Skin cancer diagnosis (melanoma)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Evening guys,

I’ve been umming and ahhing whether to post this or not but figured I’d just go for it.

I had a mole removed and have recently been told it was a stage 1b melanoma cancer. I’ve now got to go for a wider excision and a sentinel lymph node biopsy to check it hasn’t spread any further. I’ve got all my fingers crossed but it’s constantly at the back of my mind they’re going to find something and say something bad, I keep feeling sick about it and it doesn’t help that the wait for the operation will be a few months.

I’m just feeling a bit overwhelmed by everything and wondered if there was anyone on here who is in/has been in the same or similar situation! Would be nice to chat xx

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I don't have anything helpful to say either sorry but I just wanted to send you all my love. Hope your results come back quickly and you can get a plan started x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I had a basal cell removed last year, and it was successful, I was really worried but I got my results back quite quickly. I do know someone through work who had the same melanoma as you about 4 years ago , hers hadn’t spread and she is perfectly fine.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’m so sorry about your diagnosis and I can’t imagine how worried you are... I hope you’re okay and have people around you to support you 💕 I’m sorry I don’t have anything useful to say, other than, I do truly hope the best for you ❤ Xx

• Heart
Evening guys,

I’ve been umming and ahhing whether to post this or not but figured I’d just go for it.

I had a mole removed and have recently been told it was a stage 1b melanoma cancer. I’ve now got to go for a wider excision and a sentinel lymph node biopsy to check it hasn’t spread any further. I’ve got all my fingers crossed but it’s constantly at the back of my mind they’re going to find something and say something bad, I keep feeling sick about it and it doesn’t help that the wait for the operation will be a few months.

I’m just feeling a bit overwhelmed by everything and wondered if there was anyone on here who is in/has been in the same or similar situation! Would be nice to chat xx
I’m not in this situation myself but I did have a bit of a scare with a breast lump and the worry was awful. I can only imagine how you must be feeling. You’re not alone, I hope you’ve got some support at home❤ hope the biopsy and everything goes okay, fingers crossed xxx

• Heart
I’m so sorry to hear your news, here if you need to talk or let how you feel out!

A close family member had this diagnosis 2 years ago after having several lumps removed and I can honestly say their treatment has been amazing. They have been given a fairly new drug immunotherapy and it’s been brilliant, only one stint in hospital due to a bad reaction but other than that they have continued with normal life completely. One treatment left to go and even a year a go all scans showed no sign of the cancer at all. Sorry if it’s not what you wanted to hear but I find having some practical facts helps me when I am worried about something. I am sure they will of caught everything when they removed the mole but if they didn’t, remember that you will get the treatment you deserve and be able to life your life the way you always should of and live a long and happy life regardless of what happens.

Please keep us updated with how things go and remember you aren’t alone xx

• Heart
The most important thing is you should not face this alone. Gather all your trusted support network close, and don't be afraid to talk about your feelings. Regardless of what the diagnosis is, it might be helpful to talk to established organisations. Maggies is an excellect charity that provides emotional support, and expert advice.
Above all, try to remain positive. I hope I have been of some help, my best wishes to you.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I have stage 3B melanoma with all lymph nodes removed from my armpit, didn’t spread to any organs. I’m 8yrs clear, nothing reoccurring. Please read up all you can and ask as many questions as you can, it’s a mine field. Feel free to PM me ❤ Good luck to you, please remember this isn’t a gloomy sentence you will get through this. Please keep us updated @calmyourritas xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Sending you lots of positive vibes. They shouldn’t leave you for months now you have been diagnosed sweetheart. Cancer treatments have very strict compliance guidelines which must be met so there is no way now you have an official diagnosis that they will leave you for months. Stay strong. Surround yourself with plenty of positive people as you will need that to get you through. I would also recommend not looking up cases online as this will not help your mind; remember there is only one of you. Your treatment will be tailored to you, no one else is the same as you. Please remember that if you see horror stories online. Wishing you all the best with your treatment 🙏🏻

• Heart
I have stage 3B melanoma with all lymph nodes removed from my armpit, didn’t spread to any organs. I’m 8yrs clear, nothing reoccurring. Please read up all you can and ask as many questions as you can, it’s a mine field. Feel free to PM me ❤ Good luck to you, please remember this isn’t a gloomy sentence you will get through this. Please keep us updated @calmyourritas xxx
Thankyou, I tried to pm you but I can’t! xx