Siobhan O’Hagan #45 from Bali to the box room, live by the swords, die by the Swords

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A strong title, @69Trish69 and @Defo_Not_Shiv thank you!

At this stage, I don’t think a lengthy recap is necessary.

This gee bag is preggers with Neds baby and living differently has gone full circle and landed her back in the box room.

As you were friends…..

• Haha
Reactions: 37
The air fryer in Portugal was mentioned in the previous thread, have we seen her make a toastie yet with the sandwich maker she bought recently, will they be staying in London?

Surprised she didn't moan about the white company gift, another thing she'll have to ship home.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
It took her besties a long time to send a gift, didn't it? I don't remember them sending flowers or anything like that at the time of the announcement.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
New e-mail alert 🚨

So blatantly obvious that the big sales push only ever comes when she needs money to support one of her many crappy and expensive life decisions.

Subject : Mindfulness 101 💭

Mindfulness is a buzz word now, and I use it all the time in The Furnace when talking about nutrition - but what does it really mean?

According to Google, ‘Mindfulness means maintaining a moment-by-moment awareness of our thoughts, feelings, bodily sensations, and surrounding environment, through a gentle, nurturing lens.’

I like to describe acting mindfully as the space between your intent and your actions.

E.g. You smell pizza and immediately want one (intent) and you either get one or you don’t (action)

The effort of consideration is what I would call being mindful.

One of the very first things I ask my clients to do is to get clear on their values and goals.

When you are clear on your values, you can be mindful of them when making any decisions.

Like in the above example, if your health is a top value, you might pause after you intend to get the pizza and remember that the pizza is not the healthiest choice at the time, so you don’t get it.

Mindfulness is beneficial in all areas of life. How often do we offend somebody because we want the upper-hand in an argument?

It is natural to feel the intent to hurt somebody back when they offend you, but if you just take a moment between the intent and the action, you can stop things spiralling or save a relationship.

Acting mindfully allows for rational thoughts and actions, instead of irrational ones.

If we get into a practice of stopping to ask ourselves:

“Is this true?”

“Why?”

“What would this look like from another perspective?”

“Is this in line with my goals and values?“,

we can be more satisfied and accepting of the results of our actions because we actually gave them some thought.

Mindfulness takes practice.

You have to try.

Journaling and meditation are both useful tools for slowing down and becoming more aware of our thoughts and what is important to us.

For me, it made a huge difference to my attitude to nutrition and my body.

It didn’t mean that I never had pizza - it meant that when I did have it, it was because I really did want it and not just because it was Sunday, or because somebody else was eating it.

I became kinder to myself with regards to my body image because I would have thoughts about being “fat, guilty, bad” etc but once I journaled and took some space to consider it they were true, I realised I was having irrational thoughts.

This is what helped me feeling happy and healthy in the long run. Of course the basics of fat loss is a calorie deficit but it’s the mindset around it that leads to long term results.

That’s why The Furnace has three “spokes” - Training, Nutrition and Mindset.

It costs €99 per month for 3 months or a once of payment of €259 - and you won't need another diet plan after that!

Click below if you would like to get started today.

Thanks for reading,

Siobhan “Is this true?" O'Hagan​

• Haha
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
New e-mail alert 🚨

So blatantly obvious that the big sales push only ever comes when she needs money to support one of her many crappy and expensive life decisions.

Subject : Mindfulness 101 💭

Mindfulness is a buzz word now, and I use it all the time in The Furnace when talking about nutrition - but what does it really mean?

According to Google, ‘Mindfulness means maintaining a moment-by-moment awareness of our thoughts, feelings, bodily sensations, and surrounding environment, through a gentle, nurturing lens.’

I like to describe acting mindfully as the space between your intent and your actions.

E.g. You smell pizza and immediately want one (intent) and you either get one or you don’t (action)

The effort of consideration is what I would call being mindful.

One of the very first things I ask my clients to do is to get clear on their values and goals.

When you are clear on your values, you can be mindful of them when making any decisions.

Like in the above example, if your health is a top value, you might pause after you intend to get the pizza and remember that the pizza is not the healthiest choice at the time, so you don’t get it.

Mindfulness is beneficial in all areas of life. How often do we offend somebody because we want the upper-hand in an argument?

It is natural to feel the intent to hurt somebody back when they offend you, but if you just take a moment between the intent and the action, you can stop things spiralling or save a relationship.

Acting mindfully allows for rational thoughts and actions, instead of irrational ones.

