis cleansing balm, the ordinary salicylic acid mask, and a few ordinary HA products. Is there anything else I need? Or could someone give me a routine please? X

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hi guys I’m after a bit of skin care advice for my daughter, I’m looking to give her a at home facial over the weekend to try and clear this on her cheek. So far I’ve got the Elemis cleansing balm, the ordinary salicylic acid mask, and a few ordinary HA products. Is there anything else I need? Or could someone give me a routine please? X
Acnecide Benzoyl peroxide cream. A tiny amount on the affected area. Really tiny as it will totally dry the skin out and can cause peeling if you use too much, and e careful in the sun after. Alongside the SA it should help.
Salicylic Acid vs Benzoyl Peroxide: Differences, Uses, Benefits (byrdie.com)

I’ve been trying out a new face mask over the last few weeks and it’s fab!!! It’s by a company called Q & A... I got their activated charcoal mask for my chin to help with a bit of texture from mask wearing... it has been unreal! Like way better than the spendy environ clay masque I also have. would highly recommend it to anyone wanting rid of texture, maskne or even hormonal kinda breakouts around your chin!

I think it was like £6 😱

Reactions: 5
The only gel mosturisers I've used are Clinique Moisture Surge and Neutrogena Hydra Boost gel. I liked them both equally but the Neutrogena is much cheaper.
Agree on both of these gel moisturisers. Clinique moisture surge intense (the newish one that came out) is fab, and the Neutrogena gel is lovely too just make sure you get the one that’s fragrance free.
thank you both, i shall take a look at them 🤩 i used the moisture surge eye cream once which i did love but never the facial one!

The effaclar products are effective but probably quite drying so that could be why. I don’t think changing face wash will make too much difference, although a balm or milk cleanser won’t leave your skin feeling so tight. Perhaps just a more hydrating moisturiser. You haven’t said specifically which one you use / what skin type it’s for, so maybe use one that’s for dry skin. It won’t clog your skin, so don’t worry about it interfering with your new regime.

I would maybe introduce a hydrating toner/mist in the morning instead of the effaclar toner, or just getting a more hydrating moisturiser in instead!

Reactions: 1
Just ordered this too! Thanks x
I’ve been trying out a new face mask over the last few weeks and it’s fab!!! It’s by a company called Q & A... I got their activated charcoal mask for my chin to help with a bit of texture from mask wearing... it has been unreal! Like way better than the spendy environ clay masque I also have. would highly recommend it to anyone wanting rid of texture, maskne or even hormonal kinda breakouts around your chin!

I think it was like £6 😱

• Heart
Reactions: 3
has any one got a minute to offer some words of wisdom? as i have a feeling fillers might be my only option.

i have developed a vertical wrinkle at the side of my forehead. after a bit of googling its caused by sleeping on my side/stomach rather than the typical wrinkles caused by using the muscle.

is there anything that can help this? i already use retinol most nights and the perricone md moisturizer. i also use a hyaluronic acid although i dont know what that does.

i dont think botox will help because its not caused by the muscle movement as such.

has any one experienced this or have and advice on a product that may help?

Can you advise me please about retinol. I live in a hot country. Is it advisable then that I don’t use it, even a very low %. What are the effects of the sun/ retinol? I don’t go out in bright sun but even shade can tan the skin.

Can you advise me please about retinol. I live in a hot country. Is it advisable then that I don’t use it, even a very low %. What are the effects of the sun/ retinol? I don’t go out in bright sun but even shade can tan the skin.
Just make sure you’re wearing SPF 30+ in the daytime. It’s recommended to use retinol at night as it does make skin sensitive.

has any one got a minute to offer some words of wisdom? as i have a feeling fillers might be my only option.

i have developed a vertical wrinkle at the side of my forehead. after a bit of googling its caused by sleeping on my side/stomach rather than the typical wrinkles caused by using the muscle.

is there anything that can help this? i already use retinol most nights and the perricone md moisturizer. i also use a hyaluronic acid although i dont know what that does.

i dont think botox will help because its not caused by the muscle movement as such.

A silk pillowcase might help?

Hylauronic acid gives the skin an instant plumping effect so it won’t really address the root of the problem, altho it’s a lovely product to use.

If it was me I’d get a gua sha and a jade roller - don’t be roped in by the expensive ones online, you can get just as good alternatives on Amazon for way less. You can look up videos on insta and YouTube for the best ways to use it - hard to explain via text - they are fab.

I’d also say silk pillowcase or silk eye mask - the drowsy sleep co do mulberry silk ones which wrap around your whole head/temples so if your line is in that particular area it would defo help. They are really good quality eye masks, I got one at Xmas to help with sleep as I’m mental 🤣 it covers a lot of my face so it probably would cover your crease

Hylauronic acid gives the skin an instant plumping effect so it won’t really address the root of the problem, altho it’s a lovely product to use.

If it was me I’d get a gua sha and a jade roller - don’t be roped in by the expensive ones online, you can get just as good alternatives on Amazon for way less. You can look up videos on insta and YouTube for the best ways to use it - hard to explain via text - they are fab.

I’d also say silk pillowcase or silk eye mask - the drowsy sleep co do mulberry silk ones which wrap around your whole head/temples so if your line is in that particular area it would defo help. They are really good quality eye masks, I got one at Xmas to help with sleep as I’m mental 🤣 it covers a lot of my face so it probably would cover your crease
That’s brilliant, thanks so much. I actually have a roller from an old birch box so will give it a go and I’m definitely going to treat myself to a nice silk eye mask and pillowcase x x x x

• Heart
I'm in Australia, so see a fair bit of sun. I wear SPF every day and use a retinol product at night (three times a week at the moment). If I was planning on a beach holiday with lots of being outside I might cut back on the retinol before the trip, but for day to day exposure I find I am okay.

That’s brilliant, thanks so much. I actually have a roller from an old birch box so will give it a go and I’m definitely going to treat myself to a nice silk eye mask and pillowcase x x x x
Silk pillowcases are fab! Mine make me feel very fancy. I also find helpful for my hair as well as skin.

Thanks to you all who recommended The Ordinary Retinol, it’s arrived and I can’t wait to try it. I’m a bit confused as to do I put moisturizer directly over it or leave it without

Thanks to you all who recommended The Ordinary Retinol, it’s arrived and I can’t wait to try it. I’m a bit confused as to do I put moisturizer directly over it or leave it without
Let it sink in for 10 minutes then apply moisturiser 😊

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.