Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ponyta

HELP. I am going to the gym 5 times a week and get horribly sweaty, I was my face with soap (don't shout at me :oops:) but just don't feel like it is getting a good enough clean as I am seeming to break out a little. I'm also having to wash my hair way more frequently than I would prior to joining the gym, pretty much daily. I have platinum blonde dyed hair which is naturally quite wavy/dry and feel a little concerned about the amount of heat and how frequently I'm washing it.

Does anyone have any tips?

Reactions: 3

Chloe123456

VIP Member
I use either a foam facial wash or oil cleanser .. you just wipe the oil all over your face while skins dry & it removes all makeup n.. it’s really good x

Reactions: 2

Sickoflurking

I had to cut all my hair off to make it doable as I too am platinum and the condition was suffering badly. Now it’s shorter I don’t have older hair so it looks much healthier. I went from washing it twice a week to 6 times. I do use olaplex number 3 once a week though and leave it on for an hour under a shower cap. It definitely helps. I’m guessing you use blue/silver shampoo like me which is also drying. I got the olaplex shampoo too and mid a 10p sized blob in with my blue shampoo and that really helps. I just use any old conditioner though. Skin wise I use Clinique “take the day off” before bed (the one in the jar) and take it off with a warm flannel then use miscellar water and a light moisturiser (cheapo from Lidl-I use their day and night creams which are both fab). 😊

urghwhy

Dry shampoo! It's great for greasy hair. My hair is dark so I use one which is specifically for brown hair (so you can't see any powder). Depending on how long your hair is, I personally do two french braids to keep my hair off my face entirely. Then I use a hand band, to make double sure. It sounds annoying but I'm used to it now. When I gym with my hair like that I don't actually have to dry shampoo it since none of my hair touched my face.

For my face I just use Simple moisturising face wash, followed by their toner and a Nivea face cream. I exercise in the morning so just wash after my workout and go to the gym without washing my face. No one actually cares what you look like in there so I don't feel self conscious.

I hope this helps. I know how annoying it is. I do see a lot of girls in my gym use face wipes before they get the shower so maybe that'd work for you? I presume they then wash it properly under the shower but obviously I don't know....:LOL:

moimoi

VIP Member
Get a sonic face brush. I have a Clinique one and the difference you feel after you've washed your face is amazing. There's loads of different brands on the market that do them.

ponyta

I had to cut all my hair off to make it doable as I too am platinum and the condition was suffering badly. Now it’s shorter I don’t have older hair so it looks much healthier. I went from washing it twice a week to 6 times. I do use olaplex number 3 once a week though and leave it on for an hour under a shower cap. It definitely helps. I’m guessing you use blue/silver shampoo like me which is also drying. I got the olaplex shampoo too and mid a 10p sized blob in with my blue shampoo and that really helps. I just use any old conditioner though. Skin wise I use Clinique “take the day off” before bed (the one in the jar) and take it off with a warm flannel then use miscellar water and a light moisturiser (cheapo from Lidl-I use their day and night creams which are both fab). 😊
Oh really? how much length did you have to cut off?

Sickoflurking

Oh really? how much length did you have to cut off?
Went from shoulder length to pretty short like Emma Willis. I’d had short hair before though so knew it would be ok and suit me better with the fitness drive. If you don’t want the chop though I’d definitely say try the olaplex and get regular trims to keep it healthy

Mustard

VIP Member
Does anyone use a tinted moisturiser after gong to the gym? I’m looking for recommendations. I used to use Laura Mercier so might go back to that.