If we get into a practice of stopping to ask ourselves:

“Is this true?”

“Why?”

“What would this look like from another perspective?”

“Is this in line with my goals and values?“,

we can be more satisfied and accepting of the results of our actions because we actually gave them some thought.

Mindfulness takes practice.

You have to try.

Journaling and meditation are both useful tools for slowing down and becoming more aware of our thoughts and what is important to us.

For me, it made a huge difference to my attitude to nutrition and my body.

It didn’t mean that I never had pizza - it meant that when I did have it, it was because I really did want it and not just because it was Sunday, or because somebody else was eating it.

I became kinder to myself with regards to my body image because I would have thoughts about being “fat, guilty, bad” etc but once I journaled and took some space to consider it they were true, I realised I was having irrational thoughts.

This is what helped me feeling happy and healthy in the long run. Of course the basics of fat loss is a calorie deficit but it’s the mindset around it that leads to long term results.

That’s why The Furnace has three “spokes” - Training, Nutrition and Mindset.

It costs €99 per month for 3 months or a once of payment of €259 - and you won't need another diet plan after that!

Click below if you would like to get started today.

Thanks for reading,

Siobhan “Is this true?" O'Hagan​
I become irate when she discusses these items like she has a clue of the complexity of how the human mind works because she read a couple of books. It's all of the influencers really talking about mindset etc with zero qualification to do so and only ever twisting information to suit their narrative.

Also she's not finding out the baby's gender 🥰 so much better than everyone who does. For the childs sake I hope it's a boy, imagine shiv in DIRECT competition with her daughter in 18 years time for who's the coolest/funniest/most not like the other girls.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
I become irate when she discusses these items like she has a clue of the complexity of how the human mind works because she read a couple of books. It's all of the influencers really talking about mindset etc with zero qualification to do so and only ever twisting information to suit their narrative.

Also she's not finding out the baby's gender 🥰 so much better than everyone who does. For the childs sake I hope it's a boy, imagine shiv in DIRECT competition with her daughter in 18 years time for who's the coolest/funniest/most not like the other girls.
Lol she’s defo finding out the gender. She just won’t say anything online until she fucks up one day and then back tracks saying that she was going to find out but only tell close family and fri… actually she has no close friends.. so just family

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Feel like I'm repeating myself but she's such a condescending know it all preachy donkey.

When she has the baby she will suddenly be an expert in parenting. Someone needs to reign her in.

Reactions: 25
Note that she stated I'M not finding out the sex... No 'we' involved in this co-parent partnership 😂Get used to it Neddy boy!

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Lol she’s defo finding out the gender. She just won’t say anything online until she fucks up one day and then back tracks saying that she was going to find out but only tell close family and fri… actually she has no close friends.. so just family
She'll tell Roisins friends before Roisin tells them the gender of her own baby.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
That email is just regurgitated information that has been around for decades. Bugs the duck out of me when she says things like ‘I would describe’ or ‘i like to call’ as if these are her own theories.

Reactions: 15
A lesson in mindfulness from someone who constantly talks about what she is looking forward to in the future while reminiscing about the past - which she didn't appreciate at the time because she was talking about the future and reminiscing about the past. She hasn't a clue about mindfulness.
---

• Heart
Reactions: 36
If she’s gonna try to write an ‘intellectual’ email she should try understanding it herself first….clearly doesn’t understand the meaning of ‘intent’. She’s talking about desire. Idiot.

Reactions: 11
Convinced she is someone with an undiagnosed personality disorder who has a platform.

It's impossible to be the level of bleep she is without something being not right with her. If she had something and we all knew about it there would be allowances made.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
If she’s gonna try to write an ‘intellectual’ email she should try understanding it herself first….clearly doesn’t understand the meaning of ‘intent’. She’s talking about desire. Idiot.
You are absolutely right. I didn't make it the whole way through the email. She is a terrible writer. Her emails are very hard to follow and you can hear the patronising tone.

They are about her... I do this, I think this, I tell my clients this. She could write them from the perspective of the client....Has this ever happened to you? Could you be feeling this way... perhaps this could work for you...But she can't because she has no empathy.

Reactions: 19
Here's the biggest life lesson Siobhan before you start preaching to others.

Be safe with strangers and take protective measures. So many infections out there. The gall of her trying to teach everyone something.

Reactions: 18
I’ve done a duck up 🤦🏻‍♀️ I didn’t link the wiki page.
I was so excited about the thread title 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.