Skin care - tell me all of the advice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love medik8 vitamin C serum and crystal retinal, if i get discounts i’ll buy it otherwise its a bit pricey for my current budget 😩 but if you have the money then its definitely worth it

Reactions: 4
Has anyone ever used Medik8? It was recommended to me recently as I have spotty skin. I like to sound of it but it is pretty expensive 😬

These day/night creams in particular look good.

I use their Crystal Retinal and the c-tetra serum, I’ve used the cleansing oil and the liquid peptides which side loved. They’re really excellent products, I would advise waiting for codes for them or through cult beauty for example.

Reactions: 3
I've had a good search through this thread but struggling a bit, advice really welcome

I have always had naturally oily skin but seems to be worse at the moment, it builds throughout the day even when not doing anything, no makeup etc. Doesn't cause spots or anything so I don't need treatment for breakouts but I just don't want to look so shiny all the time. Maybe it's the humidity idk but I feel gross

Anything I can use to help control it a bit and mattify my face? I get dry patches too if I'm not careful so I use HA and moisturiser so I don't think its a lack of hydration. Do I need a Niacinamide or something? I've also seen Paula's choice shine stopper come up on google, any experiences?

Reactions: 1
I've had a good search through this thread but struggling a bit, advice really welcome

I have always had naturally oily skin but seems to be worse at the moment, it builds throughout the day even when not doing anything, no makeup etc. Doesn't cause spots or anything so I don't need treatment for breakouts but I just don't want to look so shiny all the time. Maybe it's the humidity idk but I feel gross

Anything I can use to help control it a bit and mattify my face? I get dry patches too if I'm not careful so I use HA and moisturiser so I don't think its a lack of hydration. Do I need a Niacinamide or something? I've also seen Paula's choice shine stopper come up on google, any experiences?
Niacinamide will help. Oil is generally caused by a lack of hydration and balance in your skin though so I would also up your hydration. The biggest things that I think contributed to my oily skin (I’m very rarely oily now) was niacinamide, paula’s choice bha and upping my hydration because I realized it wasn’t dry skin it was dehydration.

Reactions: 4
Niacinamide will help. Oil is generally caused by a lack of hydration and balance in your skin though so I would also up your hydration. The biggest things that I think contributed to my oily skin (I’m very rarely oily now) was niacinamide, paula’s choice bha and upping my hydration because I realized it wasn’t dry skin it was dehydration.
thank you ❤ I currently use HA twice a day on damp skin, plus a moisturiser at night but maybe need to look at my hydration first then

thank you ❤ I currently use HA twice a day on damp skin, plus a moisturiser at night but maybe need to look at my hydration first then
you could use niacinamide after HA! if you’re just using like water damp skin maybe get a hydrating toner/mist? i love the elemis ginseng toner as a mist before my HA and i love the pixi milky mist and the elemis kefir tea mist - all really hydrating!

Reactions: 5
@horsey1234 Might be worth stopping HA for a while and seeing how your skin reacts? Dr Shereen Idris has a good video on the ingredient on YouTube. I found stopping using a dedicated HA product helped my skin a lot. I still use some serums where it’s one of the ingredients, but not a dedicated HA serum anymore. I also second the Niacinamide recommendation!

Reactions: 2
Can anyone create a new thread… I would, but I don’t know how to 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.